shape
carat
color
clarity

my new earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not totally new - I bought these emeralds from a store that was going out of business. It was a good buy but the poor guy had no clue about mounting - I wish I took photographs before making these ones. I wanted to donate them but my appraiser said that emeralds looked quite decent so I put them in gold jackets instead.

emeear111.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another one

emeear222.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another view

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yet one more

emeear333.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do not know why they ended up tilted - I must have read many postings about "down under". Sorry.

emeear444.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Love them! I think that bezels can do wonders for emeralds (assuming your jeweller doesen''t destroy them while bezeling), cause the vast majority of the more affordable ones are quite light in color, so bezels can give them a deeper, richer shade of green. And this deep, rich green is what emeralds are all about, and why they''re so desirable, so good work on those!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmmm...emeralds...gold...bezel...YUM!

Any chance of ear shots?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Great colour.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings, crasru.
36.gif

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings look great, Crasru. Any chance of an earshot?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Crasru,

I like your earrings. They certainly don''t look too light. I like emeralds very much. I have some but they are lighter than yours but nontheless quite pretty.

Wear them in good health.

Thanks

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all. I really appreciate wishes of good health. My earshots are on a different computer; I shall post them later as well as my emerald ring.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great earrings and a wonderful color.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Marcy. I don''t plan to buy an emerald any time soon so I thought, why not post these ones?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely rich colour, and a matched set too!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 3:47:15 PM
Author: crasru
Thank you all. I really appreciate wishes of good health. My earshots are on a different computer; I shall post them later as well as my emerald ring.
They''re gorgeous, I''m such a sucker for emeralds! I can''t wait to see ear shots and pictures of your emerald ring :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK here are earshots. Two of them done by me so I really did not see what I was photographing. Whatever...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is the first time it worked

earring777.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2010 6:40:38 PM
this is the first time it worked
try again

earring888.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is what my 6-year old did today. He does not know how to use macro button but I think with minimal training he''ll learn.

earr503.JPG

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 6:43:30 PM
And this is what my 6-year old did today. He does not know how to use macro button but I think with minimal training he''ll learn.
Hah! You have yourself an assistant! Lovely earrings, I like what you did with them.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
i really like them
1.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, those are beautiful crasru! Enjoy!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 2:12:37 AM
Author:crasru
Not totally new - I bought these emeralds from a store that was going out of business. It was a good buy but the poor guy had no clue about mounting - I wish I took photographs before making these ones. I wanted to donate them but my appraiser said that emeralds looked quite decent so I put them in gold jackets instead.
Very pretty crasru! And if you''re ever in the mood to donate jewels again... you know where I''m at!!
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah those look really really yummy! The emeralds look very nice in those settings. TFS
21.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful! I love the color!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! Yes, I am teaching my 6-year old to take photographs because he is so ardent about it and because so far he seems to be the only one in my family expressing interest in gems (except for me, of course). He is a boyish-boy, likes airplanes and transformers, what not, so I think there is nothing wrong in teaching him to appreciate beauty. We take him to all museums, and when he gets tired of "pictures", he''d fall asleep on a museum bench.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results