shape
carat
color
clarity

My diamond is glowing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mselestra

Rough_Rock
MY diamond is glowing, yesterday I was using a black light and my diamond was glowing a bright white> i read the other post out there about the blue but no this was white like a flashlight. . . .

I was told that the color was a H, I have not received the certs yet. and during the day it is appearing cloudly but when wet it looks purfect. . . .what gives. this does not look like the diamond I first pick out. . . . :angryfire:

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
I am not an expert, but does your diamond have blue fluorescence? If you are not happy with the diamond, maybe you might want to consider returning it before your time runs out on the return policy. From what I have read, fluorescence can cause a cloudy look, but this is not always the case.

What lab graded this diamond? When you say that this does not look like the diamond that you purchased, do you mean outside of the jewelry store lighting? Have you put your proportions in the HCA advisor to see where this diamond falls?

:))

mselestra

Rough_Rock
The diamond is a H color other then that I do not know, I am waiting for the information to be sent to me with the other information. I have noticed that then the stone is wet it is really pretty but when dry it does have a slight cloudy look to it. does this flourence that it is showing thru affect the value?:confused:

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds like very strong blue white fluoro has an effect in daylight, the water is screening out the UV light.

You might consider returning it if you are going to be in daylight with high UV content a lot.

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
Hi! I am just curious at where you have purchased this diamond that you are still waiting for the cert and information on it. I personally would not want a diamond that looked cloudy unless in water. There are so many options out there - you really should take the time to look and see what is available. What size is the diamond that you purchased? If the diamond has a strong blue fluorescence, it will effect the value of the diamond - especially if it is displaying cloudy.

Hope that this helps! Like I said, I am no expert - just have loved reading and learning all that I could during our buying experience. Cut Nut is one of the experts on here.

mselestra

Rough_Rock
For starters I went to helzburg diamonds, :rolleyes: . The ring that I like had a lower qty diamond in it so I requested another stone. . . The one that they ??switched?? it with was really nice, from what I remember and shined and was clear under the lighting conditions in the store from that I thought. But now that I have the ring out in the normal lighting condition of my work or out in the sun and house, it seems to not sparkle like I first thougt. Now I was not the person that picked up the ring from the store after the stone was replaced and the sizing so who knows what really happened. i just know that I am not all that happy with it. . . it is a 1/3ct Marquee(sp) cut. :devil:

ChetLaura

Rough_Rock
We had our diamond set at a Helzburg Diamonds, and they have a full 100 day refund policy. You sound like you are very unhappy with the diamond - I would not keep something that was nagging at me, like your diamond seems to be doing to you.

I don't know if you have researched the cut of diamonds at all, but if you do decide to return it - it might be worth your time to learn a little more about the 4 c's. This site has some great information!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results