shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY's! :)

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Sooooo for my vintage themed wedding, I made my own save the dates. I finally have a few complete!!

I hand stamped the french writing on the background, hand stamped each letter for the save the dates... and hand tied rope through hole. knotted it... then took a black button and threaded it through the string connected to the manilla paper... I then got a library stamp and hand stamped the date of the wedding onto textured paper and used a gold paperclip to attach it to the manilla paper as well.. on the back of the save the date there is a magnet and a sticker that reads

"Were Tying The Knot!
Nicole ...... & Ryan .....
October 15, 2011
Invitation to follow"

pcom.jpg

These are also my handmade roses made out of coffee filters.. I already posted these on a topic so i am sure you all have seen them... But this is where I am at on my DIY crafts for the big day! :)) pcom1.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it! can't wait to see everything come together!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's neat. Did you send the save the dates out already? Not sure if it's a typo in your post or on your cards also, but there should be an apostrophe in "we're," as in "We're tying the knot."

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
haha it says "We're" i was just writing the post really quick!! Thanks for the heads up though!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Let's see some close-up pictures of those Save the Dates! It sounds amazing... and it must have taken you a looong time. The effort looks like it was worth it though.

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Iota: the stamping of the french lettering isnt easy to read.. its supposed to look kind of worn, I will try to upload some very soon! :)) Time consuming, yes... but not tooooo bad! Thanks again ladies!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I second the request for a close-up photo!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Can you post a link to this thread (and the rose one) and a few pictures (maybe bigger ones) into The Big DIY Thread stickied on the top of the BWW forum? If the thread is closed just message admin to get it reopened. These are great projects and having the link in there would be so helpful for future brides to see your projects!

LOVE those Save the Dates!

nicoleben

Shiny_Rock
Yes I will definately be doing that tonight! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results