shape
carat
color
clarity

MY GOG/VATCHE IS IN!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trottier80

Rough_Rock
Well here it is. After months of lurking and getting educated by you all and this fabulous website, also got a give credit to GOG''s website. 3 weeks ago I decided it was time to get serious and build an engagement ring. I was torn between GOG and Whiteflash. Either way i figured I could n''t go wrong. Since I live in Albany, NY I decided on GOG so I could have the peace of mind to see the diamond in person. I put a hold on this diamond www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2803
and then went down on saturday (3 hour drive down and 3 back...had to lie to the girlfriend and said i was working...i don''t normally lie but this was for a good cause right). When I got there I was happy to see that GOG was a nice looking store. Met Tim and he showed me the stone. I loved it!!! It had the sparkle factor for sure. here are the specs:

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 0.75ct
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
est AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.53%
Culet: None
Lab Report: GIA
Lab Report #: 15447178
In House: Yes
Width: 5.84mm
Length: 5.86mm
Depth: 3.62mm
Table Percentage: 54.12%
Depth Percentage: 61.93%
Crown Ú: 34.31‹
Crown Depth: 15.57%
Pavilion Ú: 40.92‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.21%
Upper Girdle Ú: 41.36‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.07‹
Policy: Lifetime Guarantee

I''m glad I was one of the lucky ones to be able to actually go to GOG in person. Rhino was there educating a customer. They had beaufiful stones, beautiful jewelry, and a nice staff. No pressure whatsoever. I also changed my mind on the setting after seeing it in person. I ended up going with Vatche X prong with princess cut diamonds. And after 3 weeks of obsessing over the ring, I got the email that it was done and the pics of the finished product.

STBr75GVS2finished_jpg.JPG

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, that is beautiful Scott! I am envious that you got to go to GOG in person! But they have great diamonds, so it is pretty easy to buy online, too! Be sure to show us some handshots...and good luck with your proposal!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Let me be the first to say it: BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif

It is gorgeous and perfect!
She will absolutely love it!
Congrats!
36.gif

Edited to say: Oops! Let me be the second to say it....lol!

trottier80

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen for showing me how to upload a pic. You are awesome!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
36.gif
(I knew it would be)
2.gif

Lucky you to get there in person, I bet it was fun!

Please come back with hand pics, and good luck!

ETA You're welcome!

trottier80

Rough_Rock
Now I have to wait until next weekend 23rd or 24th for the proposal. SEems so far away but it''ll give me time to shore up my plans. I will definitley provide the handshots and the story of the proposal. Thanks guys.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a gorgeous ring, Scott!! Congratulations and good luck on your proposal.
36.gif
36.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How exciting to be able to visit GOG in person! The diamond and the setting you chose are just gorgeous!!!

Hey Scott,

I see you got your pic to upload! Very beautiful ring and diamond! I''m glad you had a good experience with GOG too. That is really cool that you got to go there in person so you could see everything before making your final decision. Good luck with the proposal! (not that you''ll need it)... I''m looking forward to hearing your proposal story.

- pessimistic optimist

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Good luck with that proposal!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I hope you come back with handshots afterwards!! Congrats in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results