shape
carat
color
clarity

My husband doesn''t believe that I am satisfied!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and my husband asked me, "So, did you pick out some new jewelry for your birthday?" I told him, "Nope, there isn''t anything that I want right now - since I got my new eternity band, I''m satisfied."

Upon hearing this, first a look of shock passed his face, then he burst out into hysterical laughter - he said,"Satisfied?!?!?!? Honey, I never thought I''d see the day when you said that you had enough jewelry!" followed by more hysterical laughter.

I corrected him by telling him that it''s not that I never want any more jewelry, it''s just that the things that I want are bigger gifts that we can save for big milestone gifts - like a ceylon sapphire, or a 3-stone EC diamond ring. I told him that we have to save some things for me to look forward to for our 5th, 10th, and 20th anniversaries - I still think he doesn''t believe me
emwink.gif
If he does insist on getting me some jewelry, I''m sure that I could find a modest sterling silver John Hardy piece ...
emteeth.gif

Which brings me to the question - have you guys ever gotten to the point where you''re not planning your next project or upgrade? I am there right now - there''s no project that I''m planning for the immediate future. I guess my new eternity band just hit the spot ... how about you guys?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I still have many small projects cooking in my brain. I love your DH''s reaction. I can only imagine the laugh my DH would have if I said I was jewelry satisfied at this point.
It''s really great that you are in this place right now. It''s very sweet that your husband asked.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maybe once I get my ering and eternity band back, I will feel quite content. Right now, I''m still stewing up new projects but have indecisions since I don''t have either or my rings back yet. I have mentioned to DH that once I"m done with jewelry... its pretty much done. He also laughed, however he has yet to prove me wrong. Like one year or two, I went on a crazy purse shopping spree, the year before that was shoe shopping spree, but once I said no more, I did not have any more urges to buy a pair of shoes or purse. Now its onto jewelry.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Vesper..this is my B-day weekend (yes we celebrate it all weekend!
31.gif
)..and hubby wondered what kind of jewelry I wanted. I said "none"! He just about passed out!! I am totally satisified with all the bling I now own, and have no need for anything else. So...I guess I will enjoy the platinum colored vehicle he is buying me instead!!
30.gif
. I am happy to say, I have no urges to buy anymore diamond jewelry, however, like you mentioned a great sterling piece (bangle perhaps) would be great with the summer tan! I'm sure he'll surprise me with a little something extra!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am satisfied too, nothing that I want right now..
5.gif
I don''t have any long term goals either. Our 25th wedding anniversary is in 2 years, but would rather celebrate it with a trip than a piece of jewelry. I am happy seeing all the fabulous pieces on here...

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 4:09:20 PM
Author:vespergirl
My birthday is coming up in a few weeks, and my husband asked me, ''So, did you pick out some new jewelry for your birthday?'' I told him, ''Nope, there isn''t anything that I want right now - since I got my new eternity band, I''m satisfied.''

Upon hearing this, first a look of shock passed his face, then he burst out into hysterical laughter - he said,''Satisfied?!?!?!? Honey, I never thought I''d see the day when you said that you had enough jewelry!'' followed by more hysterical laughter.

I corrected him by telling him that it''s not that I never want any more jewelry, it''s just that the things that I want are bigger gifts that we can save for big milestone gifts - like a ceylon sapphire, or a 3-stone EC diamond ring. I told him that we have to save some things for me to look forward to for our 5th, 10th, and 20th anniversaries - I still think he doesn''t believe me
emwink.gif
If he does insist on getting me some jewelry, I''m sure that I could find a modest sterling silver John Hardy piece ...
emteeth.gif

Which brings me to the question - have you guys ever gotten to the point where you''re not planning your next project or upgrade? I am there right now - there''s no project that I''m planning for the immediate future. I guess my new eternity band just hit the spot ... how about you guys?
I suspect that less than half of my pieces were "planned" in the sense that I always wanted something like it, or I had a void that had to be filled. Instead, most of mine have sprung up like weeds, occuring when I see something that steals my heart and I have a need for them to be appreciated or set in something befitting their unique personality.

I think I need an intervention!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully after I pick up my latest project today (OEC and OMC pendant
11.gif
), I''ll be done for a while.

I say that with the best of intentions, knowing I''ll probably find something I want within the next few months.
3.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's been a few years since I've wanted anything new. After purchasing my solitaire pendant, I found myself happy with what I have!

Lately, I've been thinking of bezel setting a smaller pair of studs I have. That's the only project I *may* have in the works. It probably won't even happen this year. No rush for me. (There are other things I'd rather spend $ on, like home decor. Also, putting money into savings is a bigger priority.)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m happy for you Vespergirl! Isn''t it a marvelous feeling! I go long periods feeling satisfied and then something will grab me & not let me loose (color me *there* now ... in the yearning category). But I think its awesome you''re enjoying your new eternity ring so much that its quenched your bling lust for the time being ... its such a classic, special, total yummo piece it certainly warrants that kind of cherishing.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t bought anything in a long time. My DH is always open to me exploring my hobby...and encourages me to get whatever will make me happy...but since finding PS, I haven''t wanted anything. I don''t care for colored stones much, only diamonds...so my purchases have to be big ones, or not at all. I''ve bounced around the idea of a new wedding setting...but I''m always gun shy when it comes to pulling the trigger.

Right now, there is nothing I want bad enough to buy.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I am never satisfied. I thought that I would be after the ering that I could not wait to have. I even told him that I wouldnt ask for anything else. Since then I have gotten an alexandrite and a new wedding band. I am currently waiting for a price quote for a custom bracelet from Wink. I should get the price Monday. I guess that will decide how long until I actually get it. I cant wait for it though. It is like a tennis bracelet with alternating blue topaz(my birthstone) and aquamarine(his birthstone). So I am always wanting some kind of jewelery.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
i can honestly say i am never satisified but i can hold back....there is never a moment in my life when i dont want a new piece of jewelry
4.gif
...if i had an unlimited budget i would be buying and planning on the regular...but unfortunatley on a limited budget (with 2 babies) so i manage to hold myself back
8.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
when i first saw the title of this thread.
innocentwhistle.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 7:35:29 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
when i first saw the title of this thread.
innocentwhistle.gif
hahaha..me2!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
How many of us came to this thread because of the title??? Admit it, you were wondering if she was talking dirty, weren''t you??
9.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
vespergirl, I can see why your beautiful eternity ring has satisfied your craving for bling. It''s bllingalicious!

I am hoping I''ll be satisfied after three projects. One is currently underway - resetting my OEC. The second is a milgrain bezel eternity ring which will happen hopefully in three months'' time, and the last is getting a .30ct rbc set in a bezel pendant. After that, I will be finished! Well, we''ll see how long that lasts
2.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I guess I''m satisfied in the major diamond category - my focus is mostly on colored gemstones now (well okay, with diamond accents
2.gif
). I''d like to think I would be content if I couldn''t do any more projects, but the fact is, I really enjoy it. For me, it''s not just about acquiring new jewelry. I enjoy the hunt for new gemstones and finding a setting to match - I like all the research involved, and the stuff I learn from the experts along the way, and of course, the thrill of finding a bargain!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results