shape
carat
color
clarity

My mom made me some wedding jewelry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
My mom offered to make me a necklace to wear on my wedding day. At first I was cringing - her usual pieces include chunky beads in garish colors but when I wear jewelry it is always very understated. I didn''t want to hurt her feelings, so I spent a few hours looking at photos online and sending her links.

This morning she emailed to say that she finished the necklace. I was really nervous when I opened the photos, but it turned out GREAT!

These photos are terrible - mom obviously needs a photography class...

ericarnecklace1a.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Second photo

The dark beads are supposedly purple and aren''t nearly as dark as they look in the photos.

ericarnecklace2a.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol! I can''t wait to see it on. I was worried too when you mentioned it, but I''m rather impressed!

When will you get it?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty! How nice to have your mom make your jewelry!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that''s so pretty - is it your something blue? lovely!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
What a special gift for your wedding day. It looks very elegant and dainty. It also looks like you''ll be able to wear it again. As much as I look some of the super blingy wedding jewelry, I demure ''cause there aren''t a whole of days where it makes sense for me to put on a dazeling diamond necklace.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely piece! I''m glad it came out to your liking so everyone wins! I bet your mother was happy to contribute something handmade to your wedding outfit. My mother makes gemstone jewelery as well and I am hoping she will make me some earrings and embellish a haircomb for me.

Looking forward to seeing the necklace on you!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oooh it''s lovely! How special! Can''t wait to see more pics!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
That''s very pretty!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s so nice of you mam. It''s lovely!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome! How sweet of her....
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
That''s lovely... i''m so glad that it worked out and that you like it. I can''t wait to see a picture of you wearing it.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That''s so sweet of her, and it looks lovely! That''s so cool that she made you a necklace for your wedding day!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Mom said she''s sending it to me tomorrow so in the next few days I''ll have it and can take actual photos. :)

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s beautiful! It''s a very nice and special present from your Mom. I would wear it with pride!
16.gif

njwoods

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/23/2009 12:24:19 PM
Author:EricaR
My mom offered to make me a necklace to wear on my wedding day. At first I was cringing - her usual pieces include chunky beads in garish colors but when I wear jewelry it is always very understated. I didn''t want to hurt her feelings, so I spent a few hours looking at photos online and sending her links.

This morning she emailed to say that she finished the necklace. I was really nervous when I opened the photos, but it turned out GREAT!

These photos are terrible - mom obviously needs a photography class...

hello all,
How special to have your Mom make something you love to wear.What other colors will you be using in the wedding party? Are you going to be using some purple to accent the necklace or do you just love purple?

It is a very regal and elegant color and I bet you will love wearing the necklace for the same reasons.

an exotic setting is fun…
hawaii weddings

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
OK, I FINALLY took better photos. It only took me six weeks.
41.gif

I don''t really have a bridal party, but the purple color is really close to the purple on the hair pins I bought today.
36.gif
It is my favorite color and I''m loving incorporating small touches of it.

ericarnecklacefinal1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Closer up. The beads look much more blue here than they are in real life. Lighting was bad today, sorry!

ericarnecklacefinal2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh look! 2 months later you decide to post pics!
41.gif

(Very nice. Neck shot?)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Yes yes... neck shots are needed.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 7:08:29 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh look! 2 months later you decide to post pics!
41.gif

(Very nice. Neck shot?)

Hey, I''ve had a bit going on during those weeks!

No neck shots yet. Ken is a bit busy with his geeks. I''ll try and get help from him tomorrow.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha!!!! Ahhh....Ken and his geeks. Sounds like a band...a really bad one. With Barbie as a groupie.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2009 7:14:15 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hahahaha!!!! Ahhh....Ken and his geeks. Sounds like a band...a really bad one. With Barbie as a groupie.

Except my name isn''t Barbie!

Ok, I''ll try and get neck shots tomorrow after I play with makeup at the Clinique counter.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results