shape
carat
color
clarity

My new diamond: whatcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
pretty nice arrows for so small a diamond I think.

Thanks Wink you rock! :} even if you did run off to play with eightstars they day after I sent you payment!! But I wasnt worried about it and hope you had fun.

He had a hard time getting the photo he said so the quality of the photo isnt the best.

strm15point.jpg

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a ton of hot spots in there.

Should be beautiful.

What are you using it for?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Specs? Looks good from the IS!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
VERY NICE! That is an amazing cut for such a little fellow. I am in awe of such craftsmanship. Way to go, Storm.

Shay

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now a little about working with Wink.
For the most part everything was great but if you want to get the best results use email or call him.
He seemed a little frustrated by the pm system here not saving copies of what he sent.
He seemed real busy and with business sure to pick up after his new website goes live he needs to streamline things a little.

He ended up getting in atleast 3 other diamonds before getting a great one.
But it looks like he did :} I will post an update when I get it in hand in a few days,

Finding great diamonds in this size isnt easy unless you go with whiteflash and I wanted a local guy that I have do all my jewlery do the setting and they dont sell theirs lose.

Overall I give Wink 9 stars out of 10 rating.
No vender has ever got a 10 so dont take that as a bad thing :}
Id buy from him again with no hesitation.

Id like to give an honorable mention to diamondexpert who was a great help in my search for a diamond. I will be buying more gemstones from him in the future.

edit to add>
Thinking about this post I think I was a little critical but not sure how to put it other than to say over all Im very happy with his services and am looking forward to getting the diamond in hand :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
its going in my ring.

Which is hard to explain in words it will be a 3mm wide band with that diamond bezel set in a tapered tube bezel ~4mm wide total.
Iv got some real bad photoshop drawings of it but they are at home.
I will post it later tonight.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
specs:
.15ct
g/h
si

and most important wink says its a good one.
On stones this small you really have to trust your vendor because having a sarin done would likely double the price of the diamond.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Wink has come through again~! YEH WINK~!
appl.gif

Congrats on your lovely stone~!
21.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Nice rock storm. Good to know that Wink has nice little ones. Hard to find anything listed of that size. I may be in the market for a few and was looking because, like you found out that WF won't sell them loose.

Post pics of the finished product
wavey.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/5/2004 5:35:23 PM noobie wrote:

Nice rock storm. Good to know that Wink has nice little ones. Hard to find anything listed of that size. I may be in the market for a few and was looking because, like you found out that WF won't sell them loose.

Post pics of the finished product
wavey.gif

----------------

What are you making now, Noobie??????????
11.gif
9.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/5/2004 7:35:34 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Anybody able to make Storm happy ranks a ten in my book.

----------------

Your comment really cracked me up.

Do I really come accross as that bad here?

On second thought maybe I dont want to know!!!

I just have to call it the way I see it that is the way I am on here and in person.

ps.
My wifey2b says thanks for the compliment!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a really bad photoshop drawing that I did up to show my designer he has guarenteed that it wont look anything like these pictures other than in the general idea.
size 14
I have short huge fingers so that us why its narrow compared to most designs and will be low because I have my hands in and out of computers all day which is also the reason for the bezel setting.
I like the look of bezels anyway so it works out :}

strmring2.jpg

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Cool, is it in gold or platinum? Like to see pics when done. I hate wearing rings so I just wear a light Boone titanium band. My original is heavier gold and I don't find it as comfortable. But who knows, I may get used to ring and something like that looks pratical.

Oh, Jennifer I'm just thinking, I've got a few months till Christmas!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
strmrdr, yes, Wink ran off to 8* land after I left him a large deposit last Friday. Glad to read that you had a positive experience with Wink. My conversations with him have been quite enjoyable and he seems like a really nice guy. Now I am patiently waiting for my new bauble from him too. The suspense is killing me.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LOL! Go to conference, get REAL busy when you return, no time to play and miss a thread full of nice things.

Thanks to you all for the nice commments. I will take a nine out of ten any day, it means that all of the things that I downgraded on my own scale went unnoticed. Some things it is nice when they don't show up to the other side of the transaction, like the things I said to my vendor when the first batch of stones showed up. We got that little missunderstanding cleared up... I did tell Storm rider that there would be a one day delay while I had more stones shipped in.

My biggest challenge was getting such a small stone to stay in the lighting hole that Gary makes in his light sorce for the Ideal Scope. The hole was almost big enough to let the diamond fall through, and it sure did not want to sit level to have its picture taken!

Of course just about the worst thing of all is that Sheila is gone this week and I am having to do every thing by myself. Man, THAT REEKS!!! Fortuneately my wife is coming in in the afternoons to help me with the mail and the phones, but I am still a hundred or so emails in the hole and I have not even had time to listen to my phone messages yet. It will be a work weekend, dang, I really hate that!

Madam flutist, I think by the end of next week you will be making beautiful music! I am informed that some of your SI1's are in fact VS2's and of course the russian cutting will make your piece a true treasure to behold! It was well worth the extra day's wait for me to get the extra parcel in to my benchman for him to choose from. As soon as I have it here for final inspection you will receive pictures of your new heirloom!

Now this tired travelor is going to go to bed, well maybe I will take a quick peak at the Hangout and Colored Stone boards...

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/5/2004 11:08:54 PM noobie wrote:

Cool, is it in gold or platinum? Like to see pics when done. I hate wearing rings so I just wear a light Boone titanium band. My original is heavier gold and I don't find it as comfortable. But who knows, I may get used to ring and something like that looks pratical.

14k yellow gold.
I love the look of yellow gold.
plat is ok but I just like the color of yellow gold better.
I was thinking of using a golden yellow sapphire in the same design ring instead of a diamond but that would likely to be impossible to find.
A ruby was the other choice if I didnt find a suitable diamond I love rubies.
I thought of going with a triple bezel design with a 2mm ruby on each side of the diamond but decided against it I need to keep it small.
The original idea was a .03ct diamond just set into the band.
I figured why not Im only getting hitched once so go for it :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Got the diamond today,
Super sparky, very white and eyeclean.
Wink Rocks!!
Thanks wink :}

I will have pics taken once I get it mounted im way too paranoid im going to drop it to mess with photos now.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the kind words! I am glad you liked the stone. I am anxiously awaiting photos of the finished piece, it is going to be killer!

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sneak peek

strmrings.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

strmfinger.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
size 14.5 by his sizers.

The diamond looks bad in this pic but it shows the bezel well.
kinda wierd lighting.

strmcord3.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw when I went in to pick it up he asked what the specs were on the diamond.
I said g/h si1 and he said no way it was atleast an f if not higher.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/5/2004 2:54:47 PM strmrdr wrote:

...My new diamond: whatcha think?

----------------

Hm.. this one is easy
1.gif
I want one! NOW!

msbennie

Shiny_Rock
I'm just now realizing that the ring is a wedding band for a man. I really like the look. BTW, leave it to a man to display a ring on a power cord. (-:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kinda neat. Thats really cool. The stone is beautiful but everything from Wink is.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/13/2004 11:00:17 PM msbennie wrote:

I'm just now realizing that the ring is a wedding band for a man. I really like the look. BTW, leave it to a man to display a ring on a power cord. (-:----------------

Hehehe I was at work and Im a professional computer geek so the cord was handy :}
Im glad you like it, its my design :}
Not that it hasnt been done before but it isnt available as a setting.
I will be posting a little write up on designing your own ring on a budget soon.

Looking at it im thinking the 2 ruby idea would be awesome the kewl thing is I can add them at anytime maybe for one of our anniversaries.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
----------------
On 8/13/2004 10:05:39 PM strmrdr wrote:

----------------
Hey, what a great looking ring! When I called my guy about not getting the H&A that I wanted in the first batch I made a point of telling him to get me a great stone. It is hard to grade those smaller stones for color, but it could possibly be a low F. I promised you G-H for sure, if I over delivered then that is okay, I hope...
2.gif

Wink

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/14/2004 12:44:08 AM Wink wrote:

----------------

On 8/13/2004 10:05:39 PM strmrdr wrote:

----------------

Hey, what a great looking ring! When I called my guy about not getting the H&A that I wanted in the first batch I made a point of telling him to get me a great stone. It is hard to grade those smaller stones for color, but it could possibly be a low F. I promised you G-H for sure, if I over delivered then that is okay, I hope...

2.gif

Wink----------------

Its just fine :}
I love the ring and the diamond.
Thank you.
I do know that I couldnt see a hint of color when I looked at it against the white paper you sent it in.
I just thought it was an interesting comment.
The guy I had build the ring is kind of interesting, never heard of a firescope and doesnt seem to really care that much about diamonds.
But loves working with the metal and does totaly awesome work.
He just mounts what the stores send him for 99.99% of his business.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This picture gives a batter idea of how high the diamond sits.
It looks higher than it is in the other side view.

strmrings2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results