shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress is in!!

Carats

Shiny_Rock
I got the call that my dress is finally in:)! I can''t believe it after such a long and exhausting search. It was actually kind of nerve wracking to hear that it has arrived, I don''t know why. The wedding is first week of August and I have yet to buy a veil, figure out shoes or jewelry.

What do you all think in terms of hair, jewelry and veil for this dress??
http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=1&sfid=51198

I like the tierras but I also like really big puffy pronounced veils with multiple layers (not necessarily long just multiple layers). If I wear a tierra would the veil have to fit underneath an updo? In other words it wouldn''t be able to sit on top of my head right? I''m just trying to figure all this out and coordinate with the jewelry too:)!

Anyway, I''d love your suggestions:)

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I''ll give suggestions for accessories once we see a picture of YOU in it!
27.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty...I love (love) the shape!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Alright, I give in. I do hope you come back with some pictures of you in the gown after you''ve gone to try it on the for the first time.

I wouldn''t wear a tiara with that dress. Honestly, you don''t need any extra anything because its such a stunning gown. I''m personally not a huge fan of veils tucked under hair either. This is mainly because I love the way a veil looks when its draped over the brides hairdo and cascading down. I think its a soft, romantic look. That said, I''ve seen plenty of brides on PS do the under hair thing with their veil and its looked really pretty. I suppose it also depends on what kind of hair do you''re thinking about doing.

Haven had a simliar veil to the one you described (and I think EmeraldLover1 did too). I loved Haven''s veil because its made from layers of different textured tulle. Its gorgeous.

I would do a simple necklace (a diamond solitaire pendant or maybe a nice strand of pearls) and some drop earrings, or maybe even no necklace at all. Stick to understated and let you and the dress be the stars of the show.

gls

Shiny_Rock
I dont think I have any suggestions as to whether you will be able to fit a tiara and a veil, as I have not seen it done nor tried it.

Just wanted to say that your dress is absolutely stunning!!! Congrats, cant wait to see pics of you in it

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

Carats

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much everyone!:)

I am going to try on jewelry and veils tomorrow and will post pics tomorrow afternoon:)! So definitely we can get more input then...

In terms of hair, I was thinking that for the ceremony I could have my hair down and then for the reception the hair would be up?? I think my face looks better with hair around it hehe. And I don''t like the veil tucked under the hair look at all either really. I would love to have my hair out but don''t know how the veil would sit on top of it.

The only reason I said tiara was because FI said he really loves them:) Maybe I could do an updo and tiara for the reception?

I definitely thought I needed to jazz it up since the dress doesn''t have any jewels or sparkle. But who knows, maybe I am wrong.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 1:06:36 PM
Author: Carats
Thanks so much everyone!:)

I am going to try on jewelry and veils tomorrow and will post pics tomorrow afternoon:)! So definitely we can get more input then...

In terms of hair, I was thinking that for the ceremony I could have my hair down and then for the reception the hair would be up?? I think my face looks better with hair around it hehe. And I don't like the veil tucked under the hair look at all either really. I would love to have my hair out but don't know how the veil would sit on top of it.

The only reason I said tiara was because FI said he really loves them:) Maybe I could do an updo and tiara for the reception?

I definitely thought I needed to jazz it up since the dress doesn't have any jewels or sparkle. But who knows, maybe I am wrong.
As we mentioned in your previous thread, your dress is stunning. It really doesn't need anything else! Its classy and gorgeous with the lace and silk satin. Not to mention the back of it is really beautifully constructed.

As for the tiara- Perhaps you can show up some of the jeweled and sparkly hair combs that are around? Its sort of a more subdued take on a tiara-esque detail. Its sweet of you to consider an accessory you would otherwise leave off because he likes them.

Plenty of brides wear their hair down for their weddings and find a way to get the veil to stick. But, I'm not sure how! You could call a hair saon and ask. I would be wary of trying to put your hair up for the reception. Your wedding day will go by so fast and I just can't imagine spending part of it getting your hair redone when you could be visiting with guests, taking pictures, or just enjoying being with your new husband.

Looking forward to seeing the dress on you when you get a chance to take and post some pictures!

ETA: Why not do a half up/half down hair do? Have the hair dresser leave some pieces loose around your face for some framing. Then you'll have an easy place to stick your veil and any other hair accessories you choose to wear.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
What about a more delicate tiara like this one? I was obsessed with this bridal look after I saw the movie it was in (Last Chance Harvey). Your dress is lovely! And I agree with Claritek, we need pictures of you in it!

2008_last_chance_harvey_007.jpg

Carats

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea how to attach pictures!? The file sizes are too large. I''ve been trying to modify on adboe photoshop and its such a tiny image and i''ve reduced the pixels but its still too big. what am i doing wrong?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Paint is the easiest way to resize. Open it, go to Image > Resize/Skew, and adjust the percentage (usually 30% does it for me) until it''s under 100K. You have to rename it to something unique, like carats5675675675.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results