shape
carat
color
clarity

My final choices for diamond & setting: help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abcdefg

Rough_Rock
Trade
So after tirelessly searching for diamonds, I think I've found the one I want, but I want to make sure it's a good choice. Everyone has been very helpful so far, I appreciate it. Anyway, here are the specs:

0.76 Carat J-VS1 Ideal Cut Round Diamond

Shape: Round
Carat weight: 0.76
Cut: Ideal
Color: J
Clarity: VS1
Certificate: GIA

Depth: 61.9%
Table: 56.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Strong Blue
Measurements: 5.86*5.84*3.62

Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Cut Adviser Score: 1.3 (EX/EX/EX/VG)

One concern: There is no Idealscope image. Given the above information, do you think it's necessary to request one?

Setting:

These are the two settings I had in mind, but I'm not sure which one would go better with this stone. Thoughts?

commonprong.jpg

abcdefg

Rough_Rock
Trade
The other setting choice:

knifeedgeja.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t help you with the diamond, as my RB diamond knowledge is null.

Has your SO ever said if she wants a solitaire, or a diamond accented e-ring? Both are great, and would look lovely with a RB.

Here is an example of a JA solitaire band, although from your pictures, it may look like you may have chosen a knife-edge?

Let me see if I can find that diamond setting. I KNOW someone has it
1.gif

abcdefg

Rough_Rock
Trade
Well, the reason for choosing the knife edge setting over other plain solitaire settings is because it''s thinner. I think the more rounded one is wider.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
This link has some photos of a JA setting with diamonds.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I actually think the solitaire is stunning! As far as the stone goes... The numbers look good. I am not an expert, so maybe someone like Lorelei will chime in.... Good luck!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a tapered setting from JA''s website where the thinnest part of the band is 1.4 mm (which is very thin btw).

AND..
Here is another setting which, in my opinion, is beautiful.

Sorry if I''m confusing you
2.gif

abcdefg

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/20/2009 9:58:57 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Here is a tapered setting from JA''s website where the thinnest part of the band is 1.4 mm (which is very thin btw).

AND..

2.gif

I like the first one, although I notice it doesn''t have a matching band, which I was hoping to get.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 10:02:18 PM
Author: abcdefg
Date: 2/20/2009 9:58:57 PM

Author: BeachRunner

AND..

2.gif

I like the first one, although I notice it doesn''t have a matching band, which I was hoping to get.

I''m not sure how a wedding band would sit against that tapered band with the little notch underneath the diamond. Also, the possibilities are endless when it comes to wedding bands, esp with a solitaire!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results