shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is moving!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
Ok- I am recently engaged!!! YAH! MY boyfriend proposed in Italy 3 weeks ago... we went to pick out the diamond and setting a while ago.. and he did suprise me on our trip! Ive been wearing the ring and I can hear something rattling in my setting... the ^*()^*&()%&*)&##%@%^ diamond is moving!!!!!!!! I can touch it and its turning slightly!!!! I think the ring is loose b/c everytime i type.. the ring turns and the diamond moves all the way the bottom of my hand- the ring looks like a plain wedding band!!! IM SO AGGREVATED! Someone please tell me this is not normal? Is it possible for the setting to be too top heavy?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds horrible. I hope a pro. gets back to you, this doesn't sound right. Take the ring back to the jeweler to have this fixed ASAP

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to congratulate you!

Congratulations!

kim

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

it is very normal for diamonds to come loose several times within the first year of owning it. What kind of setting is it in. 4 claw seem to come loose the most, the diamond should never come out but always get it back to your jeweller ASAP. Also, another important fact is not to let your jewellery out of your sight. Do not take it into a mall jeweller and let them take it into a back room. Tightning a 4 claw litteraly takes 30 secs max! And it takes just that long to switch your stone!!! hope that helps.
4.gif

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
THANKS for the congrats and the advice ... im going tommorrow at 10 am!!!!!!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
You should not hear rattling. You should not be able to move the stone. The ring needs adjustment.

Good luck. GLad you are taking care of this promptly.

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
oh - and it's pretty normal for a ring to turn so that the diamond is on the wrong side of the hand. That tends to be the heaviest part of the ring and gravity does it's thing.

I currently wear a channel set band, and even that twists around so the diamonds are underneath and the gold band is on top.

That's why some rings have the squared shank - somehow it helps to prevent that turning. I'm not sure whether its because it is heavier or what, but it's supposed to help.

While you are getting the prongs tightened you should also verify that it's sized appropriately for your finger, a looser ring will be more likely to turn.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
A diamond ring fresh on your finger should not be loose, poor workmanship, get the ring back in and have it tightened. About the ring flipping upside down ? Maybe you should think about a smaller diamond up top so its not too top heavy
1.gif
Ok, nobody likes that answer
1.gif

Have it sized down and if you have bigger knuckles you might want to think about putting 2 balls inside the shank to help controll the turning. The jeweler you take it to can evaluate the problem.

MARIAV75

Rough_Rock
OH YEAH - I forgot to mention- the prongs were never fully tightened...my original jeweler did a horrible job on the original ring.. needless to say I wont go back there...
thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results