shape
carat
color
clarity

My completed invitations! Finally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock

I just wanted to share some fotos of my invitations. We don''t mail them out until the end of May, but I''m too excited not to share! They took forever to design, print, assemble, but it was exactly what I envisioned. My bmaid dresses are a royal blue, hence the blue pocketfold. The mat color is a champagne, and the main invite and enclosures are a light ivory.

Pocketfolds, mat, and square labels: www.cardsandpockets.com

Stardream paper: www.anchorpaper.com (the cheapest site I''ve found for Stardream)

Ribbon: www.papermart.com (I think that''s where I got it)

Envelopes: www.envelopemall.com and www.lcipaper.com

Thermography printing: copy.com here in Houston (well worth the extra $$)

Envelope liners: wrapping paper from Container Store

Invites! 013a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Map and accomodations card

Invites! 009a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Reception card

Invites! 010a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Reply card (this was the hardest decision to make on how to make it so that people wouldn''t invite other family members/friends. My family is notorious for that!)

Invites! 011a.JPG

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! I really like the color combination and the fonts! How exciting!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
We decided not to have our name plastered everywhere (not that it''s a bad thing, but I wanted to have my guests feel like we put a personal touch to their invite) so we printed out name cards for each invitation. This was in lieu of an inner envelope. This would tell you who was invited. This one was just one example.

Invites! 014a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some of them laid out...

Invites! 001a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
And here is the most exciting part for me. I lined all of the envelopes. I was crazy to decide to do it, because it took FOREVER. I had 140 invites to make! I''m nuts, right???
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Invites! 005a.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
And finally with the invite put with my labor intensive envelopes. I hope at least some of the guests appreciate and NOTICE the hard work and don''t just throw them in the trash. I know most will, but for all of my friends out there that appreciate details like me, I know it''s worth it!

All done! Now I just have to wait until they send out!

Invites! 006a.JPG

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those look fantastic - I''d certainly be impressed if I was a guest and I got that invitation!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love the color combo and that envelope lining is MOST IMPRESSIVE! Seriously, well done!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I CAN''T FRIGGIN BELIEVE YOU DID THOSE ON YOUR OWN!!!!!!!! I paid big bucks to have mine look like that! They''re so nicely done - absolutely gorgeous. If I got that in the mail, I would NEVER throw it out.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that you lined your envelopes. It is that extra touch that really pulls everything together. They look awesome!!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
OH WOW! Those are some of the most impressive and stylish invitations I''ve seen! I''m totally using them as inspiration.

Actually I''ve been looking for pocket folds in that exact color metallic blue - can you remember the name of the color you used from Cards & Pockets (maybe sapphire or persian blue)?

Again, really really lovely invites!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooh, I love, love LOVE them!

They are just gorgeous.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. I''m going to have to copy the wording from your RSVP cards.

I think they are gorgeous! You''re making me question my decision to go with straight ol'' black instead of a blue...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Lanie, they are gorgeous!!! I love the name cards
30.gif

Ok, not ONLY are we getting married on the same day (103 days, woohoo!!!)... we almost decided to have our ceremoney at St Luke's Methodist!!! LOL!!! We would have been getting married right down the street from each other!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
They look great!
36.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
They look fabulous AND you were able to get some really great creative touches in too! I have to say that I''m super jealous that my DIY invites aren''t coming along as beautifully as yours did
21.gif

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Lanie, if you don''t mind me asking - how did you actually print them? Also, did you mount the invites on another piece of card stock yourself? If you did, how did you do it? And did you cut the paper to the proper sizes yourself or were they pre-cut? Sorry for the flood of questions - I''m hoping I''ll be able to make mine look at least half as nice as yours
9.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Aw I love it! I don''t think you''re crazy for lining the envelopes they look fantastic!!!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Yea!!!
36.gif
I''m glad you guys like them.

Inanna: They were sapphire. Get a sample from cardsandpockets. They were the vendor that took the longest as far as mailing out samples, but it''s worth it to see it. From my monitor, the color that shows up in the photo is the exact color.

Freke: Shut it. I loved your STD''s. So I think your invites will look just as good! But yes, the blue would look good with your color scheme....
27.gif

Meresal: No way! Hahaha! That''s such a coincidence. I remember seeing your font on your invites and thinking to myself that I really liked yours, and mine are somewhat similar. You even have that swirly thing on yours! Thanks for the compliments bc I consider you a very stylish girl, so it means a lot!

Winslet: Side note --> I meant to comment earlier to you that your dress applique was what made ME question the simplicity of my dress! I saw yours and figured I could do something similar! I was seriously on Ebay looking for rhinestone and sparkly appliques! I was meaning to do that, but never got the chance.
3.gif
Now about the invites...my FI designed everything on Photoshop, and we just took the file to the local printer who did our thermography printing. It''s more expensive but well worth it. For the actual invite (we request the honour of your presence card), I glued those to cardstock which I bought through cards and pockets as well. All of their invitation mats come in all of the cardstock colors. They are precut to fit whatever pocketfold you buy. They were not that expensive and really dressed it up. As far as the cutting, we had crop marks on the Photoshop file, and the lady at the printer cut everything for us for like 50 bucks. There were a LOT of cuts, so I would have really been going nuts to do that myself. I know you can buy precut inserts on cardsandpockets, but printing on those is really hard to do. You could feed them through your printer, but that would take f o r e v e r. It''s best to order 8.5 x 11, print 2 or 3 inserts per sheet, and cut them yourself, or have someone cut them.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
these are gorgeous!

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:34:38 PM
Author: Lanie
Yea!!!
36.gif

Winslet: Side note --> I meant to comment earlier to you that your dress applique was what made ME question the simplicity of my dress! I saw yours and figured I could do something similar! I was seriously on Ebay looking for rhinestone and sparkly appliques! I was meaning to do that, but never got the chance.
3.gif
Now about the invites...my FI designed everything on Photoshop, and we just took the file to the local printer who did our thermography printing. It''s more expensive but well worth it. For the actual invite (we request the honour of your presence card), I glued those to cardstock which I bought through cards and pockets as well. All of their invitation mats come in all of the cardstock colors. They are precut to fit whatever pocketfold you buy. They were not that expensive and really dressed it up. As far as the cutting, we had crop marks on the Photoshop file, and the lady at the printer cut everything for us for like 50 bucks. There were a LOT of cuts, so I would have really been going nuts to do that myself. I know you can buy precut inserts on cardsandpockets, but printing on those is really hard to do. You could feed them through your printer, but that would take f o r e v e r. It''s best to order 8.5 x 11, print 2 or 3 inserts per sheet, and cut them yourself, or have someone cut them.

Thanks so much for the invitation help!! I think you''ve solved all of my invitation-making struggles. Also, in reference to your dress, you have no need to accessorize with any sort of applique, brooch, or anything else - that amazing, luxurious fabric does enough to keep your dress far from being too simple. I LOVE it just as it is
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
They look amazing! Really beautiful and classy looking!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:34:38 PM
Author: Lanie
Yea!!!
36.gif

Meresal: No way! Hahaha! That''s such a coincidence. I remember seeing your font on your invites and thinking to myself that I really liked yours, and mine are somewhat similar. You even have that swirly thing on yours! Thanks for the compliments bc I consider you a very stylish girl, so it means a lot!
Aww, Lanie, thanks! Mine actually came in last week, so once I find a calligrapher, I will post some pictures
9.gif
I do have a swirl at the bottom of mine. FMIL actually did something kind of cool, and had it added to the RD invite as well, to tie them all together.
Just to say again, I really can''t stop looking at your invites, I really love those colors!! You did an awesome job!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I have nothing more to say than the fact that these are FABULOUS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love doing crafts, and can only HOPE that I can make mine look this good when the time comes!! You have some major talent, girl.

I did have one question - I really like the RSVP card wording. Where it says "___ of ___ accept", would their choices be "1 of 2 accept" or "0 of 2" or "2 of 2"? Or is the second blank for something different? I was just wondering if that's something that can be filled in before you send them, or are there different options for the guest to put there?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie, I'm very impressed. Those are gorgeous!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they''re fab! I wish I was as prepared as you with the invites. Need to get off my ass and get them done! I love the blue colour on them.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:04:40 AM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Wow. I have nothing more to say than the fact that these are FABULOUS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love doing crafts, and can only HOPE that I can make mine look this good when the time comes!! You have some major talent, girl.

I did have one question - I really like the RSVP card wording. Where it says ''___ of ___ accept'', would their choices be ''1 of 2 accept'' or ''0 of 2'' or ''2 of 2''? Or is the second blank for something different? I was just wondering if that''s something that can be filled in before you send them, or are there different options for the guest to put there?
Hi luvthemstrawberries, and thank you!

Yes, the ___ of ___ accept would be 1 of 2 accept or 3 of 3 accept, etc. I''m wondering if I should write in 2 or 3 or whatever the case may be. I don''t want it to be confusing, and I DEFINITELY don''t want my crazy aunts tacking on more guests than I have the budget or room for! I hope they understand what I mean!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results