shape
carat
color
clarity

My introduction... do I make the cut? :-)

ndc923

Rough_Rock
I'd love to be added to the list if that's ok! I found the forum a few weeks ago and love it! I'm so glad to see so many women that I can relate to and love reading everybody's experiences ( particularly the "I'm Engaged...take me off the list!!!" posts).

Now for me. I've been with my boyfriend for just over four years now, and we've been living together for a year. I've actually known him for much longer, as he was close with my older cousins and I frequently saw him at family events ( his family mainly lives overseas) and on holidays, but with a 7 year age difference I never gave it more than a hi and bye. We saw each other again at my cousin's birthday party over four years ago and it all played out from there. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Rascal Flatts song "God Blessed the Broken Road" but the lyrics to that song are my story word my feelings toward him and our relationship better than I can ever do, and I hope for it to be our wedding some when the time comes. I've had my fair share of bad relationships, the one before him especially.The relationship caused me to lose all faith and hope in men and caused me to strongly dance around the idea of not wanting to get married and make that commitment to somebody. My boyfriend has more than restored that, I have never met such a warm,loving, caring man in my entire life. The anxiety to marry him comes only from knowing what an excellent husband, and one day, father he will be. We have in recent months started talking about rings ( which led me to find this website ) and have looked, and discussed my preferences, but I trust he knows what he's doing ( I know he gets easily overwhelmed, and is very nervous about doing everything "perfectly", which is the main reason I tried to make it a little easier for him). I can't wait until the day comes, but until then... I am just a LIW :)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Herro! Welcome!!!

He sounds like an absolute prince charming! What types of rings do you like? Maybe you can create a little guideline for him. I've suggested this to multiple LIWs since yes, it does get very overwhelming for the guy!

And what about you? Tell us about yourself :))

ndc923

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome! He definitely is my prince charming! I have given him an idea of what I like and showed him some pictures on BN. I've always had my heart set on a Princess cut, but since I started looking around and seeing everyone's beautiful rings on here I have fell in love with the elegance a round stone , 1.5-2ct would be ideal for the way I envision it looking on my finger but I'm very adamant with him about not going over the budget he has set for himself (don't know what that is). I also seem to be stuck between a solitaire and a pave setting ... still trying to make up my mind for sure to keep him from worrying about which one will be the right one, even though I trust his judgment and know I'll be happy with either from him.

He's very hesitant to purchase online, although I feel personally that's the best route for him to go as I'm afraid he will get taken advantage of going to a jeweler ( not to badmouth jewelers, I just know he is very unsure of himself with regard to diamonds, and will be nervous and I don't want him to be convinced that the top grade of all the Cs is necessary to have a beautiful stone and end up way out of budget). I guess I'll just have to wait and see! lol

ndc923

Rough_Rock
Forgot about me! I'm 27 years old currently going to school (almost done, fingers crossed) to be a court reporter. It's very exciting and stressful! I currently work as an esthetician as well as make up artist. I love animals, fitness, and cooking (lucky for him!) and anything that makes me laugh (it's the best medicine!)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! May your stay be short and sweet! :wavey:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! It really is nice to have a group of girls in similar situations to hang out with hehe. May your stay be short and sweet!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome ndc! Glad to have you here!!

:wavey:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to have you! :wavey:

ndc923

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the welcomes!!!! My name's Nichole by the way ( just realized I never said that) glad to be here!!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
welcome! :wavey: Come join in on the updates thread. it's kinda a free for all.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! It sounds like you guys are in a good place. I hope your LIW stay is short.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results