shape
carat
color
clarity

My invitations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
My fiance and I designed this inspired by an invitation I saw in a magazine. For rehearsal dinner invitations, we are thinking about making it like a "mad lib" with handwritten humorous words already filled in. He wants to print it on that "coloring book" paper and tear one edge to make it look like it was torn out. I think it could turn out really cute so we will see.

Without further adieu...

Wedding_Invitation_Final!safe.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
And the reception card

Reception_Final!safe.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
The reply card

Reply_Card_Final!safe.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I like those a lot! I''m not an invite critiquer, but I love the design!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think they are LOVELY - what a pretty design. My only minor comment might be to see if you could go a couple of shades darker in the green, just so it would "pop" a little more against the background. But really they are gorgeous as-is
30.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 6:00:17 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I think they are LOVELY - what a pretty design. My only minor comment might be to see if you could go a couple of shades darker in the green, just so it would ''pop'' a little more against the background. But really they are gorgeous as-is
30.gif

photoshopped...

darkergreen.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
ERGGGG, I don''t know why the quality is so terrible when compressed!
38.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty! I like both, actually -- the lighter shade of green and the darker pop of color. I don''t think you could go wrong either way.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i LOVE them - as is. i really really love that the design isn''t exact on each item. it''s like a variation on a theme - and it''s still cohesive. that''s usually not easy to accomplish. great job!!!
36.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on what you are going for, the pale is stylish, subtle and soft. The dark is punchy, modern and fresh.

either way STUNNING.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
LOVE your reply card!
Green is fantastic in any variation.
lovely!

lucy love

Shiny_Rock
i love the invitation set and the sound of the rehearsal dinner invite is so cute!! please post pictures of it when you make it! =)

what i really love though, is the wording on the invitation. it''s so warm and beautiful!!!

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much! I really appreciate all of the responses. We were going for a soft, elegant yet fresh look. That is why we chose to make the text dark gray instead of black. My bridesmaid''s dresses are a light green, so I was trying to match that also.

iwannaprettyone - thanks for taking the time to photoshop it!

jcrow - that''s what i was going for, while i like things to work together, with three cards I think it would have looked really matchy matchy.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
They look fantastic, this is such a silly thing but I LOVE the font!!!!

Great choice, love them.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I also
30.gif
30.gif
them! My Mom had asked me if I wanted to include anything about God in the wording or anything like that and I had said no, but since we are having a religious ceremony and your invitations look so good I might change my mind!
6.gif
So confusing. Anyway, I love your font, color, etc. Beautiful!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful! and I like the green the way it is.

I also think it''s so nice that your FI is involved with the design.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 5:27:15 PM
Author: K&L
The reply card

it''s beautiful! i actually like the color that you have and don''t think you need to change it. i love the script font that you used. do you know what it is called?

K&L

Shiny_Rock
SarahLovesJS - The wording is actually from my fiance''s parent''s wedding invitation. They have it framed in their house, and I really liked the wording also! And I was glad I was able to honor them by using it. (The only deviation was that their invitation didn''t include the groom''s parent''s names; but they weren''t so happy when my fiance mentioned that their name wouldn''t be on the invitation.)

ringster & karasue - I love the font too! I was really excited to find it! It is called "Feel Script." I loved the way you can choose different looks for each letter. It is available at: http://www.veer.com/products/typedetail.aspx?image=UMT0000300

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results