shape
carat
color
clarity

My GF won't stop cooking me this F*ing chicken!

theclaw

Rough_Rock
She said something about engagement chicken, searched google and ended up here. Stuff tastes like crap. No way I'm asking her to marry me when she can't cook a decent meal.

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
When I saw the title of your post I laughed so hard I cried!

Engagement chicken is a superstition. It goes something like this: make the chicken recipe, have him eat it, he will propose. It's supposed to show the guy that you (the girl) cares enough to cook for him, and will make a good wife. Or something along those lines, anyway.

I've never made the chicken myself, as I think it does sound unappetizing. However, I would think that if repeatedly cooking a bad meal is enough to make you not want to marry her, you may have bigger issues than bad chicken.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
this is so funny!!!! :lol:

Maybe you guys should talk about if you're ready to be engaged or not.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
lol......thats so funny.....maybe she should take a cooking class cuz i make this chicken but my version with extra stuff.....but still funny :lol:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
funny, but sad.

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
When I first saw the title I thought it was hilarious. Now, not so much. It's actually sad. If you don't want to marry her because of something so stupid, you have bigger problems.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It's probably a joke, and the title is pretty funny. :D

We should probably stop encouraging the cooking of e-chicken, actually. It doesn't work, and let's face it, we sound crazy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAH! :bigsmile:

titian23

Shiny_Rock
This made me actually laugh out loud at my desk at work! I hope this troll isn't too disappointed that the ladies on LIW can take a joke! :D :D :D

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Best. Post. Ever.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kribbie said:
It's probably a joke, and the title is pretty funny. :D

We should probably stop encouraging the cooking of e-chicken, actually. It doesn't work, and let's face it, we sound crazy.

Bahahahaha!

pesce

Rough_Rock
I had to laugh at this (sorry I'm a little new) Never knew it was called "engagement chicken" and in our 18 month relationship, I've screwed up a roast chicken twice!! I'm a pretty darn good cook, so this is kind of a running joke with us. He cringes every time I suggest it.

theclaw

Rough_Rock
Glad you girls could take a joke, had to lighten it up a bit. She will be getting asked sometime soon, if Leon ever finishes this thing.

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
I am so glad you were joking! For a while there I didn't know what to think. Hope your ring gets done soon so we can see pics!

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
When I went to high school (Dodging the dinosaurs that still roamed the earth)
Home Economics was a required class. Maybe Engagement Button Sewing
would be a better "test".

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
theclaw said:
Glad you girls could take a joke, had to lighten it up a bit. She will be getting asked sometime soon, if Leon ever finishes this thing.

Wellllllll....now you're gonna have to get some pics of that bad boy up once its finished! LIW's don't allow someone to come in and leave without some pictures FIRST :bigsmile:

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
MissMina said:
When I went to high school (Dodging the dinosaurs that still roamed the earth)
Home Economics was a required class. Maybe Engagement Button Sewing
would be a better "test".

HAHAHA! That reminds me.... my bf asked me to sew the buttons back to his shirt before. They were all falling out. :shock: Then, he said.. "how do you do it? you'll make a good wife." HAHAHA! :lol:

theclaw: I can't wait to see some pictures of the ring!!! :love:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Well im glad you were joking, even though if she cant cook get her some lessons. LoL.....takeout food isnt good EVERY day of the week, just Every other day :lol:

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Make no mistake
The ability to sew on a button is an in demand skill.
I was a private duty nurse in the homes of many young couples over
the past 16 years and I can't even begin to count the number of
buttons I have sewn on and young women (and men)I have taught.

titian23

Shiny_Rock
diamondbuggy said:
I am so glad you were joking! For a while there I didn't know what to think. Hope your ring gets done soon so we can see pics!

And here I was thinking you were a troll! Sorry about that! Now I'm super glad we can all take a joke! :lol:

titian23

Shiny_Rock
titian23 said:
diamondbuggy said:

And here I was thinking you were a troll! Sorry about that! Now I'm super glad we can all take a joke! :lol:

oops - the quote was obviously meant for the claw! sorry bout that!

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh. I don't eat meat, but SO does.. Actually he loves chicken. So when he was sick he asked for roasted chicken and rice. That was an awful adventure that began with asking the Sweetbay guy (probably 16) "uhhh I need to buy chicken?" "um okay?" The only thing I could think of saying: "I think I need the boobies?" Needless to say I'm never going back to that Sweetbay.

Congratulations : ) I can't wait to see your Leon!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
kagordo4 said:
Oh gosh. I don't eat meat, but SO does.. Actually he loves chicken. So when he was sick he asked for roasted chicken and rice. That was an awful adventure that began with asking the Sweetbay guy (probably 16) "uhhh I need to buy chicken?" "um okay?" The only thing I could think of saying: "I think I need the boobies?" Needless to say I'm never going back to that Sweetbay.

HAHAHAHA. I'm sorry, that's amazing. "I need the boobies," this thread is non-stop laughs! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
kagordo4 said:

HaHaHa...i love it, thats what i call them too...lol :lol:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Maybe it's called engagement chicken because it's suppose to teach communication.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
that was really funny.

AWicker

Rough_Rock
kagordo4 said:

Oh my gosh, I laughed for so long about this. I rarely laugh out loud about things I have read, but this post has been hilarious. :tongue:

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I sprayed a mouthful of coffee all over my screen when I saw this! LMFAO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results