shape
carat
color
clarity

My Idea...Comments Welcom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bostonlawstudent

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I am back again, but this time on a different board. Sorry, I tend to be verbose..I hope I can keep your attention
1.gif
As you may or may not have read, I bought the diamond (as you will see in my other posts) and I am now having a beautiful setting made so everything seems to be going well on that front.

I was very nervous about my proposal idea because of several factors. Here are the facts: I am a law student so on Friday, May 9, I will be finishing my last exam for the school year (YAY!). Unfortunately, I am in the exam until 7:30 p.m. That day is ALSO her birthday. The next morning, at 8 A.M., we are leaving for Florida on vacation for a week (YAY again...).

She figures that because I have the exam, we will be celebrating her birthday over a nice dinner in Florida. I think it would be fun to propose to her right after the exam as a celebration. (Look honey the first thing I want..is for you to be my wife...).

She doesn''t know this yet, but I am thinking of booking a suite at a nice hotel right at the airport. I could tell her to have her bags packed because I want to get a late dinner out after the exam and go right to bed to sleep (he he). Then a limousine shows up at the house...for a little fairy tale. Uninstructed, the cheauffer takes us to our alma mater (about 5 miles from our house), where we met. At Tufts, there is a beautiful vista on the roof of the library where we used to daydream for hours. It overlooks Boston. I do my sappy speech and pop the Q. The cheauffer will be there for after pics, and we walk around, enjoy the view of Boston and revel in being engaged then go on our merry way to the hotel sipping red wine (she hates champagne) and eating chocolate covered strawberries on the way. Plus we roll out of bed the next day, and get on our a flight for our first vacation as an engaged couple.

Well I am open suggestions or comments. I would then do a surprise for her birthday during the week while on vacation. She has already stated that she would rather celebrate her b-day while on vacation. I was originally going to propose down there, but I realized it was a logistical nightmare. Plus, she knows a ring is coming and most likely expects it while on vacation.

I would love to hear your comments.

Cheers,
Jay

P.S. I am also writing her a mini-romance book. Its has us as the main characters. Any ideas for presentation would be wonderful.

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Sounds like a great plan, Jay. I think the order of things pans out well. One thought (and I know this from my own law exams) - will you be able to shake it off if you get a stinker of a paper once you leave the exam room and go to propose? The plan is really excellent - ties in with your (joint) past, your current plans (and holiday) and your future together. If the bad exam scenario won't be a problem, it sounds flawless to me. Good work and good luck!

bostonlawstudent

Rough_Rock
Great Point Sky,
I guess I just need to study extra hard for Evidence to ensure that I don't run into that problem
1.gif
It will be an excellent excercise in shifting gears quickly.

Thanks for the comment!

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Ahhh, Evidence. Fond memories...
read.gif
read.gif
read.gif

I wouldn't let the exam stop me if I were you, but people react differently to them. Sounds like you're sorted - go for it!

djohn

Rough_Rock
confused.gif
Does anyone know how much a Ruby cost in 930 BC?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Boston,

I think there is an attemped hijacker here. However, I think it sounds great. I love the "the first thing I want to do is make you my wife" or whatever it was. It brought me a big "awwwww."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results