shape
carat
color
clarity

My e-ring reborn!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
We decided half a year ago to reset the diamond from my lavender pink spinel that will fit perfectly into the old setting. It''s been 5 months since I received the stone from Dan Stair, and we''ve FINALLY found the time (and money) to pursue our long-overdue project!
9.gif

Our design was inspired by geckodani''s e-ring, and it looks almost exactly like hers (hope you don''t mind me using your photo!), except it has single prongs instead of double prongs, and the ring shank is smoother, without the knife-edge of the original scott kay setting. We are also gonna have surprise sapphires instead of surprise diamonds, with one pink and one blue sapphire on either sides to represent the 2 of us.

firstgeckogd.jpg

We have to wait another 2-3 weeks before my new e-ring is ready, so in the meantime, I''ll have my new lavender pink spinel ring (in my original e-ring setting) as a placeholder.
1.gif
So without further ado, here''s the transformation...

Before:

xfactorhand2.jpg

After:

gkspinelhandshot1.JPG

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
SORRY!!!
8.gif
I realise that the topic of this thread made it sound as though I have pictures of my new e-ring! I promise I'll post pictures as soon as I get it. I do have pictures of my new lavender pink spinel ring to share though...

DSCF6265.JPG

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I really like how the colour shifts to looks more pinkish or purplish depending on the lighting conditions. It''s more pink (like in the first picture) in incandescent or natural light , but looks very purple under fluorescent light, as the rest of the pictures show.
4.gif

DSCF6271.JPG

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think your first ring was absolutely stunning, but it looks great with the pink spinnel. I can''t wait to see you new ring!!
36.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Delish.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond is going to look great in that setting. I love the pink spinel in your old one - love that pink shade!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
The colour of the stone makes the profile even more interesting than that of my original e-ring.

Before:

xfactorside3.jpg

After:

DSCF6275.JPG

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea why the stone looks a lot darker in pictures than IRL. It''s more of a light lavender pink (like in the first picture), rather than the medium purple in most other pictures.
18.gif

DSCF6280.JPG

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the lovely comments! I can''t wait to see my new e-ring too. I''ve always thought I didn''t like thinner ring shanks (thus the thicker x-prong setting), but I changed my mind after trying one on! My new e-ring is gonna be around 2.2mm at its widest point.

I still love my original setting to bits though. We just wanted to reset the e-ring to signify the renewal of our relationship after patching up our broken engagement.
1.gif

Last picture:

DSCF6284.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love pink! beautful stone and the different shades...lovely

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
That spinel looks lovely in your old setting! And your new ring sounds like it is going to be GORGEOUS!
36.gif
I''m totally in love with my setting, and I can''t wait to see yours! I really love the idea of the different colored sapphires too -very cool. (And no, I don''t mind you posting my pic at all, although I did a double take at the gecko for a second, LOL!)
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, I love the pink!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Love your spinel in your old setting
36.gif
And your new e-ring will be fab. congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Classic and feminine! Just lovely!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Very pretty!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful spinel and can''t wait to see pics of your new ring!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring with the spinel! Very pretty! Can''t wait to see your new ring...

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the spinel! It''s such a pretty colour.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful stone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I love it!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the color of that purple spinel - it looks gorgeous in that setting
9.gif
36.gif

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
I love it! What a great idea.
18.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
That spinel is beautiful in your old ering setting... cant wait to see your reset!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results