shape
carat
color
clarity

My next step?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MikeS

Rough_Rock
With the help of the great folks here, I ordered my ring from WF...pic is attached
1.gif

My question now is....it arrives tomorrow...what would you suggest as far my next step as far as appraisal, etc. goes?
Thanks again, everyone
5.gif

ring77777.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it really depends on what you want from your appraisal on what your next step is.

MikeS

Rough_Rock
OK, being a newbie, I should be more specific, I guess.
What SHOULD I want from my appraisal (other than just a piece of paper for the insurance company)?
6.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 5:17:25 PM
Author: MikeS
OK, being a newbie, I should be more specific, I guess.
What SHOULD I want from my appraisal (other than just a piece of paper for the insurance company)?
6.gif
i don''t know, that''s why i''m asking!
2.gif

the appraisers surely hate me for it, but i am one who doesn''t always see appraisals as a necessity. it just depends on *your* situation and what *you* want. so again, depending on what you want from your appraisal, you can determine on how best to move forward. not all appraisals are the same. there are various levels of service as well as various levels of pricing. just decide what you want from your appraisal and move from there. if you just need the basic information for insurance, that comes with every stone sent from wf. when you have the diamond set, it also includes the information on the setting, so you are covered for the entire piece.
beautiful ring btw!
36.gif
i have a 3stone as well.

MikeS

Rough_Rock
OK....that makes sense to me...I''ve read some past posts about appraisals but they seem to be more of the "how" than the "why" --- and I''ve been trying to figure out *why* (if at all) I would need an appraisal done by an "independent" appraiser. I get the feeling not everyone agrees with you, but it makes sense to me
26.gif

and thanks....I can''t wait to pick it up tomorrow so it''s no longer just pictures and specifics
3.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 9:30:22 PM
Author: MikeS
OK....that makes sense to me...I''ve read some past posts about appraisals but they seem to be more of the ''how'' than the ''why'' --- and I''ve been trying to figure out *why* (if at all) I would need an appraisal done by an ''independent'' appraiser. I get the feeling not everyone agrees with you, but it makes sense to me
26.gif

and thanks....I can''t wait to pick it up tomorrow so it''s no longer just pictures and specifics
3.gif
i hope i haven''t been too vague mike, i just wanted to let you know that there are no hard and fast rules, it''s just more of a ''comfort'' thing. and yeah, not everyone agrees with me, no doubt. the point is, do what''s best for YOU.
2.gif

i can''t wait to see the ring (we will see the ring, right?) and hear what you think of it!
36.gif

jxl

Rough_Rock
I would do a verification to make sure if the stone matches with its certificate via independent appraiser or lab.

MikeS

Rough_Rock
Well, I''ll give it some thought over the weekend...thanks for the suggestions.

And of course you''ll see it, Belle --- right after my gf does
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results