shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY Invites are done! (Pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine, they''re gorgeous!! Job VERY well done!!

Which parts did you have printed (color copied?) at Kinkos, and how much did it end up costing since you had them use your paper?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks msb and Harleigh!!!!! Harleigh I don''t think i saw your invites?? But I did see you luggage tags and loved them!!!!!!!!

Ladyciel, I had the entire thing done in color copies. SirSpeedy (whom I don''t recommend for local brides) charged me $.69 for each sheet (8.5x11). I think kinkos charged me the same...I don''t remember exactly because I only printed the tags there and that was only like 4 pages. For those for pages and some cutting they did for me it was under $8.00 (and each cut is $1.50)...so the range has to be right around $0.9 per sheet.

They have a special now for 0.49 but at my local store they said for cardstock copies they charged a bit more.

I hope that helps!! :)))

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Oh...one little setback and bad news
38.gif

My friend got her invite today and the post office caused a little damage
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

It''s not much...mainly the accommodations card (the last insert) has some smear marks (which you can tell are from running the invites down a machine).

The outer envelope looked HORRIBLE though....but I have no idea what I could have done differently to prevent that!!!.

I had them hand canceled and it still looks like it went through the machine (because they have the ugly black stamp). Does that make any sense? why get them hand canceled then???. I was so upset today when I saw it. I put so much effort on them so it''s just sad to know that they didn''t arrive as they were supposed to
15.gif

Oh well...one of many things that I am sure can go wrong...I better not think about it anymore!

M~

mrchips

Rough_Rock
don't stress about it. it can happen to anyone.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Mandarine, your invites are gorgeous and look totally professional! I''m certainly a DIY-er, but I don''t know I''f I''d have the patience for that!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
You''re right mr.chips...I guess I am somewhat emotionally attached to the invites...LOL. Oh well...I just have to not think about it!!.

Thank you Calicushion and F.Mrs.PolkaDot!!

9.gif

M~

mrchips

Rough_Rock
they''re awesome.

I know I told you once before but I can''t get over how good they look.

If you don''t mind, how much did they cost you per invite if you add it up.

Reason I ask, is because at the local wedding show the places wanted $8-9 each per invite.

Crazy talk I say.

We''re doing pocketfolds but haven''t decided on style yet.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hi! Thanks for the compliments...

With all my mistakes it was about $3.50 per invite. It would have been less than $3.00 if:

- I would just have gone directly to Kinkos instead of trying a print shop that I thought would do a better job!. They charged me $15.00 per file as a "rip charge"...I called it a "rip off charge" because my files were all ready to go to the printer, they didn't have to touch them. So just in "rip" charges it was like $50...
- I didn't have to buy the green backing paper twice! the first one was the wrong color so I had to go and get new paper at the local store and have it cut....

Hope that helps!

M~

ETA: I also bought way too much paper and way too many envelopes...lol

mrchips

Rough_Rock
that''s awesome. 6 to 7 dollar saving.

perhaps if you wouldn''t mind, when it gets closer to the time i''ll ask you some specific questions about making them.

we have the design, i''ve seen it, just need to get everything in order.

AWESOME JOB ONCE AGAIN!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Tahnk you! No problem, just page me here...

I will probably be unable to answer anything from mid-February until I get back from the HM (first week of March or so)...other than that I will be here
9.gif

M~

mrchips

Rough_Rock
yes it will probably middle of march when i''m on marck break.

one thing you can answer for me if you can, is where did you get your envelopes.

i''m now looking at cardsandpockets and pricing everything out.

i like to be ahead of the game and since we have to make 150 its going to take some time.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Here are all my vendors (just re-pasting form the first post on this thread in case you missed it :))

My vendors:

* Pocketfolds: cardsandpockets.com . I used the Signature pocketfold in Black. They were a pleasure to work with....fast service and very responsive to my questions!.

* Paper/Envelopes:

1) paperandmore.com. I bought the warm white linen paper and envelopes. I ended up printing in a different paper (that looked pretty much the same) because the printing companmy I used was having problems with the paper I brought in. I don''t think it was my paper...I think it was their copier!. I didn''t have any problems printing on the same paper at Kinkos!.

2) Green backing layer: I initially had ordered the sage pre-cut cardstock from LCIpaper.com and I did not like the color or quality. I ended up buying it at a local scrapbooking store and had it cut at Kinkos. I found the perfect shade to match the colors.

I highly recommend you get a sample before buying your paper!!

* Ribbon and other supplies: Michaels. Who doesn''t love Michaels?.

* Printing: I went to a local Sir Speedy and was not happy with the service. Save yourself money and go to Kinkos. (that''s where I printed the tags for the ribbons)

* Design: Me :)

* Fonts: Edwardian Script, Copperplate Light and windings2 (for the green design that goes under the damask design).

* Damask: Istockphoto.com.

* Cutting, assembly, etc: Me and some help from FI and FMIL! :)

Dutchgirlll

Rough_Rock
WOW!
36.gif
totally amazing you made this yourself!

I''m so sorry to hear that some didn''t arrive well, I hope the rest survived well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results