shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mac won''t accept any CD or DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone experienced it on their Mac lap top?I was going to burn my photos to DVD and discovered that it won''t " grab it" It just won''t accept any CD or DVD?
Not sure what it may be as my lap top was never dropped and it seems that the machine won''t take it.Its not the CD or DVD its definitely my Mac.
Any suggestions? I think I still have warranty left? Thanks

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Might be a stupid question, but are you sure there isn''t a DVD or CD in there already?

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto to Neatfreak, just double check that it''s not holding onto something - if not, go onto Apple.com and you can enter your serial number and double check your warranty status - I have found Mac to be hands down one of the best with warranties, repairs, etc. - so don''t fret! (do you have ProCare by chance? if so make an appt. to schedule the genius bar/repair svc. asap. good luck!
1.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to both of you.No its not stupid question to see if there is another cd alrady.That is the first thing I checked for.So have to take it in to see what is going on.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
does your mac come with the dvd burner? I can't burn DVD's on mine which is why I'm asking. Mine is 5 years old though and they may be standard on the new ones.

ETA: are you saying that when you load a cd or dvd it won't even play it?

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:48:45 PM
Author: mrssalvo
does your mac come with the dvd burner? I can''t burn DVD''s on mine which is why I''m asking. Mine is 5 years old though and they may be standard on the new ones.

ETA: are you saying that when you load a cd or dvd it won''t even play it?

It won''t accept any cd, dvd can''t be loaded.I put it almost all the way in and usually it grabs it but not any more.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hey-

My computer has the same problem... I went to the store last weekend, because I have one close, and they said I basically need a new cd-rom drive... for 290 bucks! It''s warranted (wording?) for 90 days and they install it and everything, and that if you can get someone to install one for you there is no warranty so it''s tricky... I''m not sure what to do either, because it''s basically broken and I don''t have 300 bucks lying around.

Sorry for being a downer... hopefully your computer has a different problem and it can be easily fixed!

p.s. for the more technical terms the guy said the "arms" in the cd rom drive aren''t recognizing that there isn''t a cd in there, it thinks there is already one in there. He said it could be caused by me putting in something that isn''t supposed to be in there... Which I didn''t. Who knows what actually happened?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Do you have another computer? New-ish Macs can recognize and utilize the CD-drives of other computers (even PCs) and I believe you can download the software for older Macs to do the same thing.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again.So my mac is still on warranty ( I m happy about it) and apparently its an ongoing issue with Macs.So they have to replace the drive.Hope it won''t take too long.Thanks to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results