shape
carat
color
clarity

My New 3.08ctw Diamond Studs

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm proud to reveal my new 3.08ctw diamond studs. They're excellent cut (supposedly H&A) J/VS2. They are EGL graded so they are a bit warm, but even with a loupe they are almost entirely clean. I have them set in 18k YG 3 prong martinis, but I'm considering having them re-set in 18k RG 8 prong martinis. Do you think an 8 prong RG setting will make the diamonds look too warm? I'd love some thoughts. I can't seem to find pictures of any warmer diamonds in YG or RG 8 prongs. I apologize for not taking nice closeups of the diamonds, but I only have the camera on my phone. I just want to add that I knew what I was getting into buying EGL stones, the diamonds are actually clearer than I expected.

photo%202_3.png
photo%204.png

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
They look perfect on you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, those look beautiful on you!!

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you both! I'm absolutely loving them!

How do you think they would look in rose gold 8 prong martinis? Would it make them look too warm?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kimmy|1308271575|2947909 said:
Thank you both! I'm absolutely loving them!

How do you think they would look in rose gold 8 prong martinis? Would it make them look too warm?
It's hard to tell from the picture, but rose gold is always dreamy to me.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am absolutely jealous of you! =)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
they are beautiful~~

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! I think rose gold on a lower color would be gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually want prongs to be pretty invisible on diamonds and not have their reflection show in the stone, so I always choose white metals for diamonds (unless they are yellow and then I'd go with yg).

I told you on the other thread...but they look beautiful on you! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW. Those are massive :sun:

Agree w/ DS - I'd do white, it's a no-brainer debate btwn size boost vs. size reduction w/ a different coloured metal IMO 8)

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here are some more terrible phone pics... you can't see from the pics how well cut and clear the stones are. I hadn't looked at the diamonds off of my ears much (I put them on as soon as they arrived). They're actually really white. I think the gold prongs are making them look a lot warmer than they are. Maybe I should go with white metal 8 prong martinis? I think you're right that they will look larger and whiter. My only concern is that I wear mostly rose gold and yellow gold. Do you think that matters?

photo-2.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results