shape
carat
color
clarity

My dress came in today! (pics inside)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Finally! My dress was supposed to be in March 1, and I had been calling every week to make sure it was going to be there soon! My wedding is already less than 2 months away. When I called today, it was there, so my mom and I headed there to get it. It fits pretty well, except for the bust which needs some work. You can''t really tell in the pics but it stuck way out from my chest, and looked odd. You could see right down my top! I have my first fitting next week, and might have them add another layer of fabric in the top part of the bust to conceal some of that cleavage. It feels like I''m showing way too much! Anyways... the pics!

anniesdress13.JPG

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
The back

anniesdress11.JPG

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Close up of the top. The saleslady suggested I not wear straps, and wear it this way pointed out, ala Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City movie. I''m not so sure about that though... it''s sort of cool looking but my mom hated it!

anniesdress12.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Looks beautiful anniee!! Congrats!! Does any of it have to be altered?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgoeus dress! If you are going to go without straps, the neckline needs a little adjusting to be totally honest, the edges stick up very high, and it looks like the straps were just cut off. It would be beautiful strapless too, but I think the pointy bits need a bit of smoothing.

How very exciting to have your dress!!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful dress! I also like it better with the straps!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
you look beautiful! I like it better with the straps too!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s beautiful on you Annie! Ditto the above about the straps - i think it''s oh so pretty with those dainty straps it has. You look fabulous!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2009 10:37:22 PM
Author: honey22
It''s a gorgoeus dress! If you are going to go without straps, the neckline needs a little adjusting to be totally honest, the edges stick up very high, and it looks like the straps were just cut off. It would be beautiful strapless too, but I think the pointy bits need a bit of smoothing.
Ditto. It''s beautiful -- congrats on having your dress and it looking so good!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Pointy daggers coming out! Hehe, likey the straps.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
YOu look beautiful - I woul keep the straps they finsh the dress off nicely :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it without straps!!!! Very cool!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I''m very much a strap girl, so I say keep them. The dress looks like it was intended to have straps.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
With straps. I just watched a re-run of that episode and the WHOLE TIME I was thinking... Did the alterations lady call in sick so they had to go with "it''s the new style" excuse??? And who stuck that dead bird to her head.

It didn''t look good on Carrie, it wouldn''t look good on Angelina, and it''s not doing a thing for you either. Whereas with the straps it looks gorgeous. Congrats on the dress!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Definitely keep the straps on. I don''t know, without the straps, it looks like that pointed tips are reaching out to get you. I don''t know, that''s always what I think when I see the pointed-strapless look. The dress is beautiful though.

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
Hm, well, after I brought the dress home and tried it on again, my mom and I didn''t think it looks as good as we thought initially.
I think it''s a really pretty dress, but I''m too busty for it. It honestly looks better in pics than in real life. My boobs were pretty much on complete display. I got in with a seamstress who tried to fix it and showed me what she could do and honestly, it just gave me even more cleavage when she pulled it tighter to my body. Not the look I was going for.
The sample I had tried on months ago was way too small in the top, and I figured the top would fit better when it was in my size, but it wasn''t the case at all. It fit almost the same in the bust.

Back when I was trying on dresses, I really loved the Casablanca 1900, and the sample they had fit me perfect, but my mom said it was too "old fashioned" looking, so I tossed it aside and kept looking. Well, ever since then, I''ve been thinking about that dress. Last Thursday, I called the bridal salon and explained how I was so disappointed with the fit, how I wasn''t comfortable in it even after the seamstress looked at it, and suggested that I would be really happy if they could consider trading my dress for the 1900 sample at their store. She said she would discuss it with management, and call be back. The very next morning, I got a call saying they were willing to do the trade. So, on Sunday I took Fi''s sister and my mom, and the sample still fit perfect. It is so much more figure flattering on me, and feels much better. I am going to have my seamstress add little lacy cap sleeves for some extra support. As soon as I can, I will post pictures of my new dress. It''s been a couple of stressful days, changing dresses with less than 2 months to go!

Chelle0511

Rough_Rock
Anninee-

I love the dress you posted photos of, what line and style # is it? Believe me ... I am far from "busty" and it just may work for me;-)!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
It''s Casablanca 1908. I bought it in Diamond White and Blush. It''s a really gorgeous dress but just didn''t work on me!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/7/2009 9:34:24 AM
Author: anniee19
Hm, well, after I brought the dress home and tried it on again, my mom and I didn''t think it looks as good as we thought initially.

I think it''s a really pretty dress, but I''m too busty for it. It honestly looks better in pics than in real life. My boobs were pretty much on complete display. I got in with a seamstress who tried to fix it and showed me what she could do and honestly, it just gave me even more cleavage when she pulled it tighter to my body. Not the look I was going for.

The sample I had tried on months ago was way too small in the top, and I figured the top would fit better when it was in my size, but it wasn''t the case at all. It fit almost the same in the bust.

Back when I was trying on dresses, I really loved the Casablanca 1900, and the sample they had fit me perfect, but my mom said it was too ''old fashioned'' looking, so I tossed it aside and kept looking. Well, ever since then, I''ve been thinking about that dress. Last Thursday, I called the bridal salon and explained how I was so disappointed with the fit, how I wasn''t comfortable in it even after the seamstress looked at it, and suggested that I would be really happy if they could consider trading my dress for the 1900 sample at their store. She said she would discuss it with management, and call be back. The very next morning, I got a call saying they were willing to do the trade. So, on Sunday I took Fi''s sister and my mom, and the sample still fit perfect. It is so much more figure flattering on me, and feels much better. I am going to have my seamstress add little lacy cap sleeves for some extra support. As soon as I can, I will post pictures of my new dress. It''s been a couple of stressful days, changing dresses with less than 2 months to go!

I love the 1900! I can''t wait to see you in it, and I can''t even imagine how stressed you have been!

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is it, right? Le sigh...

342_1900a.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I like it better w/ the straps... w/o and I worry that the ladies are a little too on display. You know? Carrie didn''t have the wonderful gift you have in the chest dept... and could get away with the points (because her chest didnt have any naturally...) I''d rock what your momma gave you.. and secure the ladies in with the straps... I just like it better!
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look gorgeous in your dress! You''ll be a beautiful bride!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Awh you will be such a beautiful bride.

Def keep the straps. I like the strapless look too, but it might look odd in 25 years time!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results