shape
carat
color
clarity

My iPhone 7 Plus battery is suddenly draining quickly

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to slow battery drain?

I already turn off Bluetooth when I don’t need it and turn my screen light down.

thanks

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of 7’’s were recalled. Look into it.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Plug it into a power bank? If it's suddenly draining quickly, I'm afraid the battery is failing. For best battery life, try to keep lithium-battery-powered devices between 50% and 60% in charge.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look at settings for battery---battery health it will tell you what capacity your battery is at. I have been told once it gets to 80% or below you should really replace it. I have a 6S and it was draining really quickly. When I checked it's capacity it had hit 80%. I went and had the battery replaced at a local shop that services mobile devices ($50) and I haven't had any issues with it draining quickly since then. It was an easy fix. I dropped my phone off an picked it up about an hour or so later.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone.

Gee, I had no idea there was a battery health section of that I could change a battery. It’s at 83%. So yeah, getting down I guess. I think this is the oldest iPhone I ever owned. I got it right when the 7s came out.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a work phone 6S and it was terrible. Literally needed to be plugged in at all times lest it drop below 20%!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need a new phone!. think mine is a 7 too. I take our daughter's old phone when they decide to upgrade their Iphone.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I had a similar problem with my Iphone a few months ago, and I eventually figured out that when my phone did an automatic system update it activated Siri in ALL my apps! So basically Siri was on all the time waiting to hear for commands, using tons of battery power. Go to your apps and check each setting and make sure that Siri is not activated on anything you don't want.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a similar problem with my Iphone a few months ago, and I eventually figured out that when my phone did an automatic system update it activated Siri in ALL my apps! So basically Siri was on all the time waiting to hear for commands, using tons of battery power. Go to your apps and check each setting and make sure that Siri is not activated on anything you don't want.

A thousand times thank you. Yes, Siri has been turned on in all my apps!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg @whitewave! My battery is at 92%! I had no idea!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
@whitewave, so glad that I helped! :) It really frustrated me to no end for a few weeks and by some luck I checked all my settings and apps and there was my answer!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave, so glad that I helped! :) It really frustrated me to no end for a few weeks and by some luck I checked all my settings and apps and there was my answer!

I would have never figured it out!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, who knew you could check battery life!

I’m so glad I asked.

I’m so glad you asked! I’m going to Maryland tomorrow but I found a place near me to get it done...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope androids don't have a sneaky little Siri operating in the background

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my 7 when it was brand new and it just died in December...my battery was having issues as well, after my phone died I went to Verizon and they told me that a iphone can only do so many updates before they break....mine broke...I had to get a new one..I was not a happy camper, I now have a 11 and it took me forever to get use to..hopefully yours doenst break like mine

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my 7 when it was brand new and it just died in December...my battery was having issues as well, after my phone died I went to Verizon and they told me that a iphone can only do so many updates before they break....mine broke...I had to get a new one..I was not a happy camper, I now have a 11 and it took me forever to get use to..hopefully yours doenst break like mine

I never update lol, but did this last update. Sneaky Siri was it— phone is back to normal today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results