shape
carat
color
clarity

My ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Yay!! I am engaged!! It happened on Monday before the Detroit Tigers' home opener and it was perfect! I was completely surprised and did not think that it would be happening this soon! (I was figuring another couple weeks or so) Anyways, now about the ring. The center stone is a GIA cert. 1.05 Cushion Modified Brilliant, I, VVS2 with strong blue fluorescence (which I love!) It is gorgeous and so sparkly! There are 14 - 1.5mm bead set diamonds on the sides ~.22ctw with 4 - 1.5mm bezel set peridots on the prongs! It was made by a local jeweler and based off of the Vera Wang setting that Albicocca has. The peridots are my fiance's birthstone and add a little color to it! The band is 2mm wide and I love love love it! Here are some pics (I don't know how to put more than one pic in a post) It hasn't been too sunny lately (it's snowing right now!) so I will have to get some better shots once it is!

Rachring143.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Hand shot...

Rachring2.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Oh, ring size is 3.75

Rachring3.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Side shot..

Rachring4.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sentimental value of choosing your FI birthstone so cute!!!

Congrats and a lovely unique e-ring!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
First, that stone is gorgeous!!! Second, I immediately recognized it was either a Vera Wang or inspired by it - the jeweler did a good job! Beautiful ring. I like the added touch of the peridot. What are you doing for a band?

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now. I have to get some flowers so I can get some pretty flower shots like all of you get! Thanks for looking!
9.gif

Rachring5.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Mustang ~ Thank you so much! The diamond is my birthstone and I love green, so I guess I lucked out with his birthstone being a peridot!

FG ~ Thank you so much! I have not decided on a band yet, but I am thinking eternity with diamonds and peridots? Maybe one on each side? Who knows, I have a lot of time to decide! (The wedding prob won''t be until summer of 2009)

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic looking ring! And lucky you with those tiny fingers = great coverage
1.gif

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty - Congrats!!! I think a wedding ring with diamonds and peridots would look lovely with your ering!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!!! i need finger lipo...3.75---ps fingers are getting smaller by the day.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
An heirloom in the making!
36.gif

StarSpun

Shiny_Rock
That is a beautiful and unique ring, I just LOVE it!
WOW!
Congrats!

:)
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and very cool!!
36.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
How wonderfully unique!!! Congratulations!
21.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations rachie! I love the touch of peridots in the prongs. =)

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very pretty and unique!!! congrats!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rachie, congrats! That is a beautiful and very cool ring! I also love the peridot accents--what a great way to incorporate your FI''s birthstone into your ring!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I love the peridots, very creative and lovely!! I really love the bezel prongs.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement Rachie. I love the cushion.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The peridots are such a lovely touch! Congratulations!

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for such kind comments! I want to thank everyone here on PS b/c you guys really helped with my education of diamonds and helped me to get a gorgeous ring that I love!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gorgeous and unique ring! Congratulations!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Rachie, it''s so stunningly unique! Love it!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif
Your ring is one of a kind!!!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
That is such a cool engagement ring. Love the peridots in the prongs. I have a ring something like it but it is a green amyest with diamonds on the prongs. Peridot is also my Birthstone. Lovely choice. Enjoy your engagement ring, and congratulations on such a lovely unigue ring.
35.gif

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I REALLY like your stone...I don''t suppose you could take just a couple more pics??!
emteeth.gif
Your stone is L:W 1.29 and a 54% table right (I read your previous posts)? And it has the first plot of the two that I am attaching to this post? I think this plot has the best of both worlds, that chunky antique look but more brillance because of the "modified" extra facets. What was your experience when shopping for your cushion?

cushionmodifiedbrilliant vs cushionbrilliant.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks blingergrrrl! I will attach some pics of the stone loose so that you can see it a little better. I purchased it through adiamor.com but I found it on jamesallen.com first. Adiamor was a few hundred cheaper. I looked at so many different cushions before deciding on this one. When I was looking, I wrote down some of the specs from the different cushions that I liked on this website for reference. I knew that I wanted a rectangular cushion for sure. I also went with a company that has a great return policy (most do now I think) so that I could return it if I wanted to! Anyways, here are a couple pics of it loose.
This is a pic from the first day I got it. There is a bowtie, but it is dark b/c I was wearing a dark shirt. When I wear light colored shirts, it is the color of the shirt.

new cush544.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
Here is another in the sun.

new cushion624.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 1:04:58 AM
Author: Rachie
Thanks blingergrrrl! I will attach some pics of the stone loose so that you can see it a little better. I purchased it through adiamor.com but I found it on jamesallen.com first. Adiamor was a few hundred cheaper. I looked at so many different cushions before deciding on this one. When I was looking, I wrote down some of the specs from the different cushions that I liked on this website for reference. I knew that I wanted a rectangular cushion for sure. I also went with a company that has a great return policy (most do now I think) so that I could return it if I wanted to! Anyways, here are a couple pics of it loose.
This is a pic from the first day I got it. There is a bowtie, but it is dark b/c I was wearing a dark shirt. When I wear light colored shirts, it is the color of the shirt.
I''m so glad to have company in the elongated cushion loving dept :) And in the non-hating bowtie dept :D I have a theory about that.... bowties are known to be obstruction zones... but on both the IS and ASET my stone had the strongest light return in that area.... which leads me to think that some ''bowties" are truly deadzones and others are reflecting zones. Mine, and apparently yours, reflect what they see... not darkness unless its a dark shirt. I''m curious to pursue this theory.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results