shape
carat
color
clarity

My dupe for this $7.5M ring

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I felt in love with this color and design when I first saw it at Christies. However, this is a blue and pink diamond combination auctioned for $7.5M. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:
I need to win the lottery to have the money to buy that.

I did not find more video of this piece but I found another blue diamond ring made by Moussaieff.

B0B6A41A-DB5C-4D73-80B0-EC763B103C82.png
Here is the beauty!

Last edited:

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I always want to create a dupe for that amazing piece but I know it is not really possible to get a 3ct blue diamond, even the lab ones of 3cts are expensive:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
So my available options for the blue center stone are
1. Aquamarine, hard to find an asscher or emerald in shape, color not saturated for most of them
2. Blue Topaz, I personally do not like because the color looks artificial
3. Light blue/Teal sapphire, difficult to get an asscher shaped stone

Last edited:

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The side pink stones are also difficult to find.
My candidates are:
1. Pink sapphires in oval or pear(hard to get good cuts and saturated colors)
2. Morganites in oval(easier to find good cuts but morganite color is not saturated)
3. Pink spinels in oval and pear (hard to find the shapes, easier to find in round)
4. Pink tourmalines in oval and pear( they look brown under certain light and Ido not like that)

Last edited:

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I've seen spinels in the color of the center too! And they come in ascher more for some reason.

Asshcher cut blue spinels are common. I found they have more greyish tone. The real cobalt spinel is also very expensive.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I ended up with my pack of facet grade tourmaline roughs I got a year ago. I sent the pack to my cutting master‘s workshop and he cut 3 pieces of emerald /asscher blue tourmaline for me. The pieces are much smaller than expected but they are precision cut and great color and loupe clean.

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
C6496288-1881-41DB-8E4A-21CD43D1999B.jpeg
Here it is. I ended up using a precision cut indicolite tourmaline + 8 pieces of mahenge spinels in round diamond cuts. I used white gold for the entire ring but pink gold + white gold will be also a good choice.
It is small but mighty!
The indicolite glows so beautifully under the sun and the spinels are even nicer, they sparkle even in the dark. DA5CF1F6-C565-4BFF-B56A-269CFE6CC478.jpeg

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's so pretty, and the tourmaline is just right against those spinels!

nutellakitty

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous color combo! Perfect solution for champagne tastes on a beer budget. :kiss2: I love how it tured out!

Glad you like that. I am planning to get a bigger version. Trying to get a 3ct+indicolite and use 3.5mm spinels or pink sapphires as halos.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring, but I think blue spinel really comes closest to emulating a blue diamond. I’ve seen the Hope diamond in person, and it really looks like a blue gray spinel. This is especially true if you can find a blue spinel with a high crown.

However, your ring is gorgeous, the tourmaline is a fabulous teal and cut so well, and the color combination is fabulous. Pink and blue really look great together. Enjoy!!

By the way, this blue and pink diamond ring was my inspiration for getting a blue spinel and setting it in rose gold.

Attachments

• 9F16BDBE-795F-4B57-A78F-D7B50B9B2668.jpeg
    9F16BDBE-795F-4B57-A78F-D7B50B9B2668.jpeg
    463.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results