shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Guilty Pleasure... looking at my ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
We''re engaged! I am so happy. It''s been over six years since we met, and out of the 2000+ days that we''ve known each other, the day he chose to propose was the perfect one. It really makes me think about how there''s a bigger plan for me that is better than the one I can imagine if I will just be patient! So here''s the story!

Short version: He took me to lunch where we had our first date in college. Then we "snuck" into Kyle Field - he had arranged to have the gate unlocked. Then while I was taking pictures of him on the field for a work thing, he held out the box. I jumped out of the stands and ran to him, he asked me to marry him, and I said yes. Then our parents came out of the tunnel clapping and we all celebrated!

Long version:
We have season tickets to our college''s football games, so we are driving four hours to Bryan, TX nearly every weekend. This eats up our weekends, he''s never been alone with my parents to my knowledge, and I had really resigned myself to having to wait until after football season for a proposal. But he is tricky! He told me that he needed a picture of him in his college jersey for work - they were putting together a board at work for all the new guys to see where the flight instructors were from. He thought it might be neat to get his picture at Kyle Field so all the Aggies would recognize it. I said I''d take his picture at the game, and he said he thought it would be cool to actually be standing on the field, so let''s just go on Sunday and get in through the ticket office like he had done when he picked up our tickets.

So Sunday morning, I was sunburned, had no makeup, let my hair air dry etc because we were just taking a picture of him right? HA. He took me to lunch where we had our first date back in college, but it was Cheddar''s so I tried not to read too much into it. Then we went to Kyle Field, but the door was locked that he thought would be open. (He knew it would be) So I took his picture in front of the gates, and then we walked around to see if we could get in. My heart had been pitter pattering all morning, but I had convinced myself that I just needed to chill because there was NO WAY that he had bought the ring yet. Well as we were about to leave, we saw a gate that wasn''t locked. He asked me, "Do you think we''ll get in trouble?" I said, "What are they going to do? Arrest us?" and he told me he liked the way I think. So, we walked in, and I took some pictures. We walked to the fifty yard line, but I was too nervous to walk on the field because I thought we''d be kicked out any second. So he told me to get in the stands and take a picture of him. He walked onto the grass and got on his knee, and I told him to stand up so I could get a better angle! yeah, I''m brilliant. So he stood up, I took the picture, and while I fiddled with the camera, he got on his knee again. When I looked up again, he was on one knee holding out the box! I jumped up and down, leaped out of the stands, and ran to him on the field. He asked me to marry him, and I said yes and was so excited that I grabbed his arm to pull him up and hugged him without seeing the ring. Then I heard clapping, and I thought the grounds people were cheering for us. I looked over and both our families were coming out of the tunnel with a banner that said our names. So I said through my tears and smiles, "oh I''m not wearing any makeup! oh we need the ring!" So I opened the box and he put it on my finger, and we hugged our families. We had pie at his parents and spent the afternoon with family.

When we got home to Corpus Christi last night around ten, we stayed up for hours drinking wine and reading the letters and cards I had sent to him over the past six years while he was stationed far away and on the Navy ship. It was really special. I just feel like I''m writing fiction, and it hasn''t sunk in yet that it''s really here. We''re getting married!

Okay, I don''t have the pictures from the proposal because they are on his sister''s camera, but here are some I took this afternoon... I''ll post the pictures from my family''s hiding spot once she emails them. Stay tuned for today''s pictures while I figure out how to resize them.

36.gif

debzy103

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! That''s a fantastic proposal!!! Best I''ve heard in a long time, to be honest. You''re a very lucky girl.
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!What a great proposal!!!!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
That is precious! Congratulations!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like he sure is a keeper! Congrats to the both of you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations GP! That proposal brought a tear to my eye - how romantic
30.gif
I think it was perfect that your family got to witness it. Congrats again. I cant wait for the pictures!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful, sweet proposal, GP! Congratulations to you and your fiance.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
It really meant so much to me that he involved my family because he has always been kind of shy around them, hence the notion that he''s never spoken to them alone. Well it turns out that when he had duty this week on Wednesday, which is where a person has to sit in the office and log landings until around 11 o''clock at might, he was actually driving to Houston to take my parents to dinner. He told me, "Remember how I had duty on Wednesday? Well it was my duty to drive to Houston and take your parents to dinner to ask for their blessing." I am just tickled pink at how sneaky he was. I thought he had been blowing ring shopping off since he never made time the last few weeks to go on game weekends... and it was because he already had been working on it with another jeweler.

Here''s the picture I took outside the locked gates... you can see the ring in his cargo shorts!

resize 382.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
The green dots are from my green shirt that I wore today
1.gif

resize 418.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Side views to see the setting. I really liked how he chose to do the prongs... it kind of gives my cushion cut rectangle the illusion of an oval shape from far away.

resize419.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one that he took last night on a shoe box to send to his friend
1.gif

I''ll post the pictures of the actual proposal once I get them. Thanks for reading my story
36.gif

bananaring.JPG

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OMG i got tears in my eyes.... how incredibly sweet is that!!! :) gorgeous ring too :)

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
WHOOP!
emthup.gif
and congrats from a fellow aggie!! I LOVE that he proposed on Kyle field, SO much better than the centure tree, right? (which is romantic but it would have been a dead giveaway) He did such a good job
30.gif
best of luck with your future together!

ETA: I just noticed that behind your FI and the E. King Gill statue you can see the camp out tents for the Tech game pull!! lol

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!! Beautiful ring!!
36.gif
36.gif

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 11:22:45 PM
Author: aggiebling09
WHOOP!
emthup.gif
and congrats from a fellow aggie!! I LOVE that he proposed on Kyle field, SO much better than the centure tree, right? (which is romantic but it would have been a dead giveaway) He did such a good job
30.gif
best of luck with your future together!

ETA: I just noticed that behind your FI and the E. King Gill statue you can see the camp out tents for the Tech game pull!! lol

When we couldn''t get in at the Zone office, it crossed my mind... "maybe he is proposing without a ring, and he''s about to take me on a walk around campus." We do have a kind of special spot at the MSC from Ring Dance. I even asked, "So do you want to just walk around and take pictures on campus then since we can''t get in?" He said no, and that was when I was SURE that he really did just need a picture for work and there would not be a proposal that day, hehe. He told me later that he chose to do it on Kyle Field because he thought it would be a little different plus we would always be coming back to Kyle Field and could see the place of our engagement, but we''d have to make special trips to see the century tree since we never go to that part of campus.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
GP-
How awesome for you! It looks like it was a very special and meaningful proposal!

Congrats (and the bling is awesome too!)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
congratulations!!!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful and meaningful proposal! I can definitely see the "ring bulge" in his cargo pants. Bet you didn''t notice before he proposed though! What do they say about hindsight being 20/20?
9.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
aww thats sweet!! congrats!! Great ring!!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
What an absolutely perfect day!! Congratulations!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
wowwww!! congratulations!!! your proposal story brought me to tears!!!

IrishEyes08

Rough_Rock
Yay!! That''s such a great proposal story, really heartfelt, it''s clear he put thought into it. Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous, I really like cushions.

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!
36.gif
What a wonderful proposal!
Congrats!!! Beautiful ring too
9.gif

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh, congratulations!!! I''m so excited, I LOVE that proposal story.

What a beautiful cushion - I lluurrve the rectangular look, I''m hoping for something similar!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
congrats!!!! what a super sweet story! i love it!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww how romantic!!! Thank you for sharing!!!! I LOVE your ring too
30.gif
30.gif

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results