shape
carat
color
clarity

My Eye Keeps Twitching

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearPear

Rough_Rock
For the last 3 days, my left upper eyelid keeps twitching. Like every 3 mins! It''s annoying.
32.gif

I went on some Web MD like sites and most of them say stress. The stress in my life is planning my wedding. I can''t stop thinking about what needs to be done, I even dream about it.
Anyone have suggestions about the eye?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I get that too when I''m stressed out. Usually lasts a few days and then stops.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Mine does that too from time to time. It''s done it since I was a kid. It will go on for awhile, then stop for months and then suddenly reappear. I do think it''s stress or sleep related. I notice that it''s more likely to happen if I am stressed or really tired....or worse yet both.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
It could be a few things....

1) Stress, definitely....

2) Have you been spending more time at the computer? That could be straining your eyes.

3) You may need glasses (or if you already wear them, a change in prescription).

#3 is the most common culprit, so I'd at least have an eye exam to rule it out if you haven't had one recently.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
My eye twitched for the last couple of weeks leading up to our wedding. I figured it was stress... over the wedding and work (we of course got slammed as i get ready to leave for a week). I was also spending a lot of time on the computer. It stopped a day or two before the wedding and i havent had any problems since.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lemmie guess .. mid-twenties? Almost everyone I know had the "eye twitch" at some point in their early to mid-twenties and it re-occures throughout life at periods of high stress.

If you are early to mid-twenties guess what else is headed your way: allergies you never used to have, migraine headaches, lower back pain, the ol'' slept on it wrong "neck kink" - that lasts for days too! and WRINKLES.

Hmmm. I''m not a good stress-lower-er when I''m PMS-ing, am I?

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Drink some Tonic water, that''s what my eye doc said to do when I went through a period of eye twitching. He said the Quinine in it settled the muscles stopping the twitch, it worked for me.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Hee! My eye twitch is my stress gauge! I''m very proud of myself for staying twitch-free thus far through my first year of law school and my wedding planning! If I can make it all the way through final exams and the actual wedding without any twitching, it will be a miracle!

I find that massaging the area helps a lot, so you should give that a try.
1.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed my eyes do it a lot when I am on the computer for a long period of time. I too needed a change in my glasses prescription so it could be a lot of things, but my eye doc said tiredness, eyestrain and stress are the 3 biggest culprits.

You can also try the lubricating eye drops (not just the artificial tears but the ones that say lubricating; they are usually a bit more expensive) to help so your eyes don''t feel dry and itchy.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 11:58:09 AM
Author: cnspotts
Drink some Tonic water, that''s what my eye doc said to do when I went through a period of eye twitching. He said the Quinine in it settled the muscles stopping the twitch, it worked for me.

True. You can also try cool washcloth/ice packs too decrease the nerve impulse. And decrease caffeine consumption and get some sleep! :)

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
My eye always twitches when I haven''t slept enough...for example, I just finished my OB/GYN rotation and I had 24 hour call three times during the rotation...EVERY time I was post-call my eye twitched until I caught up on my sleep!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Dang that darn Eye Twitchin''!
38.gif

One thing that can and does cause eye twitch that hasn''t already been addressed is a pinched nerve. Been there ... done that.

I think stress does play an important role in eye twitch, think about it, if your stressed ... your probably not taking the ultimate care of yourself, working too much, not enough sleep ... heck even staying up like I am right now because I can''t sleep
32.gif
... my posture is not great cause my body is tired ... I can feel the pressure and tightness creeping up in my shoulders and neck ... I am sure eye twitch is on the way!
39.gif

I think someone should come up with a remedy to cure eye twitch instantly. You know like if you get the hick-ups you eat a teaspoon of sugar, or someone scares you. I think eye twitch might be cured with some dark chocolate ... I think I''ll try that next time!
31.gif

35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results