shape
carat
color
clarity

My LIW dream last night (long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

adhesive

Shiny_Rock
Good morning!

I just thought I''d post this here since I had a rather disturbing dream last night and have been trying to figure out what it means. It turned out to be a crazy LIW dream.

Anyone want to hear about it?
OK!

Here''s the dream:
So FF, his BFF, and I were at the beach. It was getting dark and it was our first and last day there. He and his BFF had already been out on the beach for some time, but I (as usual) was taking a really long time to get ready. So I was in my apartment getting dressed, and FF and his BFF walk in and try to hurry me up because the tide is coming in and we can''t be out there much longer. So I finish getting ready and go out with them. But as we''re walking out there, I''m sort of ignoring/avoiding FF and talking more to his BFF (which is not like me). We are walking ahead of him and FF is lagging behind.
So we get out there and the water is up to our ankles and goes all the way back to the street - and is still rushing in. We see a couple of yellow and blue fish (cichlids, like the kind I have in my aquarium) and I point them out to my mom (who is also there now) , and I show my 4 year old niece (who is also there now) how the tide comes in at night.
And *POOF* - we''re then back at my apartment and it''s just FF and I, and he says "[Adhesive''s real name], this tooth is really starting to bother me." And I say "What tooth, what are you talking about?" And he says "This one" and shows me his left front tooth which is bloody and nasty and is halfway out. I''m shocked, and I say "Oh my gosh [Adhesive''s FF''s real name], how did you do that?" And he says "You pushed me. And I knocked my teeth on the concrete... on the way to the beach."
So I apologize profusely and start to panic and make him call the dentist. The dentist is closed because it''s the weekend, so he hangs up. He goes to touch his tooth and when he does, it flings out of his mouth, root and all, onto my lap. I freak out and pick it up and its bloody and bigger than I expected it to be and I just look at it and RUN to FF and hug him really really tight and say "I''m so sorry, I''m so sorry, I didn''t know I pushed you. I''m so sorry." over and over again.
Shortly thereafter, I wake up.

So I was looking up meanings of dreams, and I discovered the following:
"Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard."
from this website: http://www.dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdreams.pl?method=exact&header=dreamid&search=teethintro

FF is currently away on business and I have been trying to be super duper sweet to him when we talk because I know that we are going diamond shopping as soon as he gets home on Friday. I''ve been debating whether or not I should go shopping with him because, while I do try to control the whole engagement thing, I want HIM to be the one to do everything. I''ve been struggling because I want it SO BAD but there is absolutely nothing I can do to make it happen faster if I truly want it to be a surprise.
So if the tooth represents the engagement (or the element of surprise in the proposal) then it can be interpreted that I''m struggling with the fact that I need to "push" FF into doing everything and that the more I "push" him, the more control I''m trying to gain over the situation. FF initially has control (the tooth), but when I continue to "push" him, I slowly gain more and more control (tooth gets loose) without me even realizing that I''m doing it. When I realize that I''m doing it (that the tooth is loose) I attempt to "fix it" or reverse what I''ve done (calling the dentist) by trying to make sure that he knows EVERYTHING that he has to do in order to make it turn out "just right" without any further help from me. In doing so, I end up just trying to control it even more (calling the dentist), and making it worse (tooth falls completely out.) So then I have ALL of the power over the situation (tooth in lap) and FF is left just standing by, watching. But even though I have this control (tooth), I''m sorry about it (crying, hugging FF), because even though I didn''t think that losing SOME of the element of surprise in my proposal (tooth) was a "big deal," it actually is (tooth being bigger than I expected).

So I think I''m just afraid that, in trying to make everything perfect and expecting FF to do everything according to what I tell him, I''m ruining the beauty of tradition and surprise and, at the same time, I''m hurting FF, who desperately wants to be able to give that to me.

Wow, that turned out to be longer and less light-hearted than I expected it to be. Sorry about that. LIW moment..

ANYWAY, if anyone has an opinion about my dream, feel free to let me know. Also, I''d be very interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar LIW dream.

TIA,
Adhesive

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Interesting dream analysis! I think you should listen to your gut, which seems to be telling you that you are being a little to controlling over the situation. I have issues with this too. It''s hard to just "go with the flow", but it WILL be worth it in the end...

I have dreams like this once in a while. However I am a natural klutz and I''ve hurt SO many times (accidentily), so they may come from that. Who knows?
6.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Crazy. I love dreams that are hidden clues to chill out in real life.

Tooth dreams won''t happen unless you are stressed. Your interp. is spot on in my opp. Adhesive, thanks for sharing your dream... I'' think we''ve all had a dream like that when we are stressed... but your dream is telling you to be calm. HE NEVER NOTICED YOUR TOOTH WAS A PROBLEM UNTIL YOU POINTED IT OUT AND IT FELL OUT. CLUE... he may not know in real life how much you really want the ring.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:07:43 PM
Author: tlh

Adhesive, thanks for sharing your dream... I'' think we''ve all had a dream like that when we are stressed... but your dream is telling you to be calm. HE NEVER NOTICED YOUR TOOTH WAS A PROBLEM UNTIL YOU POINTED IT OUT AND IT FELL OUT. CLUE... he may not know in real life how much you really want the ring.
ditto

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results