shape
carat
color
clarity

My first green tourmaline

gembeginner

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I've decided to start collecting gems and fell in love with this beautiful Tourmaline. Though I'm a bit afraid. I ordered this from Etsy from a seller with great feed backs. Would like to hear your thoughts about the stone. Thanks!

Tourmaline 4.jpg

tourmaline 1.jpg tourmaline 2.jpg tourmaline 3.jpg

They have also provided me with a video:

femmemannequin

Rough_Rock
Pretty color but has a window. but doesn't matter , might look nicer when set. How did you like wad you received? especially with the color change from indoor to outdoors in the sun. Did you end up setting it already?

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This one has a window and will look dark in some light. My experience is that when buying green tourmalines you need to look for open colors.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see this window. This is the way a scissors cut octagon looks. Cannot compare it to a step cut window wise.

Color is fine. All that matters is you like it and the price was right.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
I just seen the video. Still do not see this window but the light was glaring off the table. The color looks to be a medium tone bluish green with some gray in it. I guess it all comes down to when you see it in person.

I do have to say they could have provided a better video. The stone is abraded, small chips in the stone. These you probably will not be able to see without magnification, but the price should reflect this. Not uncommon with commercial cut stones.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s a photo of an octagon scissors cut, no window. The stone is slightly tilted in the photo so it looks like there’s a small window. Consequently, if you can see directly through the stone when the table is exactly perpendicular to your eyes, there’s a window. Even a low RI stone, like the aquamarine in this photo should not be seen through if cut with no window.

Other than that, windows often do not bother people, so if the OP is happy with the stone, that’s what counts. If they want honest opinions and are within the return period, than that’s a different story.
B9CB5793-5EF3-4D90-BBDC-5860AB03FF13.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results