shape
carat
color
clarity

My first Diamond pruchase

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Zydan

Rough_Rock
Today I went to purchase my girlfriends engagment ring, I bought a Verragio and got a 1.03 ct diamond for the center.
After doing some review here I think maybe I paid a little to much for the diamond.
Was hoping for some people's opinions.

The Diamons is Brilliant Cut 1.03ct Ideal Plus F SI2 EGL Cert for $5300.

Good or no good as far as price?

Thanks!

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
1. I''ve never heard of "Ideal Plus"...

2. EGL Cert can be iffy depending on which EGL certified it... much safer w/ GIA or AGS

3. I see a 1.05 F/SI2 listed for $4,610 (w/ PS discount) at James Allen ($4,750 list price). Given that, if your stone is really an F/SI2 (I say that b/c EGL is notorious for overgrading color), then a $600 difference or so isn''t that remarkable, and you would seem to have gotten a decent deal. You might just want to have it independently appraised to make sure its F and SI2.

4. If you list the table %, depth %, crown angle, pavillion angle, girdle, and culet, we can give you a sense of how good the cut is, which is the most important factor.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
we are going to need a little more info:

i have no idea what ideal"Plus" means.
did you pay 45300 for the whole ring or just the setting?
is it an EGL or EGL USA cert?
Do you know the measurements (LWD) ?
Table %?
Depth %?
Girdle size?
flouro?
crown angle?
pavillion angle?

also, got any pictures/images?

Zydan

Rough_Rock
If I do get it independantly graded and it''s not what the EGL cert says will I be able to go back and get it replaced or anything? Not sure how that works.

Zydan

Rough_Rock
Wow, ok, going to try to get all that information now.
I''m not near as informed as I thought I was
emsad.gif

avlis

Shiny_Rock
it would depend entirely on your vendors return policy. how long ago did you purchase the ring, and what is thier policy?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the stone is accurately described and is pretty, price isn't bad. can you do better online? probably only by about 10%

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results