shape
carat
color
clarity

my idea ... may need some tweaks ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AvusM5

Rough_Rock

My girlfriend LOVES, I mean LOOVVESSS, orchids. About 6 months ago, my mom gave me this fake red rose that is actually a ring holder (sort of like a ring box, but the ring goes in the actual rose bud). My girlfriend likes roses as well, but not nearing as much as orchids.

Having said that, here''s my plan:

1) I''m going to tell her that I''m going out of of town for business and won''t be back for a week - though I won''t be going anywhere. I have told my director and he is OK for me to take a few days off and not come to work, WITH PAY! I''m going to call her work and request the same, hopefully they will oblige.

2) I have a key to her place, so I''m going to cover the entire living room/dining room/hallway with orchids all over the ground.

3) On the ceiling, I plan to hang 11 real, long stem roses by a thread. The final rose is going to be the fake red rose my mom gave me with her ring in it.

4) I''m going to have to be EXTRA quiet while doing this as to not wake her, but I plan to do it VERY early in the morning, 4 or 5 a.m.

5) Leave the house and call her and say, "I told myself when I find my true love, I''ll give her 12 roses, 11 real and 1 fake, and tell her '' I''ll love you til the last one dies ..."

6) She''ll be completely lost.

7) She''ll eventually get up, see everything, probably call me and then i''ll show up.

I hope it goes as planned ... though I need some tweaks here and there to make it work perfectly.

THOUGHTS?????

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweet idea!!!!!!

AvusM5

Rough_Rock
Thanks.

The part I am thinking about tweaking is the end.

I think I should keep the fake rose in my back pocket and tell her, "make sure you find all 12 roses; if you can''t find all twelve, call me". Then, I''ll ring the doorbell and drop to one knee.

I think I''m good up until the part where I''m hanging the roses, not sure how I should do the last part of the plan. Either hang all twelve and keep the idea (though she might not get the last one is a ring holder) or keep the fake one with the ring and tell her to find all twelve or call me if she can''t.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Very sweet. I just wanted to warn you. I personally know someone who wanted to surprise his GF with dinner and flowers and was in her apartment when she came home unexpected. She freaked, ran out, and called the police. It took him about 4 hours to convince them to not press charges. So, just don''t scare her to death. Maybe decorating when you know for sure you will not startle her (like when she is at work) would be better.

I am sure it will work out great however you plan it because you seem very committed to making it a very special experience.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
hmm, sweet idea but the whole her being asleep inside is kind of risky. Would you be ok if she met you in the living room and asked you what possessed you to show up at 4 am? Maybe change the time of day and get a friend to take her out.

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god that is SOO sweet i almost got teary!! If you can pull it off then definitely go for it!!

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
That is sweet you put so much effort - but just playing devil''s advocate here - are you sure she won''t wake up?

Is she a light sleeper? Because I am, and I would wake up for sure if I heard somebody coming into my place...

Just want you to make sure that you have a backup plan...

I agree with somebody who said perhaps you could do it when she''s not home....???

I''d hate for things to not go as planned and you put all that energy and heart into it...

Good luck! and let us know what happens when you do it!

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
by the way - I love orchids too.
1.gif

AvusM5

Rough_Rock
Thankfully, she is a heavy sleeper. Also, she lives with her two brothers, so it makes things easier since they come and go early in the mornings anyway ... so God forbid she wakes up, she''ll think it''s them and pass out again ...

I have made some tweaks to my original plan, though ...

Carrots

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 8:40:37 AM
Author:AvusM5

I''m going to cover the entire living room/dining room/hallway with orchids all over the ground.

I love orchids. But, how do you plan to cover the ground in orchids? Like petals or potted or buds of phalaenopsis?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results