shape
carat
color
clarity

My DIY invitations-done and sent!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been working on these darn things on and off since last March, so it''s about time! At first, I was going to go very simple, and just use the pearl vellum overlaid on sparkly blue cardstock, with a graphic at the top. I thought that looked too plain, plus I wanted to secure the inserts in some way, so I ended up using the pocketfold idea after seeing so many clever uses of it here on PS. I''ll list all the sources for materials in another post.

The pictures are kind of crap, because I don''t have a dig. camera currently and was using FI''s Mac''s built-in (low-res) camera. You get the idea, though. First, the overview:

selkieinv1.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting married on a schooner, and my FI and I are sailors, so I wanted a nautical theme that was a little different from the seashells and palm trees of many pre-printed invitations. The compass graphic is actually a scanned and edited version of a rubber stamp I found at Michaels! This is a pic of the RSVP card (and also the STDs I sent out earlier). It's impossible to tell here, but the cardstock has little silver specks embedded in it.

selkieRSVP.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The pocketfolds are pearl cardstock, and I found this awesome double-sided satin ribbon to tie around them. It's blue on one side, ivory on the other, and has little stitch detailing on the edges.

selkiebow.jpg

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
I love the blue look, and the compass idea is so appropriate! How neat to be getting married on a schooner! I can''t wait to see the wedding pics!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The mailing envelopes are ecru with an antique pearl (almost champagne) lining. I used my handy little Photosmart printer to print the addresses on the front, and used clear return address labels (not shown) on the flap. The font is Snell Roundhand on the envelope and the invitation text, and Papyrus on the inserts.

SelkieEnv.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The materials came from all different sources. I cut it all (except the pocketfolds) to size myself, though if I had to do it again I''d go with standard precut stock if it was available.
The pearl vellum is from eBay, and isn''t anything special-any paper supplier will have it.
The original stamp was from Michaels, as were the little silver brads I used to attach the vellum to the blue cardstock.
The blue cardstock is called Micro sparkle Abysse, and was from California Paper Goods. A closeup pic is attached-it''s really cool cardstock.

MicroAbysseLG.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
The inserts and the A1 RSVP card and envelope are also from California Paper goods. They are called "Silver Specks." The look is very subtle: Silver Specks

The A7 outer envelope is from Invitation Outlet. I think it was on clearance.

The pocketfold is from Cards and Pockets. They have a nice customer photo gallery of DIY ideas: Gallery.

The ribbon was from M&J Trimming: www.mjtrim.com. Sample pic is attached.

Altogether, for about 25 invitations, this came to about $4.50 each, not including postage.

blueribbon.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that compass graphic...yum. The blue and white color scheme is so clean and classic, too..

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
One other thing about postage: the US Postal Service sells a combined sheet of $0.39 and $0.63 set "wedding stamps." It has 20 of each. The standard A7 wedding invitation (mine were 1.6oz) uses the 63 cent stamp, which you can see on the envelope pic above, and you use the 39 cent stamp to pre-stamp the RSVP. It''s a great idea.

Lil0818

Rough_Rock
They look great! I am so impressed - they do really look like they were professionally done. And I love the nautical theme - very unique and different, but classy at the same time!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone. Can you tell I love the color blue??

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
those are very very nice i like the whole look thats what i always had in mind when it comes to my time i think i would want something like that!!

and blue just for you!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Those are amazing! Good job Selkie!!! I just love that you were able to find double-sided ribbon!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sum! Hey, didn''t you have your engagement party this weekend??

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
yep, I''ll post about that in a minute!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
They really look professional. What a fantastic job you did. Can I just say how much I LOVE that double sided ribbon?!!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Selkie!
Your invites are sooo cool- LOVE the blue and white. Aren''t you glad you DIY''ed them?

How''s the rest of the planning going? The big day in in July, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results