shape
carat
color
clarity

My new-to-me pink tourmaline CvB solitaire

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva - I admire Mochiko's discipline and, in this particular instance, am very grateful for it! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @Tekate! I really hope you find a new green beauty to replace your previous one. Or better still - I hope you find the one you've misplaced! Losing precious items is the worst!

I TOTALLY agree, @missy! Not nearly enough liciousness in the world these days! And I very much hope we can get together soon. :)) We just need to somehow jockey @Alex T into coming on board!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bludiva - I admire Mochiko's discipline and, in this particular instance, am very grateful for it! :mrgreen:

Thank you, @Tekate! I really hope you find a new green beauty to replace your previous one. Or better still - I hope you find the one you've misplaced! Losing precious items is the worst!

I TOTALLY agree, @missy! Not nearly enough liciousness in the world these days! And I very much hope we can get together soon. :)) We just need to somehow jockey @Alex T into coming on board!!

No need to jockey me - i’m onboard for some delicious-liciousness! Will message you later - I emailed Missy back last night but ran out of time to write another one due to Swimming Lesson Sweatbox Hell........

And also, I am very jelly of this ring. This is exactly the most perfect RHR!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No need to jockey me - i’m onboard for some delicious-liciousness! Will message you later - I emailed Missy back last night but ran out of time to write another one due to Swimming Lesson Sweatbox Hell........

And also, I am very jelly of this ring. This is exactly the most perfect RHR!

Just replied @Alex T as I sit here waiting for yet another doctor. Thank goodness for such delicious bling to enjoy as I’m waiting. :love:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is very pretty...love it..I have a pink tourmaline from Barry as well....mine is pretty but dang your is much prettier...enjoy

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
This is simply stunning, it looks beautiful on your finger and the color change is soo cool! A perfect vacation piece because you won't get tired of the same thing because the stone changes. Gorgeous!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @whitewave - me too! :mrgreen: I love a solitaire setting - it has an elegance that is very easy on the eye.

Thanks, @Alex T. To be honest, I'm finding the setting a little light and fragile. One of my dogs jumped up and hooked one of his claws into it, and we almost came to grief. I think this one will need to be babied somewhat. That tourmaline, tho.....WOW!

@diamondringlover - Barry can really cut a stone, can't he? His gems are just delicious!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 - ooh - so right about it being a gerat vacation piece! Just the thought makes me want to take it to Hawaii and check it out in the different levels of tropical light! I mean - this is as good a reason as any to go to Hawaii...right??

And @missy - I really hope your doctors visits are going well. I have a bunch of stuff going on myself right now, as you know; it's never easy, is it? Big hugs to you!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And @missy - I really hope your doctors visits are going well. I have a bunch of stuff going on myself right now, as you know; it's never easy, is it? Big hugs to you!!

Thank you @mrs-b, I won't hijack this thread but suffice to say no, things are going quite awry. I hope you are faring better.
Big (((hugs))) to you too.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@bling_dream19 - ooh - so right about it being a gerat vacation piece! Just the thought makes me want to take it to Hawaii and check it out in the different levels of tropical light! I mean - this is as good a reason as any to go to Hawaii...right??

YES YES YES!!! This is the perfect time to take a vacation to Hawaii!!! You've got to see how your beautiful tourmaline shows in the sunrise, sunsets and while relaxing by water and your justification, is that you'll be packing light! Who am I kidding, I can never travel light when it comes to jewelry! Beautiful ring :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure how I missed this. @mochiko42 's has put together some of my favorite CS creations here and you are so lucky @mrs-b to benefit! A big fan of Caysie's designs and Barry's faceting - to have them together in one ring is just :love: .

How does one get invited to a get-together in Hawaii?? :P2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - you have my full empathy for medical stuff going off the rails. I hear you - I feel you - aw hell, when it comes to this stuff, I AM you! My ablation is next week - a 6 hour procedure where they burn away part of my heart. I am praying continually that this works out ok, and that my thyroid normalizes in the months after that when I can get off the a-fib medication that's caused the whole problem in the first place. Definitely one of those 'the treatment is worse than the disease' scenarios. I'll be keeping my fingers cross for both of us, for some progress and some accurate treatments. Big hugs to you too, my friend!

Reactions: AV_

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 - I am all for going to Hawaii! I've never been and I would LOVE to see it! I'd also love to go to Bora Bora, which I've heard is equally stunning - or even more so, depending on who you talk to. Either way, I'd love a vay-cay!

Thank you, @lilmosun! I do have a problem with the CvB setting, tho. My dogs have jumped on me and caught a claw in the band twice now, and it's given me an obvious ding. CvB's designs are on the light side, and I think this one will need some babying to go the distance. Definitely a 'going out' ring, rather than a work-horse ring.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went in for a root canal in 2016 now on my 2nd year of osteomyelitis of the jaw, been on antibiotics so long I have stomach pain just moving, BUT nothing compared to an abalation MrsB. sending you healing thoughts and caring thoughts. A big hug too.

@missy - you have my full empathy for medical stuff going off the rails. I hear you - I feel you - aw hell, when it comes to this stuff, I AM you! My ablation is next week - a 6 hour procedure where they burn away part of my heart. I am praying continually that this works out ok, and that my thyroid normalizes in the months after that when I can get off the a-fib medication that's caused the whole problem in the first place. Definitely one of those 'the treatment is worse than the disease' scenarios. I'll be keeping my fingers cross for both of us, for some progress and some accurate treatments. Big hugs to you too, my friend!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 I do have a problem with the CvB setting, tho. My dogs have jumped on me and caught a claw in the band twice now, and it's given me an obvious ding. CvB's designs are on the light side, and I think this one will need some babying to go the distance. Definitely a 'going out' ring, rather than a work-horse ring.
That is good to know as I only own one CVB ring (Astrid) and it is quite substantial so assumed all of her pieces were like that (plus no prong issues as it's a bezel).

Hope your procedure goes well with a quick recovery and that things turn around for @missy.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pink color and that's quite the color change it has!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate - thank you so much - I appreciate the hugs. :)) And I'm so sorry about the anitbiotics and their effects on you. I really hope this settles down for you very soon. And thank you for the kind comments about my new ring. Hugs back to you!

@lilmosun - I suspect you wouldn't have the same problems with the Astrid, as it has a splayed band, I believe? My pink tourm, however, has a VERY tapered band, which also isn't particularly thick. So it's more susceptible to bumps and snags. Seriously - I think the issue is with me, not the ring. I just need to work out when and where to wear it; some rings relly are more fragile by design than others, and that's ok. :))

Thanks, @Catmom! The color is sublime - in all its iterations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results