shape
carat
color
clarity

My journey to my 2.41ctw MMD studs (no pics yet)

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
Hello all! So as I wait in anticipation for my dream studs to be set and sent to me I thought I’d share my journey on finding the perfect pair. Which in the end I landed myself working with Jonathan from Distinctive Gems!

I had always wanted 2+ctw diamond studs and thought it would never happen due to the cost., so it was always just a dream. My friend introduced me to the world of MMD this past fall and my dream finally seemed attainable! I instantly signed back up for pricescope (I was here many many years ago when I got engaged) and started my research. I started searching on rarecarat.com but wasn’t ready to pull the trigger at first. I searched various sites like With Clarity, cleanOrigin, Distinctive Gems, James Allen, Lightbox and brilliant earth. Then around Christmas/Valentines day I began to see that prices on diamonds seemed to have gone up so I really committed to my search. I had landed on either GemsNY or Ritani due to the prices being lowest. I had considered LovBe but they didn’t have an option to build your own diamond earrings.

I ended up focusing my search on Ritani. I put together a spreadsheet to input the specs on the diamonds I liked within my price range. I’d think I’d find a pair but then one would sell and so I’d have to start all over again. I also wasn’t very happy with their pairing system so I didn’t use it that much. I was getting OVERWHELMED!!! I wasn’t confident my untrained eyes could find good performers and I kept missing out on ones I thought I’d like. So then I thought maybe I could lower my goal size and eventually upgrade and go with somewhere where I can trust the stones are vetted so I focused on James Allen. I talked to my husband about my thought and he said he’d rather I just find the ones I want and not upgrade later on but didn’t really upgrade the budget. It sucked!!! I was so frustrated!

I kept coming back to Distinctive Gems site, but I never reached out because I thought no way it would work cause my budget was quite low. I longed for super ideal cut diamonds but again I just didn’t know what I was doing. Then I saw MMTwo’s post about Jonathan at Distinctive Gems and figured what the heck there is no hurt in trying.

I contacted Jonathan using his chat feature on his site and to my surprise he responded within minutes! He didn’t laugh at me and he jumped right in! My experience with him has been nothing but amazing!!!! And in the end we found the perfect pair. When I get them in my hands I’ll post pictures and a full review of my experience with him. I don’t want my positive reviews of him to get lost here! But I’ll just say he made the process SOOOOO easy!!

Now I just wait until I get those bad boys in my hands!! I can’t wait!!!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear more! Love that you will be able to attain your dream of having 2+ carat diamond studs!

Skidiamond41

Shiny_Rock
Wow!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear more! Love that you will be able to attain your dream of having 2+ carat diamond studs!

Thank you! I can’t wait to see them too! I have a feeling though that I may need to wait until next Sunday to see them. My husband may commandeer them when they arrive to give to me for Mother’s Day. Maybe I will see if Jonathan can take a picture before he sends them out. I can then at least stare at them in a picture. I took some stills of them from the video he sent but it’s just not enough. The wait sucks!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results