shape
carat
color
clarity

My Feminine/Girly Garnet & Hazel Diamond Ring: Finito!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Wow this is SO overdue!
& Sadly I can only blame my laziness.
:boohoo:

Hopefully I can help makeup the disservice I've done to you all by sharing some photos!
*Dont hate me* lol

As some of you remember I was having a very girly ring made that was my little valentines present to myself!
Well it arrived at the end of Feb. But I wasnt in a hurry anyways and Dan knew this!

Here she is :appl:

20200312_181850~2.jpg
20200312_181901~2.jpg
20200312_181912~2.jpg

The diamonds were repurposed from earrings my mother no longer wore and I just loved their color and sparkle!

Theyre about 3.4mm each and accompanying them in the center is a ~6mm pink garnet that I picked up (oddly) at a crystal shop we visited for my birthday this year in January! The garnet has a sweet little table and a really neat cut to it.

It's not perfect by any means but It was special in a way. Like a diamond found at the bottom of a barrel full of landscaping rocks; so it was an interesting find.

I knew immediately when I purchased it that it would look fabulous with the hazel diamonds that were sitting at the bottom of my jewelry box and 14k rose gold was the most logical color for the trio!

She was made to fit my pointer and middle fingers and I love the heft that DanM created her with! She really is good lil' chunk of gold and substance. I had him set them all in his famous bezels which he did wonderfully! And created an engraving that goes 3/4ths around the band for easy resizing.

The engraving is my favorite part because it contains vines and flowers that are made to represent African Violets. The camera wont focus enough or pick it up but theres a little dot in every flower center.

20200325_162859~3.jpg

Which if anyone knows me, knows Ive become quite the crazy violet lady and have been growing/propagating them myself since I purchased my first months ago.

20200325_164029.jpg
20200325_163911.jpg
20200325_163820.jpg
20200325_164417.jpg

Overall Dan again was very easy to work with and created a ring that's lovely, sentimental to me, and very comfortable to wear on the finger.
So far, Dan & I both seem to have similar expectations when it comes to creating custom pieces of jewelry and we're both very easy going. I hope to be able to continue working with him in the future!

Below are my top 3 favorite three-stone rings that I own that all happen to be made by DanielM! ❤

20200324_133042.jpg
20200324_133054.jpg

From L-R: My diamond and periwinkle sapphire ring in yg, my Mermaid Bubblegum ring made with a lucious lighter colored emerald and two small pink spinel rounds, & my newest pink garnet and hazel diamond ring. Both two made in rose gold! :kiss2:

I hope everyone stays healthy and happy right now in this crisis!

I'll be living vicariously through many of you for a few months because I need to slow my gemstone roll....well we'll see, but ya know how that goes!

Much love!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its lovelly in every way possible:appl:
but im afraid if i even look at your African violets i would inadvertently put my African violet curse on them :mrgreen2:
but i am very impressed :kiss2:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
its lovelly in every way possible:appl:
but im afraid if i even look at your African violets i would inadvertently put my African violet curse on them :mrgreen2:
but i am very impressed :kiss2:

Awww Daisy!
Thank you! Ive been getting lots of wear out of this ring!

& Oh no! Haha
Please tell me you can grow daisies at least?
Otherwise your name becomes so ironic!

Even if your green thumb withers every violet it touches I can always count on your sweet and warm personality and comments to brighten my day! You are the sweetie of PS!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww Daisy!
Thank you! Ive been getting lots of wear out of this ring!

& Oh no! Haha
Please tell me you can grow daisies at least?
Otherwise your name becomes so ironic!

Even if your green thumb withers every violet it touches I can always count on your sweet and warm personality and comments to brighten my day! You are the sweetie of PS!

thank you Ms Garnet
actually i had a long career in garden centres and in latter years i still worked for a firm that had a large garden dept...but it was just always too draughty or cold for them
you may just inspire me to try again come the spring, because where we live now my window sills are so much warmer. and of course when hopefully this crazy scary time is behind us
i did manage to grow some African daisies from cuttings over the summer that im very proud of because ive never grown anything from cuttings before because staff discount was always way too good before !
last week when i ventured out for bread and milk i passed through a street with overhanging oak trees on both sides of the street - ive never lived in a street with street trees
i picked up half a doz acorns off the grass to watch grow
you really do inspire me to get more into garnets

20190326_190706.jpg
20190722_094040.jpg
im really more of a cacti and succulant kind of gal but on my other online community i called my self Daisey after out Jeep wrangler who in turn was named after the Catherine Back Dukes of Hazzard character - unfortunately i just do not have the legs for it!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
So pretty!! I love the engraved flower shank.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

CS gemstone roll!!! Lovely!

cheers--Sharon

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, you finally got it! Congratulations! I love how clean and visually calm it is. Also think that because of the references, it is such a cool unique, family ring. I love the crisp, mirror like bezel around the center stone! And the engraving is lovely too. Finally, I love all of those rings together. They are so tastefully done..not overwhelming, but wolds unto themselves, which look fantastic on your hand... Nicely done!

I hear you about slowing down. I’m getting my spess set, since my husband wants to for our coming anniversary. I’m excited, but I find it harder to be in the mood these days. Because the whole situation is forcing all of us to reevaluate and focus differently...and yet, it’s important to remember basic joys and loves.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Garnetgirl Congrats, lovely colour combination and the bezel work really well. Hope you get much joy out of wearing it. Take care! :mrgreen2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s so pretty! :love: I love the engraving and your family of rings look perfect together!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new bling! I also like seeing the family pictures. You're on a roll with Daniel M three stone rings! Any more bling projects with him underway?

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
Oh so beautiful! All of your DanielM rings are luscious! I've been in love with that emerald ring since you first shared it. Heavenly!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful combination of geometric design and color palette!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! I especially like the carving. The three rings together are so, so pretty. I really like the aesthetic you put together.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swoon!!!
I love this so much. Feminine and elegant and oh so beautiful ❤️

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful and utterly feminine!! Oh and btw i love african violets too! Just took this pic now, they are blooming like mad!!
20200327_184428.jpg

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
got a link to the seller?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@missy , @natasha-cupcake , @lilmosun , @SparkleC , @2Neezers , @Niffler75 , @Bluegemz , @canuk-gal , @ForteKitty , & @arkieb1 Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! It means a lot that I have a community here to lean on or help get my mind away from the craziness of our current reality. Also a sparkly distraction is always the best distraction! Love to you all!

@Daisys and Diamonds Oooh those look like blooming lithops! Ive yet to own any lithops but Im very close to buying a variety pack of lithops seeds and growing them in a sweet little dish! I love gently running my fingertips on the "petals" of those fat litttle lithop lips!
Also please do buy a violet and try again! They love my sunny sunny window sill and drink up lots of water!

@meesmom oooh beautiful violets!
I own five right now excluding the ones im propagating and I just love caring for them. Ive described them as plants that sit quietly and content as if they know all the secrets of our universe. ❤
I like to take a few snaps of them when theyre in bloom every week because they change so much!
The three purple I shared above are currently in bloom.

I also purchased my first hydrangea and am growing her indoors! I love all of her watercolor like petals.

IMG_20200324_081449_064.jpg

& then I have two that have buds coming up as we speak. Here they are from their last bloom!

20200202_222048.jpg
20200202_221837.jpg

@voce Yes lol its comedic how many three stones Ive made with him considering that Ive never custom made them before! I adore them though!

& I do have one in the works currently and then I'll need to stop setting stones for a bit! Hopefully nobody minds that I post this here and because you asked, I'll share. Its Also a yellow-y diamond so maybe that counts as CS.

I'm having him create this setting for this diamond that I purchased and fell in love with. Here you can see it in its original platinum setting with the two little radiant cut diamonds that I used for the sapphire 3-stone!

icm_fullxfull.240169971_1u43i96hrwckc0g0sg08.png
icm_fullxfull.235922446_ak8vvfl8q4o4w84ckskk.jpg

Im using yellow gold and all to create this antique inspired setting for an everyday diamond ring.

@Bonsai Seller to the garnet? The diamonds? The maker of the setting?
Which one?

voce

Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks yellow?

I learned my lesson with setting yellow diamonds into yellow gold. It's not going to yield contrast. Please consider this before you decide to set your diamond that way, if your diamond is yellowish.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The diamond looks yellow?

I learned my lesson with setting yellow diamonds into yellow gold. It's not going to yield contrast. Please consider this before you decide to set your diamond that way, if your diamond is yellowish.

I'm confused.
The diamond has a yellowish tint as seen in the above picture.
Im setting it in yellow gold not to yield contrast but to make it even more yellow as I love warmer diamonds.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm confused.
The diamond has a yellowish tint as seen in the above picture.
Im setting it in yellow gold not to yield contrast but to make it even more yellow as I love warmer diamonds.

I think your diamond is already a warm rich color. In my thread about my CRD ring with an emerald haloed by yellow diamonds in yellow gold, someone said that the diamonds just got "lost" in the gold, and I'm afraid that that's the worst case scenario with what you're describing with this.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I think your diamond is already a warm rich color. In my thread about my CRD ring with an emerald haloed by yellow diamonds in yellow gold, someone said that the diamonds just got "lost" in the gold, and I'm afraid that that's the worst case scenario with what you're describing with this.

I know what ring you're talking about!
I love that emerald paired with the yellow gold. ❤
I dont think my ring will look quite like that though because if im not mistaken you used actual yellow diamonds correct?
Vs my diamond is more manila, with warm tint. I appreciate your input but I really do think I'll enjoy the yellow gold reflecting in the diamond and the look of it all. A warm diamond + yellow gold = dreamy

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock
@missy , @natasha-cupcake , @lilmosun , @SparkleC , @2Neezers , @Niffler75 , @Bluegemz , @canuk-gal , @ForteKitty , & @arkieb1 Thank you all so much for your sweet comments! It means a lot that I have a community here to lean on or help get my mind away from the craziness of our current reality. Also a sparkly distraction is always the best distraction! Love to you all!

@Daisys and Diamonds Oooh those look like blooming lithops! Ive yet to own any lithops but Im very close to buying a variety pack of lithops seeds and growing them in a sweet little dish! I love gently running my fingertips on the "petals" of those fat litttle lithop lips!
Also please do buy a violet and try again! They love my sunny sunny window sill and drink up lots of water!

@meesmom oooh beautiful violets!
I own five right now excluding the ones im propagating and I just love caring for them. Ive described them as plants that sit quietly and content as if they know all the secrets of our universe. ❤
I like to take a few snaps of them when theyre in bloom every week because they change so much!
The three purple I shared above are currently in bloom.

I also purchased my first hydrangea and am growing her indoors! I love all of her watercolor like petals.

IMG_20200324_081449_064.jpg

& then I have two that have buds coming up as we speak. Here they are from their last bloom!

20200202_222048.jpg
20200202_221837.jpg

@voce Yes lol its comedic how many three stones Ive made with him considering that Ive never custom made them before! I adore them though!

& I do have one in the works currently and then I'll need to stop setting stones for a bit! Hopefully nobody minds that I post this here and because you asked, I'll share. Its Also a yellow-y diamond so maybe that counts as CS.

I'm having him create this setting for this diamond that I purchased and fell in love with. Here you can see it in its original platinum setting with the two little radiant cut diamonds that I used for the sapphire 3-stone!

icm_fullxfull.240169971_1u43i96hrwckc0g0sg08.png
icm_fullxfull.235922446_ak8vvfl8q4o4w84ckskk.jpg

Im using yellow gold and all to create this antique inspired setting for an everyday diamond ring.

@Bonsai Seller to the garnet? The diamonds? The maker of the setting?
Which one?

to the setting

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results