shape
carat
color
clarity

My Initial Proposal Plan(s)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Now that I''ve bought the ring (I''m still waiting for the setting to come in), I''m turning my attention to a proposal plan. I''ve narrowed it down to two options.

The first option is to propose to her the weekend of her birthday (early Feb). Her family lives near Ventura, CA and we''ll likely plan on heading up there on that Sunday to celebrate with her family. I was considering making a reservation at a nice hotel/resort for Saturday (Friday will most likely be spent celebrating her bday with her friends in Los Angeles, hence the Sat stay only) and proposing at some point on Saturday. Then I would tell her I made a dinner reservation to celebrate our engagement (hopefully!). I was considering inviting her family, my parents, and maybe a few close friends to to join us at that dinner, but I''d keep my gf in the dark on that (she wouldn''t be expecting to see anybody until Sunday). Although I wouldn''t come right out and tell our parents and friends that I was going to propose that weekend, I''m sure they''ll figure it out.

The second option is to propose to her during our planned trip up the coast of California. We''ve already chosen a weekend in mid March and we''re going to drive up the coast highway and stay in Carmel, CA. What I haven''t told her is that I''ve already made us reservations at a really nice inn in Carmel called the Tickle Pink Inn (http://ticklepinkinn.com/index.htm). Our room has a private patio overlooking the Pacific Ocean and a fireplace. She''s been wanting to go horseback riding, so I''m planning on making us a reservation to do that while we''re there. I could propose at some point during the ride (when we''re not on the horses of course!) or I was thinking about proposing when we''re taking in the view from our patio. The biggest concern with this option is the chance of rain in March is pretty high in Carmel, so the weather may not cooperate.

Anyway, I''m curious to here your thoughts, concerns, ideas, etc. Thanks.

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I think it really depends on the type of person she is. I''d prefer the second choice, because I wouldn''t want my birthday and my engagement to be overshadowing each other. I''d want a new day all it''s own to remember as the day I got engaged. Also, I love the idea of doing it during a break in the horseback riding. It just sounds SO romantic! And I''m the type who''d want to keep it between me and my significant other for a little while. But, if she''s the type who''d want her family around...then maybe the first option is better...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
personally i''d like option B. it''s more intimate. plus i''d rather tell people i got engaged with that scenario than the first one.

i am not sure i''d propose on her birthday. plus with all the family and all. i don''t know. plus, it seems that there is so much going on that weekend. but- u know her better.

good luck and congrats!!

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Hi esguy,

Congrats on the upcoming engagement. To me option 2 seems more romatic. I love horse back riding and would love to be proposed to like that. Even if your concern is the weather, rain is not all that bad. It might make it more romantic like in the movies or something. It will be a great engagement story for both of you to tell. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results