shape
carat
color
clarity

My first thread..........Finally

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocoa

Rough_Rock
Hellooooooooooooooooo everyone, come on in
Mostly I''m just a lurker... I feel like what i want to say, someone else said it better, but I have something to share today. YAY!!!
So on my way home, I couldn''t stop myself from smiling and laughing (all by myself) while driving under a heavy rain lol - i''m so glad noone saw what a lunatic i was. My BF and I just had a serious, in-depth discussion about our formal engagement. It''s like, the light at the end of the tunnel, you know, and I''m so happy

Little backgound on our relationship:
My BF and I were best friends for 2 years, then I decided to keep him for myself lol. So fast forward 8 years later, I''m still with him.
Well, not everyday is filled with sunshine and roses, we have moments that I want to call it quit. I have serious LIW frustrations/ranting just like everyone here but anytime I asked myself why am I still with him, his "pros" outweighted his "cons" but most importantly I cannot picture myself with anyone else but him

Anyhoo, last June we started to talk about marriage and searching for a ring, that''s how we found PS. It took 3 months for us to purchase a stone (from GOG). Urgh, It was fun but stressful nonetheless to find my dream ring. Oh yes, I was very active in the whole process. I did mostly everything because he''s one of the guy that us, women couldn''t trust with jewelry. My hope was hitting the roof that we''re getting a ring, then he got layoff in Oct. My happiness was deflated to nonexistence level. It shattered his confidence and pissed at the politic game. We got the ring before Christmas but no engagement
29.gif

See, for us, engagement means his family meet my family for talk about us getting married. There''s this whole tradition ceremony that cost and time-consuming like a mini wedding. But he was depressing that he couldn''t find a job, he''s not motivated or interested and I couldn''t pressed him... Urgh, many times I wanted to come here and vent away

My goal (ie... timeline) was to be engage last/early this year and marry this year/early next year. But I don''t see it''s happening.. So two weeks ago, I called and told him that I needed to talk to him about our future. We hada long talk about how this economy is hitting everyone and not just him. I asked him when he see us as Mr. and Mrs, that I loved him but I don''t feel so love lately, that I need him to step up and deliver his promise that is 4 years over due.
Oh my god, it actually works! Two days later, he asked if I pick a date! I knew I jut have to roll him out of his depression. We have to pay for our wedding. The fact that he still coudn''t find a job holds him back. He''s jokingly said he have to accept my offer of marrying him before I change my mind, that I may have to be his sugar mama lol.... i feel like gold to have him talk about our future with enthusiasm.

So, he called and said he''ll wait for me at the Barnes and Noble after work today. We went out for dinner and discuss the plan for our engagement. We picked march 07 last week, but then both his parents and my parents prefer another day after Easter as march will be lent for us (Catholic). So BF and I picked another date - the saturday after Easter. My parents are ok, now just waiting for his parents, but shouldn''t be a problem (keeping my finger crossed!!! can i say: dust please!!!!)
But what escalated me is that he was very into it. He already has a list of family members that he''ll have to invite and a check on names that he think/pretty sure that they''ll attend while I have nothing. I mean I wanted to be engaged so bad yet i have no list. LOL.
Dinner last 3hours. Actually, we didn''t eat much. We talked and talked. I didn''t realize that everyone else left, that it''s raining so hard that trees were bending back and forth. We had to leave because it''s almost 11pm and the restaurant suppose to be close at 10pm. On the way home, we continued on the phone LOL,
That''s about it. That''s my excitement. I mean, it''s happenning. It''s so real to me, I think i''d die if someone take this away from me.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Oh sweetheart, I''m so happy for you...
I remember when my turn finally came as well... I was kind of unbelieving, I was almost waiting for something rubbish to happen to stuff it up.
But nothing bad happened! The whole thing was fantastic!

I hope it goes as smoothly for you, too... and that the hardest thing is picking out your e-ring (or working within your budget)!
30.gif

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that is so cute! I am glad y''all are discussing it and it is SO close! yay! I can just imagine you smiling through the heavy rain. haha I bet it was an exciting conversation! :)

What is the traditional ceremony thing you are talking about? I guess I could just research it... I have just never heard of it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I am very very happy for you. ***sending lotsa STD dust your way!*** ***sending outta depression, great job on the horizon dust for your BF/FI too!***

HUGS!
35.gif

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
Hi cocoa
35.gif
yay that is such exciting news
36.gif
congrats! Lots and Lots of Dust for you! He is so cute he gets so excited about the whole process it just shows how much he loves you. Dust for your SO as well I hope he finds a job soon.

cocoa

Rough_Rock
LaraOnline, Definitely, Maybe, tlh, xoxo: Thank you so much, ladies for your kind words.
I apologized for not able to respond sooner. My (work) laptop just died yesterday.Yikes!!!
I hope I don’t get too many questions from my IT guys.

LaraOnline: we had the ring
30.gif
it''s beautiful. Sad thing is it''s nested in the safety box and not my finger
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results