shape
carat
color
clarity

My Inspiration Boards

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
So I just spent some time getting my general look and feel together in the form of inspiration boards. It proved to be a very useful exercise, I feel much more solid in my thinking about what the day will look/feel like.

This first one is for the venue and I would love some feedback/opinions about how the elements go together, etc. Also, I''m worried it might be a little too bland, I feel like I''ve made very safe choices, and would love ideas on how to ''jazz'' up the space a bit more.

venueboard.jpg

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
No, you are not at all being too safe or bland! This is a STUNNING inspiration board, even without wild color or design. I think it''s classic and lovely!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The only thing I don''t like is the black napkins standing up in the wine glasses. They are far to bold for your color scheme. Everything else looks very sweet, soft and pure...the black, in my opinion, is coming out of nowhere. You''d be better off with a cream.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful. I love that its soft and feminine.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to post this part so late, for whatever reason PS wouldn''t let me post the pic earlier.

This one is for my dress. The middle drawing is the 1950''s inspiration picture my custom dress is designed from. The b&w pics on the side illustrate the gracefully femininity I am wanting to exude on my wedding day.

Please let me know if you like the tiara/hairstyle combo with the dress. I am not feeling sure about either element. Do you think either of them go well with the dress and 1950''s/60''s sensibility?

Thanks so much for the input, it is so nice to have this wonderful group of ladies to turn to with questions!

db24153.jpg

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:41:31 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
The only thing I don''t like is the black napkins standing up in the wine glasses. They are far to bold for your color scheme. Everything else looks very sweet, soft and pure...the black, in my opinion, is coming out of nowhere. You''d be better off with a cream.

Thanks for the insight Italian. I put them in there because I thought it was dramatic and since the bridesmaids will be wearing black, but it really does look out of place. We are pretty much having ivory everything else, I should probably just stick with it!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
The only thing I don''t like is the black napkins standing up in the wine glasses.

Ditto, but as for the rest, I think it is a gorgeous inspiration board, not too safe at all. Gorgeous.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Winslet and Freke, thanks for the kind words! It''s great to have some adjectives to describe the feel: soft, feminine, & classic - I love it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your inspiration board inspired me to find your venue thread, and all I can say is -- WOW! What a beautiful setting!

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your venue looks gorgeous! I love your inspiration board and can''t wait to see your real wedding pictures.
1.gif

The predominant color that comes through in the picture of your venue seems to be a pretty shade of green. If you wanted to add another accent color that''s a nice option.
Your dress design is really pretty, too. A tiara will look great with that style. Have you tried on the one you posted? It definitely takes trying them on to know what looks best.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Tropi, are you getting married in the Chicago Cultural Center?? That Tiffany ceiling is so distinctive, I had to ask.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 11:52:33 PM
Author: mscushion

The only thing I don't like is the black napkins standing up in the wine glasses.

Ditto, but as for the rest, I think it is a gorgeous inspiration board, not too safe at all. Gorgeous.

Ditto to all of the above, I would not use the words boring or safe at all rather I would use elegant, classic, fresh and beautiful - everything looks fantastic. The room you have is just WOW.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 12:04:08 AM
Author: VRBeauty
Your inspiration board inspired me to find your venue thread, and all I can say is -- WOW! What a beautiful setting!

Thanks so much Beauty! Here''s the link in case anyone else is interested: venue thread

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 12:20:28 AM
Author: lovesparklies
Wow, your venue looks gorgeous! I love your inspiration board and can''t wait to see your real wedding pictures.
1.gif

The predominant color that comes through in the picture of your venue seems to be a pretty shade of green. If you wanted to add another accent color that''s a nice option.

Your dress design is really pretty, too. A tiara will look great with that style. Have you tried on the one you posted? It definitely takes trying them on to know what looks best.

You are right about the green, that really does come through as a major color doesn''t it? And actually we have green chairs, well the seats anyway, that match the venue. It might be a nice accent color, maybe I''ll use dark green ink for the place cards....or add more greenery to the arrangements. Thanks for seeing that sparklies!

I have not tried on that tiara, but I have found that height and level of embellishment to be flattering. I just found a great wholesale website that I plan to order through. Once I get it I''ll post some pics and get more feedback.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 1:20:21 AM
Author: lliang_chi
Tropi, are you getting married in the Chicago Cultural Center?? That Tiffany ceiling is so distinctive, I had to ask.
Yep, you hit it on the nose, Lliang! If I remember correctly you are from Chicago, right? Do you have any advice on where in Millenium park I can take pics that don''t look like pics from Millenium Park
2.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think you are very much on the right track here! I agree with Italia on the black napkins but it seems that you''ve already settled on changing those to ivory.

Maybe to add a little more color to your tables (since it seems that you''ll have ivory linens all around) you could add a very subtle green table runner in a color that coordinates with the chairs and the walls. Maybe that might be too much green in person but on paper it sounds nice to me!

If you don''t want to add a table runner than I think adding some neat greenery or those greenish raninculus to your centerpieces would punch up the colors a little.

I LOOOOOVE your venue too! Totally stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results