shape
carat
color
clarity

My florist is a saint!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I am getting married in a quaint Texas town that has a thriving wedding industry. Lots of bed and breakfast inns do a complete package, etc. I was given a vendor list from the Inn for people they recommend, i.e. florists. Ginny @ Creative Innovations came highly recommended by my jeweler, my bridal shop, and the wedding planner at the Inn. (We''ve literally done everything but invitations right here in the same little town!)

While the Inn is doing the centerpieces for the reception tables as part of their package, and some minimal ceremony decorating, I needed a florist for bouquets, etc. So I met with Ginny on Saturday. Loved her immediately.
30.gif

She was adorable, knowledgeable, and really listened. And then she put together some trial bouquets out of some leftover roses, etc. she had -- and they were perfect! Even with the flowers being past their prime!

What would you think that a bride''s bouquet, a MOH bouquet, 3 boutinierres (sp?), a corsage, and fresh flowers for an archway would cost? Everyone of you is going to be so green with envy -- total bill is $186.17! Now, yes, she is only providing the personal flowers, and she''s doing the archway as part of the Inn''s package with us. But $186.17??

And this isn''t slapped together stuff either -- I''ve seen her work. I saw centerpieces she had ready for a reception on Saturday night, and they were perfect. My bouquet will be a work of art based on what she showed me she would do. I am so psyched!

I would guess she is lower priced because she doesn''t have a "retail" shop. Her jobs come as referrals from the venues, and there is no real overhead for her. She doesn''t have flowers in stock -- she orders specifically for each event. But still - $186.17?? I''m still shaking my head.

I don''t have a specific photo of what my bouquet will be, but I''ll try to find a similar picture from my archives to give you an idea of the look I''m going for. Oops, let me try again.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one idea I had. And mine will be ivory roses, sage green hydrangeas, red hypercicum berries, some wax flowers, and seeded eucalyptus. (forgive the spelling on all or any of that!)

WHITE AND GREEN BOUQUET.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, as a matter of fact -- that bouquet has nearly every element I just mentioned! But I can tell you, Ginny''s makeshift bouquet had more style and panache than the one in the picture. But the flowers shown are the ones I''m using. My sister''s bouquet will be Leonida roses with green hydrangeas, green hypercicum berries, white wax flowers put together is the same style as mine.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Speechless...what a deal!!

And they are quite lovely! You know, I think everything is coming up "daisies" for you!
2.gif
Thrilled for you!

DKS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh! What a deal, and if your bouquets look anything like your avatar, you are surely committing highway robbery!

Yee haw for you!

Can''t wait to see pictures!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Harleigh and DKS.

You''re right -- everything is really coming together well. And pretty much just in 3 months; and mostly the last two weeks! Got my email that the invitations are in transit as of yesterday; and I''m kicking myself for not having had them delivered to my work. What was I thinking? They were an online, DIY item from American Wedding Album; and I just created them last week. It was almost too easy.

My sister''s dress has come in and it''s already been fitted; she loves it and it is really beautiful.

Now if the FI will take care of his to-do list, we''ll be good to go!
21.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Great job on finding a great quality for an outstanding price!
36.gif
Don''t you just love it when everything starts falling into place?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results