shape
carat
color
clarity

My New York Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Well I finaly did it last Friday on her birthday during our vacation in New York. She had no idea about the proposal but I told her I'd be arranging everything that day so everything would be a surprise. The only thing she 'knew' was that we were meeting a bunch of our New York friends for birthday drinks that evening. In actual fact that was just to throw her off the scent - drinks were planned for the next day.

The pictures of the day are here: photos
And the thread on the ring is here: ring

So here's how the day went:

9.30am: French toast and bacon at a Greenwich Village diner
11.00am: Pick up by Limo from my friend's apartment (where we were staying) for a drive through Central Park and Manhattan
12.30pm: Arrived at the Pier 6 heliport for our 'Lady Liberty' helicopter flight
2.00pm: Grabbed a bagel and headed to Brooklyn
3.00pm: Arrived at the stables in Brooklyn for a horse ride round Prospect Park
4.30pm: Back to Manhattan for a spot of shopping.
6.30pm: Returned home to change for dinner
7.30pm: Headed off for the Empire State Building
8.30pm: Reached the top
8.45pm: Popped the question
10.00pm: Arrived at One if by Land Two if by Sea on Barrow Street for a three course meal and Champagne
1.00am: Arrived at the Wall Street Inn where the room had been prepared by my friend with rose petals, flowers, candles, more Champagne and a jacuzzi bath.

The day went perfectly despite a last minute venue switch from Top of The Rock to the Empire State Building on advice from some female friends who all agreed that that's where they'd want to get engaged. That meant hastily putting the restaurant reservation back to allow for the waiting time at the Empire State Building but One if by Land Two if by Sea couldn't have been more accommodating.

I was glad I did go for the Empire State Building in the end. It was a really special moment and so many people came up to congratulate us afterwards. She was completely blown away and the surprise worked wonderfully.

The restaurant was superb and gave us a fabulous table, even piping 'congtratulations' onto our dessert plates which was a nice touch.

The hotel was perfect too and my friend did a great job getting the room ready just as I'd envisaged.

All in all it was an amazing day and - thanks to Pricescope - I got the ring to match it.

Thank you to everyone who offered advice on the ring and the planning. I'm now a very hapy fiance
9.gif

NY%20(16).jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Best wishes to you both!!!!

I love Lucy''s last picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We share the same birthday, her and I...but I wasn''t as lucky!!
39.gif
39.gif
....it''s ok...maybe soon!!!
1.gif

Congrats!!! great pictures, great couple, beautiful ring, awesome proposal!

M~

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congratulations on your engagement. What an awesome proposal you planned out!

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 10:26:20 PM
Author: Mandarine

I love Lucy''s last picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We share the same birthday, her and I...but I wasn''t as lucky!!
39.gif
39.gif
....it''s ok...maybe soon!!!
1.gif
Thank you so much - that one''s now my desktop wallpaper :)

I''m sure that proposal is just round the corner - we like to strike when you least expect it
2.gif

Small

Brilliant_Rock
That''s an amazing story!!! Congrats
36.gif
The ring is beautiful as well
30.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
What a great pic!!!! Congarats to you both.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results