shape
carat
color
clarity

My invites have landed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
And I love them! (mostly)

My invites arrived today and they look great! The only thing I don''t completely love is the color of the paper/ink. I made some last minute changes and decided that there wasn''t time to get new samples sent...So the blue paper is lighter and more grey than I had expected. In the photos (to come!) it actually looks like what I was hoping for, but in reality, it isn''t quite that shade. Oh well! I am letting it go...They are still yummy! The texture and weight of the paper is fantastic and I am completely in love with the final design! And besides, FI says I am crazy and that he likes the color just fine.
20.gif

The designer and printer was Oblation Papers. They worked from a sketch I had made and came up with something much nicer! The only issue I had with them was that they do not have a "white" paper, only soft white, which is really a cream. And their non-handmade-envelopes are really more of an ivory. Thus, I decided to go with the lt. blue paper...

And I ordered the inner and outer envelopes from PaperSource. Their white still isn''t a true white, but it is better than Oblation''s. Plus, the paper and texture more closely matches the invites. I sent the envelopes to Oblation and they printed them for me with the return addresses, etc. (for a fee, of course)

None of this would have been possible without Dana at A Fine Line. This was a very long and complicated process because I didn''t really do enough research first, and she has put up with me for months. You *can* deal directly with Oblation, but since I had already paid her a deposit before we decided to switch to them so they could do the design, Dana ended up facilitating the whole thing. She did a great job getting me through this, though, and in reality, she probably made it easier for me than it would have been otherwise. I only wish that I could afford to have her do my calligraphy because she is awesome!

Now, some pics, starting with the cute boxes from Oblation...

invites in boxes ps.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the whole set together...(some info erased, of course)

bird invite set ps.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
a close-up of the invite itself...

bird invite ps.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am planning on lining the inner envelopes myself with a navy and white paper. Here''s a quick mock-up...

inner envelope with lining copy.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They came out SO great! I love ''em!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, FG!
1.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Of course now all the Pricescopers are going to be showing up at your wedding =)

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 7:19:56 PM
Author: rockzilla
Gorgeous! Of course now all the Pricescopers are going to be showing up at your wedding =)
LOL! Only if they are on the list at the entry gate.
2.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Very elegant!!!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh so cute ff!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much, AChiO and Mara!

Mara, I know you were around when I posted my first thread/poll with my "design."
20.gif
Just in case anyone else is interested, here''s what the designer had to start with...

Obviously, their version is a million times superior. LOL!

bird invitation my design.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

I LOVE them. They''re perfect.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them!!! I remember when you were coming up with the design, my how time flies!!!!! I think they look terrific!!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Fata, they are stunning. Really!! Sooo pretty!! (You should send them to Mrs. Bee @ Wedding Bee with the details and a review! She loves things like that!)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I remember when you asked for opinion on the original design. It turns out great. So sweet.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Your invites are beautiful!!! And I love the fact that you got to design them yourself - it really adds someting I think.

Asheville is only 2 hours from me and I have been to a wedding at Biltmore, it''s such a magnificent setting I''m sure your wedding and reception are going to be fantastic!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, FF!!! I LOVE letterpress, and I LOVE the bird motif....they are so charming! I would love to get an invite like this in the mail!!! Its very unique- great job!!!
1.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful!
I remember you discussing the bird theme before and your custom design,
great to see it ''come to life''

36.gif
36.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE THESE!!!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree, Qtiekiki, Dani, Labbielove, Liquiddazi: Thank you so much for the compliments! All I have wanted to do all day is show them to everyone I know, which would a) be tacky if I am not inviting them, and b) spoil the surprise for people who will get them in the mail in a few months. Fortunately, I have you guys! I am so lucky to have this place and you ladies to share things with!
9.gif

Kaleigh: LOL that you think time has flown! I feel like it has been an eternity since that thread!
20.gif

Amber: That is a good suggestion! Thanks! I think I might try to take some better pictures first, though, so that you can see the depth of the impression better...

Sarie_j: How neat that you have been to a wedding there! Do you know which venue it was held at?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
They''re beautiful!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
They are perfect! Love that blue, even if it is a little off. Which venue are you using at the Biltmore?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Anchor and FacetFire! FF, the blue has grown on me in the past day or two...

I decided to practice my photo skills today...Who knew that taking pictures of paper was nearly as hard as taking pictures of diamonds?!
2.gif

This blue is a little more true-to-life:

netsafebirdinvitepic6.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I love the lining paper!
30.gif

netsafebirdinvitepic7.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, I couldn''t leave ya''ll without some bling! (even if it isn''t the best shot of my ring
20.gif
)

I also love how you can see the depth of the printing in this one...

netsafebirdinvitepic4.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Fata, those are awesome!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Amber! The thing that kept going through my head when I was trying to get a good shot was: I don''t want to be embarrassed if they get posted on Weddingbee... LOL
25.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh wow FF~!!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif

great job! i actually like the lighter paper. i think it pops next to the dark navy envelope liner.

thanks so much for keeping us posted with this project. the outcome is just divine!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, Fata, they''ll probably be raved about- they''re lovely. Great pic skills, btw!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
SOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!!! I adore them!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results