shape
carat
color
clarity

My Hermes Collection/Obsession

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
I have two very expensive habits -- jewelry and handbags. I adore Hermes. The craftsmanship and leather is incredible. Over the years I have bought purses at the store and through ebay. I have been very lucky and all of my ebay purchases have turned out to be authentic.

I decided to do a photo shoot of my bags. There are going to be alot of pics.

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Oops the picture didn''t load. I''ll try again.

Hermes.1.jpg

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your collection rocks!! How long have you been collecting?

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Here are some close ups of my faves. A vibrato Picotin I got for Mother''s Day.
3.gif

Hermes.5.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
The crown jewel of my collection--a matte crocodile LA bag.

Hermes.6.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
A vibrato Evelyne bag. I bought this shortly after my Mom passed away. Red was her favorite color. I think of my Mom every time I wear the bag.

Hermes.7.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, what an amazing collection. I love all of them!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
A Kelly Ado in Ostrich. It''s great for partys. It leaves my hands free.

Hermes.8.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my every day bag--35 cm Kelly.

Hermes.9.jpg

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Last, but not least is my newest bag. A 32 cm Kelly in Pumpkin (Potiron).

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Oops, the last picture didn''t load.

BTW, I have been collecting Hermes for close to 25 years, but it''s only been in the last 10 years that I have been able to afford the bags.

Also, my everyday Kelly is 3 years old and has been used a great deal. It still looks in mint condition.

Hermes.10.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Claudia,
Any tips that you can pass along for buying on ebay??

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My goodness you have an incredible collection of Hermes bags!!! Thanks for sharing.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2006 10:11:26 PM
Author: crafftygrrl
A vibrato Evelyne bag. I bought this shortly after my Mom passed away. Red was her favorite color. I think of my Mom every time I wear the bag.
How sweet. You have a lovely collection.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, what a great collection of handbags. I love them.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Kelly heaven!!! Yes WE NEED TIPS !
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Craftygirl, your bags are absolutely divine! What a beautiful collection you have! I love that you have such an assortment of colors, shapes, and sizes! And the sentimental value adds so much to the beauty of your collection. Thanks for sharing!
emteeth.gif

glitterkitty

Shiny_Rock
Wow craftygirl, they are amazing! Fabulous collection

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s some fine collection you got there CG

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Top Ten Ebay Tips:

1. Don''t buy from someone with private feedback.
2. Learn the authenticity markings on real bags. The stamps vary in placement on different bags.The stitching is hand done. It does not look machine made. The finishing is impeccable.
3. Learn about Hernes leathers. Togo/ostrich/crocodile are the most frequently copied leathers. Box, Fjord, Chevre du Coromandel have very distict markings and are more difficult to copy.
4. Learn How Hermes packages their bags. The tissue paper in which they pack the bags and how they package the bages are unique. The box is heavy cardboard and the paper is embossed with a grain like Epsom leather.
5. If possible buy it with a credit card. That way you have leverage if the transaction goes awry.
6. Go to manufacturers of fine reproductions (Birkins and Kellys) websites. They even supply the box, tissue, ribbon and "Hermes receipt."
7. Never buy a Birkin that has a reserve less than $5,000. Why would someone sell it for less? Birkins start at about $6,500, Kellys $5,000; I looked at a lovely mid sized Blue Jean Bolide last week and it was $4,750. The $1,300 Birkin, is the $1,100 fake with a $200 mark up.
8. Buy from someone who is a real reseller of high end merchandise. I have dealt with several. I have also researched others whom I would deal with comfortably. PM me if you are interested.
9. Real merchandisers give clear, close up shots of the authenticity markings, hardware engraving and the bag as a whole and details.
10. Trust your gut instinct, if its too good to be true, it probably is. Check the feedback too. Run a Google search on the seller.

I hope this is helpful.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/15/2006 3:40:15 PM
Here''s a perfect example of a fake Hermes Birkin auction. That auction is about as real as a Vegas showgirl''s b**bs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-BIRKIN-35cm-BAG-BLUE-JEAN-RETAILS-15-000_W0QQitemZ6840118704QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
wow, that is amazing that someone is getting away with that. So, are the pictures real, then they send a fake? I have looked at other ebay auctions for handbags and it is really scary - how the heck do you know?

Who pays $40,000 for a purse off ebay?

Beth

Shiny_Rock
Love Love Love Hermes and your collection rocks !

Are you a member of any of the authentic designer purse boards? ie ALVA OALV and the "secret Hermes society" lol ?

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/16/2006 3:41:45 PM
Author: Ann
Date: 1/15/2006 3:40:15 PM

Here''s a perfect example of a fake Hermes Birkin auction. That auction is about as real as a Vegas showgirl''s b**bs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERMES-BIRKIN-35cm-BAG-BLUE-JEAN-RETAILS-15-000_W0QQitemZ6840118704QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wow, that is amazing that someone is getting away with that. So, are the pictures real, then they send a fake? I have looked at other ebay auctions for handbags and it is really scary - how the heck do you know?

Who pays $40,000 for a purse off ebay?

Ann,
It is amazing what people get away with. I think it should be fraud and the Federal Trade Commission should look into this.

BTW, if you purchase on ebay, try to have the seller send the bag through the U.S. Mail. That way, if the bag turns out to be fake, you can threaten to get the U.S. Postal Service involved (Postal Fraud) as a leverage tool to get your money back.

I believe the bag is fake and here is why:
1. The bag doesn''t sit right for Togo. Togo is somewhat stiffer.
2, Engraving on the hardware is way too coarse.
3. The engraving on Palladium hardware should read Hermes Paris only This hardware has the small square engraving to the right of Hermes Paris that is only only used on GOLD hardware.
4. The stitching is too large and looks like it has been sewn by machine.
5. The bag is lined in suede. Real bags are lined in Chevre (gaoatskin)
6. The bag looks wrinkly, even on the bottom. That doesn''t happen in real bags.

I wouldn''t touch that bag with a 50-foot pole.

Check the other auction to see what a real one looks like.

Beth,

No I haven''t been to those boards. I have read the Robb Report ones extensively. I will check them out. Thanks!
2.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection...I like the matte croc. LA bag! Its gorgeous.

Have you bought any on ebay or have you just been put on waiting lists. Someone told me they screen people before they put you on a list, is that true? I''d think the price would be enough of a screening.

I''d love to get a kelly bag one day....but right now that''s just a dream!
1.gif
Enjoy your bags!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! The collection is fabulous!

I think my favorite is the crocodile one, the "crown jewel." I love how the straps on that one are big enough for you to put it over your shoulder. It will NEVER go out of style.

I love the bad you got for Mother''s Day too. You must have a great family!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results