shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I think I've gone and found it. The dress. It's an Amy Kuschel, and when choosing dresses to try on, I didn't even notice it.

I'd tried on several Rivinis and a couple Anne Barges as my dress assistant started to get a feel for what I liked. I had tried on what I thought was the last gown of the evening when she pulled "Maribel" and asked me to put it on. It's gorgeous. Sleek, A-line, ivory silk satin, sweep train. The sash that goes with it (and when I say "goes with it", I mean looks great with it...and costs extra $$$) is champagne silk satin with a piece of beaded ivory alencon lace in the center. I LOVE that it's a funky touch.

I don't have any pictures of myself in the gown, but I do have the Amy Kuschel sketch AND a picture of the sash, and I'd love opinions. It'll be for my June 2007 evening garden wedding, so I'd like your thoughts on it matching the setting, as well as its looks in general. I've yet to order it but will in the next couple of months unless I get too many "ewwwws."
9.gif

So...without further ado:

AKsketch.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
The sash on THE dress (keep in mind, mine will be "champagne" in color and I'm having it sewn to the dress so it won't sag on the sides):

maribelsash.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
I didn't include any of the other runway pics because it looks *BLAH* on the model. Very ill-fitting. But it fit me so, so well.

What do you think? Honesty is appreciated!
9.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Even though I tend to go for really simple gowns without adornment, I have to say that sash is spectacular! It''s really striking, and ''fits'' the overall look of the dress somehow.

Because it''s a darker fabric than your dress will be, it should do flattering things to the waist, and jazz up the dress a little without taking away from the lines of the dress (from what I can tell of the sketch) or taking away attention from you.

If it''s something that you feel suits you, then I''d say go for it.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2006 11:53:44 PM
Author: Galateia

Because it's a darker fabric than your dress will be, it should do flattering things to the waist, and jazz up the dress a little without taking away from the lines of the dress (from what I can tell of the sketch) or taking away attention from you.

Well, I'm leaning towards the champagne colored sash, which isn't much darker than the ivory of the dress. The one pictured is called amethyst, and the other color not shown is platinum (silvery). I'm considering the platinum as well, though I think the champagne is a bit more bridal.

But thank you (and you SanDiegoLady!) for your compliments!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely just lovely. And I love the sash. It gives it more flare....

I think you should go for it!
1.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhh. A champagne dress like that with the champagne sash. E-Bree, I''m about to pass out with that visual in my head. Beautiful! Striking! VERY elegant. Simple yet with some distinctive oomph! I love the detailing on the sash....a subtle couture touch. I''m REALLY glad you''re getting the sash in champagne, as I think the purple one is a little overpowering. I know the idea with the purple was to provide some contrast and drama against the beaded lace but for wedding dresses, I''m a big proponent of keeping things monotone and classic bridal. (what looks neato and trendy right now could look dated in the future) I LOVE your choice!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thank you both! The champagne sash looks amazing with the dress, because it''s a hint of color yet, as you said, not overpowering.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The sash is amazing. I say go for it. It sounds lovely on you.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ebree, you KNOW what I think about it- I just LOVE it. It''s a very tasteful look, with the "funky" lace touch. Stunning. I think that in a garden wedding, in your fantastic location, it''ll be jaw dropping.
1.gif
18.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sleek funky regal. It''s SO striking, like someone else mentioned. I actually like the little bolero jacket that''s shown in the sash picture ... probably because most of the real world bride photos I''ve been seeing in the last year of research are strapless. I know why people pick it, its very flattering & romantic ... I''m just *personally* weary.

I DON''T however think this dress will look like the other strapless ones around -- it''s very chic!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, here's my 1 cents' worth. Brace yourself.

I think that dress is just stunning! But I'm having trouble picturing it with the sash, especially in the back. That dress has such beautiful lines, it's hard for me to picture how you could add a sash without interfering with those lines.

I think the dress is beautiful as it (and if you're using a veil, that will add even more drama). If you're concerned about the dress being a bit too plain, you might consider having some lace or other ornamentation sewn directly to the dress.

Of course, I haven't seen the ensemble in person, as you have!

E B

Ideal_Rock
qtiekiki, Amber, Deco and MINIMS, thank you! I'm glad I'm getting great feedback. I had a girlfriend go shopping with me back home, but this last stop was with Mom only, so I'm glad to have some other opinions!
9.gif

Mini- I didn't feel that the sash was too distracting, but I can see how you think it could be. If I tied a huge, floppy bow in the back, it might be a little overpowering. I was actually just thinking of other alternatives...a small bow with a crystal brooch, no bow at all (just the ends hanging and pinned with the crystal brooch) or even having the ends chopped off and sewn together in the center (belt style, if that makes sense).

The sash really does complete the ensemble though, and I love the under-the-bust definition. I do appreciate your honesty, though, and the dress really is stunning alone.
10.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think its really beautiful. I love Amy Kuschel''s designs...I really feel like they flatter a woman''s body...the dress is so fluid and flowy, I really love it. As for the sash, I think its cute, but I would have to see it in the color you like and I would want to see it on you before I gave my opinion. It sounds lovely though. I am sure it looks awesome both with or without the sash. But congrats, seems like you found "the dress!" I say go for it too!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Ebree- I literally gasped when I saw that fabulous sash!!
30.gif
30.gif
To die for! I think it is just gorgeous, unique, and very elegant... Me likey!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh I can''t wait to see the completed version! How exciting!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Dani, Cali, Tacori, thanks!
10.gif

I wish I had pictures of myself in the ensemble (and I curse myself for not bringing a camera to the place in TX, where I'll most likely order it from), but only TWO boutiques in all of California carry Amy Kuschel and only one...Amy's actual studio in San Francisco (!) carries Maribel. It does have a twin in silk mikado that I could try on to take pictures of, if I can make it down to San Diego.

But I love the feedback, so thank you all!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Two words: GOR. GEOUS.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I just love that sash
30.gif
30.gif
, in that darker color!

Go for the darker sash!! It is different and stands out. Soo elegant, especially since you are getting married in the evening. A daytime wedding probably could pull that sash off but in the evening, it would be stunning!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks you two! Jazmine- I''m also considering the platinum sash which is a silvery color, not *as* dark as the amethyst but definitely darker than the champagne. I might be able to get pictures of the sashes soon so I can post them before deciding on one.

Chi

Shiny_Rock
Oh it''s stunning Ebree...I love the sketches and the sash will accent it perfectly...I too wore a sash in champagne but a different style dress...I loved wearing it made me feel so elegant...if only I could wear it again...
21.gif

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
It is beautiful! Love the entire dress, the sash is gorgeous. I don''t think you will go wrong with whichever color you choose.
30.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
very pretty! i like it a lot!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I''m jealous! Just kidding. Looks beautiful. I think a sash would be a very nice addition. CONGRATS on finding the gown! How exciting!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think it''s gorgeous!! I love the lace on the sash too!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
EBree,

It''s stunning and I''m sure it fits you perfectly. When you find the right dress, you just know...and it sounds like you know!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
very pretty!!

now - we need some pics of YOU in it!!!!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''m so excited that you finally found the one! I think it will look great for an evening garden wedding but I would be able to better envision that if I could see pictures of you in it--drat!

Okay, just for kicks, can you post the runway shot?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Chi, Rachie, Lulu, Gypsy, Kim, Flopkins and SelfLove, thank you all!

I was hesitant to post the runway pic in the first batch because I think it gives a poor first impression of the dress. It looks as if it's just wrapped around her, which isn't how it is supposed to fit. I really wish that A) The models weren't stick thin or B) If they're going to choose stick thin models, please fit the gowns TO the models so we can get a better idea of what the gown actually looks like!

But yeah, here it is on the model...it's actually more a-line and fitted on a normal person and has a *gorgeous* train. It's called a sweep but it seems longer than a sweep to me.

runwayyuck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results