shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Quest e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Blen~I forgot to mention something...I''m getting a 1/2 carat stone from my bf''s family whenever it is we''re able to get engaged, and after seeing your first ring (gorgeous even though it wasn''t ideal!) I decided I want an x prong too, and I''m a YG girl all the way! Show us those hand pics as soon as you can sweetie!!!
~Megan =)

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I''m blown away! Quest has done this x-prong design many times now, so I guess that''s why they can make it so fast.
I wear quite a bit of yellow gold ever since I met my husband. He loves it, so ... I do, too!
What''s nice is the way it mellows out over time.
It is just beautiful!
CONGRATULATIONS
36.gif

35.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all of the wonderful comments! It really means a lot to my FI and me.

Anchor, we have almost opposite situations. I prefer the way that WG/Plat look against diamonds, but YG looks so much better against my skin. My fiance had asked me a couple of times which I prefered, and I never really gave him a straight answer (mostly because I didn''t know myself). I just explained what I liked and disliked about the different metals. He chose the YG, and now I''m so glad that he did!

IrishAngel, does this mean that we might be ring twins?
9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful, sweetie! I am impressed at the fast turnaround time, wow. Can''t wait to see it on your hand!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Blen, it looks beautiful! Please post those hand shots as you as it lands on your finger. Congrats on finally getting it the way you want!
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s a beauty

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your ring looks beautiful! Can''t wait to see it on your finger!
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Yes Blen we will definitely be ring twins!!! Unless my boyfriend doesn''t want any input as to what setting I want.
35.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous Blenheim - I''m so glad it all worked out for you. The stone looks fab and Quest did a great job with the setting...and super fast!!!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love it...Such beautiful, clean lines of the setting! The diamond looks gorgeous too! Can''t wait for handshots!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Now that is just flat-out delicious in that yummy yellow gold. Wow....me likey likey!

Jeannine

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee hee HOOO-RAY! I missed the earlier thread or I would have surely filled you up with mucho, mucho ill-concieved and possibly harmful "advice"
3.gif

I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
the new rock/ring! And am SO HAPPY that you quickly got on the same page about it, that the visuals helped him understand your desire. What a great fella you have! And its def def a good sign that you both were able to communicate & negotiate & work together to get such an AWESOME solution ya both will BEAM about!!!

I know he''ll probably read this thread (YOU ROCK!) but I just wanted to say this -- don''t hold back on how much you LOVE it. He really deserves to feel the full power & intensity of your delight. It''s almost like getting engaged TWICE!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Elegant & beautiful.
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Blen~I still love it! Now show us pictures girl we''re dying over here!!!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could, but he''s not going to be in town until 4 or 4:30. And there''s a chance that he might take me off somewhere pretty to give it to me (
30.gif
), so I might not have it until much later today.
39.gif
But I promise pictures before I go to bed!!

Deco, thanks! He''s really been wonderful about everything. I''m now wondering what kind of ill-conceived "advice" you would have given me. I usually feel like you''re right on the mark.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring!
36.gif
30.gif
Congratulations!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I just can''t *wait* to see hand shots! Enjoy your evening!
2.gif

jen

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
OMG I love it! Sorry I didn''t post earlier, but we went on a walk with the new ring and looked at it in the sun, and under the trees, and we went out to dinner with it, and we went grocery shopping with it (Walmart has surprisingly good lights!), and we visited the sorority house with it, and looked at it under street lamps, and it''s just been so much fun.

I took a bunch of pictures, and then after I downloaded two of them onto my computer, it stopped recognizing my camera and when I tried to download the rest it kept telling me that I was performing illegal actions.
39.gif
I''m going to try again tomorrow. I''m working on J to go get another, newer, better camera JUST for ring pics. Heehee.

(Can anyone tell that I''m giddy?)

RING PICS!

BlenHandshot1.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock

BlenHandshot2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fab Blen...can you reboot your computer and try again? Sometimes just unplugging the camera, rebooting then trying again works. Good luck!! Wanna see more pics!

laila

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful Blenheim!!! Soo happy that everything worked out for you! I can''t wait to see more pictures
2.gif
!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the way the gold sets off the whiteness of the stone!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 9:08:48 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Beautiful! I love the way the gold sets off the whiteness of the stone!
That was my thought exactly! Sometimes diamonds can pick up the YG color of the setting, but your diamond is so white compared to the setting! It really is gorgeous!

I used to have a .55ct in a white gold x-prong setting and sometimes I miss it. It is just so classic!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful hand pic! It looks great!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Cut nuts, I need some more advice. J told me that the diamond was one of the ones we discussed with Pete, and I only remembered the AGS000 .56 -- it turns out that there was also a GIA one, which is the one that he got. I''ve been really really happy with it, and then I looked at the cert and started plugging numbers into the HCA and now I really would appreciate your honest opinion.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Dossier®
Date of Issue: January 31, 2005
Laser Inscripion Registry: GIA 13886018
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.25 - 5.27 x 3.29 mm
Carat Weight: 0.56
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1

Proportions:
Depth: 62.5 %
Table: 57 %
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None

Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Clarity Characteristics: Feather, Crystal

Additional Information
Crown Angle: 35°
Crown Height: 15 %
Pavilion Angle: 41.4°
Pavilion Depth: 44 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Cut Grade: Very Good

Plugging these numbers into the HCA gives:

Light Return: Very good
Fire: Fair
Scintillation: Fair
Spread: Very good
Total Visual Performance: 4.9 Good - only if price is your main criterion

(By the way, we had talked with Pete about getting an HCA score under 2.)

laila

Shiny_Rock
Ugggh Blenheim!!! Shoot! I'm no expert so I won't comment on what all the numbers mean, but I'm so sorry that the HCA isn't what you had thought it would be
8.gif
Do you love the look of the stone, regardless of the numbers? Have you talked to your fiance about this yet? I thought Pete knew you guys wanted an ideal cut diamond?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blenheim, congrats! I am glad you and your fiance worked this out and both of you were so good about this. The ring is very lovely!

As for the new stats, I am no expert so maybe the others will chime in. However, (and this may be an unpopular opinion) unless the other stone is around the same price and you can easily exchange it should it be found it is obviously more desirable, maybe you shouldn''t focus too much on the numbers of this one? You mentioned you are really happy with it, and I think that is the most important thing. You seemed so thrilled with it until you plugged it into the HCA, which while a great tool is not the end all be all.

I look forward to seeing more pics of it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results