shape
carat
color
clarity

My kitty is sick

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Blood test results are back and its 50/50.
Some levels have come down but the creatine and urea were so high to start with there hasn't been much change. I think it's too soon to tell.
He has eaten and drank more. I think he's just had a traumatic week so he has been very withdrawn and not himself. Vet wants to see him back in 2 weeks to check blood again.
Hopefully he'll settle down now he's home.
My fiancé says if the worst happens he won't be able to take him to the vets because he won't be able to leave him. sad :((
He had to take my old lady cat when I was away in Las Vegas in 2016. He couldn't tell me while I was away.

But we have to focus on the positives for now. 50/50 is better than the bad news now. He may still improve.
Fingers crossed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blood test results are back and its 50/50.
Some levels have come down but the creatine and urea were so high to start with there hasn't been much change. I think it's too soon to tell.
He has eaten and drank more. I think he's just had a traumatic week so he has been very withdrawn and not himself. Vet wants to see him back in 2 weeks to check blood again.
Hopefully he'll settle down now he's home.
My fiancé says if the worst happens he won't be able to take him to the vets because he won't be able to leave him. sad :((
He had to take my old lady cat when I was away in Las Vegas in 2016. He couldn't tell me while I was away.

But we have to focus on the positives for now. 50/50 is better than the bad news now. He may still improve.
Fingers crossed.

Keep positive! At least it didn't get worse and there was some improvement. That is good news.

(If worst comes to worst, you can always do a housecall so there is no stressful trip to the vet. Each time I have had to make that decision, it cost no more than going to the office. Just tossing this out there so you are aware of the option if you ever need it one day in the very distant future. Keep positive!)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers and toes crossed for you and your dear kitty! Thinking of you and sending positive, healing vibes x

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Send healing and well wishing dust to your sweet kittie Dandi!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We said goodbye this morning :cry2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! I am so sorry. Big hugs to you and your family.:cry2::cry2::cry2:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you. He wasn’t moving, eating or drinking and he ended up peeing where he was sitting.
It was such a hard decision. We could’ve tried more fluids but there was no guarantee we wouldn’t be in the same position in a few days to a week. My fiancé and I have both cried so much. I don’t think my son quite understands yet. :(2

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so so sorry you had to make that decision. He knows he was loved and will always be with you in your hearts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so deeply sorry. There are no words that will make it feel better but he was deeply loved and I'm sure he knows that.

Last edited:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. You gave him a good home and he knew he was loved. I hope your son will be okay.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry. That is never easy. Take care of yourself.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. :cry2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry :( no words are going to help, but know we are thinking of you and wishing for peace and healing

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:cry2:I’m so sorry you had to make the hardest and worst decision for your beloved puss but thank you for ending his pain and being strong enough to take the pain instead.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We said goodbye this morning :cry2:
console2.gif

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words. We will be looking to adopt more kitties when we are ready. :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I'm so so very sorry for your loss. It's the hardest decision to make, taking their pain away in spite of your own. Big hugs to you and your family x

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry! I was really rooting for him. Gentle hugs, sweet licks, and purring nudges from my furry crew to all of you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so very sorry @LJsapphire, I was really pulling for your sweet boy :cry2: My heart hurts for you, sending you and your family lots of love and comfort. (((Hugs)))

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Sending tons of hugs and prayers for your adorable kitty. So many cats suffer from kidney disease, hopefully his diet change and/ or meds will help.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sending tons of hugs and prayers for your adorable kitty. So many cats suffer from kidney disease, hopefully his diet change and/ or meds will help.

We had to make the decision to let him go last Wednesday. sad :(( When I posted it was just a sentence, so it was easy to miss.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LJsapphire, am so so sorry, just now stumbled across this thread. Goodness gracious, am so sorry for you all right now, hope time helps to heal the wound....sending tons of dust.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's strange not coming home to have him waiting at the door, to go upstairs and he's not laying in a ball on the landing, he's not there to drink the milk from my cereal in the morning. My partner said he cried today when he made dinner and he didn't have to cut bits off the chicken to leave for the cat. :cry2:

I've had cats in my house for nearly 15 years, it feels strange without him but I want to adopt 2 more so we can give them love and a nice home. I'm waiting for my fiancé to be ready. They were companions recently because df doesn't work so he and the cat were at home together all day. I work full time so even though he was my cat he loved his daddy more. He was always with him, and only occasionally came to my lap. A couple of weeks perhaps and we'll look for a rescue or 2. :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's strange not coming home to have him waiting at the door, to go upstairs and he's not laying in a ball on the landing, he's not there to drink the milk from my cereal in the morning. My partner said he cried today when he made dinner and he didn't have to cut bits off the chicken to leave for the cat. :cry2:

I've had cats in my house for nearly 15 years, it feels strange without him but I want to adopt 2 more so we can give them love and a nice home. I'm waiting for my fiancé to be ready. They were companions recently because df doesn't work so he and the cat were at home together all day. I work full time so even though he was my cat he loved his daddy more. He was always with him, and only occasionally came to my lap. A couple of weeks perhaps and we'll look for a rescue or 2. :love:

I can't imagine the emptiness without your kitty. All those little subtle adjustments we've all made in our daily routines for our fur babys. Then poof, you go through the grief--all over again--at each little reminder....egads, hang in there. I think a new member of the family would be great--when everyone is ready, of course. Sending dust your way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results