shape
carat
color
clarity

My Lovely Smoky :-)

T

talamasca

First stone thread - [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/smoky-quartz-has-arrived%E2%80%A6.159997/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/smoky-quartz-has-arrived%E2%80%A6.159997/[/URL]

After thinking about it for a bit, I decided that though I love the dark brown colour of the previous stone and it does match Logan's eyes very well, it was just a bit plain for me and after browsing I came across a pair of matching smoky quartz on Bespoke Gems and fell in love!

I contacted Doug who was absolutely fab and so helpful, plus he sent loads of pics of the finished stone and of it being cut and now I've got a gorgeous stone which matches the brindle colour of Logan's coat really well and I can't wait until it arrives!!!

I'm definitely going to get one of Sally at HOW's lush lotus rings cos I just love the design with a little tweak of some engraving to the band I think, but I've not decided on what colour gold. I really like rose gold, but having only ever worn silver/white gold I think I need to try rose gold on me to see if I like it or not.

Anyway, here are a few pics Doug took of my stone and a collage of them against Logan's coat.

The stone is a Six Ray Star Step cut - 9 x 9 x 7 mm (3.25 carats) :love:

393a_large.jpg

393b_large.jpg

393f_large.jpg

393g_large.jpg

T

talamasca

Gems on Logan:

Brindle with Gem.JPG

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how but I missed your previous smokey thread: what a great idea to get a gem to remind you of your pup!

I absolutely love the cut: it makes the gem really speak, and flash all sorts of colours. It'll look amazing in a lush lotus. I personally would go high-k yellow gold with it, to make it a warm cuddle of a ring :twirl: congratulations!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! And what a sweet idea to honor your fur-baby that way.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I also think it will look great in a Lotus ring. Such a sweet idea :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty stone . Love the color and cut!

T

talamasca

:appl: Yay my smoky's just arrived and it's sooooooo sparkly. Doug's pictures are very accurate.

I think natsplat's right in that it would look lovely in a buttery yellow, but I'm very drawn to the idea of 'rose' gold because of the project so not sure yet, but I need to save for the settting so I've plenty of time to mull it over.

I'll try taking some hand shots tonight, though I'm sure they'll be nowhere near as good as Doug's!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Are those the ones he's had up for a little bit? I kept going back to them -- love them! They'd look great in either rg or yg -- warmer than wg. I hope you're planning to share with Logan!

T

talamasca

JewelFreak|1312973250|2987825 said:
Are those the ones he's had up for a little bit? I kept going back to them -- love them! They'd look great in either rg or yg -- warmer than wg. I hope you're planning to share with Logan!

No this one was cut from another piece as I wanted a larger stone. This one also is a bit lighter. I love the matching pair on his site too and if I wasn't saving for the wedding I'd definitely get them for matching earrings!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone! Matches your puppy perfectly. I've been eyeing off the matching pair for ages, had never seen such lively brilliant smokey quartz before! I can't wait to see your finished ring... :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful stone. :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
When it's done, can you post a pic of your ring next to your puppy? Someone just posted a pic of their Ritani ering with their cat, and it was very cute.

T

talamasca

The ring won't be done for a bit cos I need to save for it, but I'll post pics as soon as it is.

As predicated, I tried taking some pics last night and this morning and none are as good as Dougs. I also tried taking some with Logan, but he would not stay still and when he did he looked like I was trying to torture him - he doesn't like it when I make him pose :roll: :lol: So I'll try again over the weekend and see if I can get a few good ones!

ETA: I still can't get over just how sparkly it is. Even in low lighting it picks up the light and flashes it right back at you :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results