shape
carat
color
clarity

My Masquerade Ball Dress (with accessories!)

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies! (and gents
19.gif
)

I am getting married this coming Halloween. My beau and I are theatre geeks, and thus are having a masquerade ball themed wedding. We are getting married in a GORGEOUS rock club in downtown Portland, ME, and I am really excited (well, mostly for the VIP after-party ;-) ) As starving artist folks, we are straight-up broke. Which makes the whole wedding dress thing very hard. I always envisioned myself in a striking burgundy or eggplant reproduction historical dress- but could never swing having a custom piece made for me.

I was fortunate enough to find a beautiful dress at the Running of the Brides for CHEAP- the only catch was it is ivory! I''m not a fan of white, but I couldn''t say no to this dress at this price. And it does have some gorgeous detailing and period-esqe aspects. I am going to find ways to glam it up with color. I bought cocktail hat that I plan to embellish with peacock feathers, and just adding that one accessory made me feel a whole lot more like me in the dress.

Ok, ok, enough chatter- on to the pics!

kp04092weddingdress1.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
and front...

kp04092weddingdress2.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
more of the train...

kp04092weddingdress3.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
detail of embroidery and pleating (the zipper falls down because the hook and eye were ripped off at ROTB)

Thanks for looking!
35.gif

kp04092weddingdress4.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
aaand one last pic- our venue! You cant see it, but the entire wall to the right of the dance floor is hand-stenciled damask wallpaper in black and grey- it''s STUNNING! There is also a front lounge (where the cameraman is standing) with mod red couches where we will be having costume trunks and makeshift "photobooths" for our guests.
1.gif

PCMHMainFloor2smallerresized.jpg

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gorgeous! It will fit in so well with your theme!

ETA: I love the idea of the peacock feathers too.

I love the pleating at the back of your dress - very nice!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great dress. I can''t wait to see your finished outfit as well as your guests''.

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kitty! It's a really neat space :) And the peacock feathers are our color theme.

FutureMrs. thanks! I think the pleating is what sold me, it's such a beautiful detail :)

I am still on the hunt for an affordable eggplant purple bolero, but all the etsy vendors with beautiful work are out of my price range...the search continues!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is beautiful.
What you described is pretty much what I wanted; a colored, period inspired dress. I am so glad you found something amazing and it looks
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Satin-Bolero-Shurg-Top-Short-Sleeve-Purple-Large-/250491281405?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_CSA_WC_Shirts_Tops&hash=item3a52719ffd a quick search turned this up. Ebay may be your best bet.
You could also go to a fabric store and pick up a few yards of something sheer to use as a shawl.

Your wedding sounds like a blast, can I come
2.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
your dress is gorgeous and you look beautiful in it (and the venue looks amazing!) I''m sure you''ll find a bolero you like--ebay, a local seamstress, etsy, vintage stores...one will turn up:)

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i think you look absolutely stunning in your dress!!
1.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
i love, love, LOVE it all. i think we probably have similar style. your venue looks amazing! and that dress is stunning.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress. The detailing is amazing. I really like your hat too.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!

I''m a ROTB bride as well, as was my sister. Can''t pass it up! Glad you got lucky there too, I love the straps!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous gown! I love your venue too. I wish I could see that wallpaper you described!

Who is the designer of your gown? Do you know or is it a mystery?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
SO pretty!!!!!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful!

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! The tag says Jasmine Bridal on it....that''s about all I know. I don''t get fussed about designer stuff, I just like what I like :)

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
very pretty dress! I love peacock feathers
30.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Love the Masquerade idea! How fun! The dress is lovely on you and the venue looks perfect!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
You look really beautiful.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous dress, you look stunning!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooo that dress is gorgeous! I think you can totally glam it up with accessories-- purple shoes, necklace, make-up, etc. that venue is awesome! I''d love to be a guest for a costume wedding!!

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/10/2010 8:39:30 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I forgot to add, have you been to this site?

http://offbeatbride.com/

I divide my time equally between pricescope''s colored stones section, and OBB! I LOVE that blog! The women are all stunning. It''s what made me decide that we are doing things our way (aka. pizza for food) and focusing on having a good time- not all sorts of formal traditions that don''t really apply to us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results