shape
carat
color
clarity

My chair rail is really ugly...right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
*****EDITED- I bought new tile and molding!!!

I know it's ugly. It looked so different in the store
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

It's going with subway tile.

To make matters worse, the tile is red body and the very edge of the bullnose is not glazed....
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Ugly caulk will have to fix it.

AND NOW, I think my hex floor tile is too small. It's supposed to be 1inch hex but it measures 3/4 inch
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I don't even want to do this anymore. That's how much I hate the cap rail. I'm trying to find a match from another manu. Impossible.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

chairrail.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 3
6.gif
6.gif
8 PM
Author:moremoremore
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I know it''s ugly. It looked so different in the store
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

It''s going with subway tile.

To make matters worse, the tile is red body and the very edge of the bullnose is not glazed....
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Ugly caulk will have to fix it.

AND NOW, I think my hex floor tile is too small. It''s supposed to be 1inch hex but it measures 3/4 inch
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I don''t even want to do this anymore. That''s how much I hate the cap rail. I''m trying to find a match from another manu. Impossible.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
39.gif
39.gif
It doesn''t look so bad. Maybe it will look differently once it''s up? As far as the hex tiles, are they in sheets on mesh backing? Maybe they''re figuring in the grout joints in the measurements?
33.gif
I''ll see if I can figure it out. I''m still a little confused on how you''re installing the bullnose. Will it be up and down along a wall or flat on a level surface? Can you maybe take a photo of what you''ll be putting it on? Sorry..I''m a visual person
40.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
it looks real bad. It''s butt ugly!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
You know it is...
41.gif

I''ll try to take pix, but picture this:
Pretend that you''re going through a doorway....that''s the entrance to my shower....on the inside of the doorway you have subway tile starting...and the bullnose edge will be facing you and forming the beginning of a corner... I hate it.

My hubby actually said I could reorder the American Olean I wanted. But I paid about $1300-1400 for this ugly sh*t.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yuck!! that is hideous!! what were you thinking?

just kidding! i''m not sure how differently you think it''s supposed to be.....but it looks like a nice white chair rail to me!
which edge of the bullnose is not glazed? ....are you going to see the unglazed part?

okay, so i just went and measured my tile.....the tiles are 7 1/2".. with the grout, they measure 8" it seems a likely scenario, that the grout is a factor in the measurement. with grout, yours would probably be an inch! .......voila!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 3:40:52 PM
Author: moremoremore
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
it looks real bad. It''s butt ugly!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
You know it is...
41.gif

I''ll try to take pix, but picture this:
Pretend that you''re going through a doorway....that''s the entrance to my shower....on the inside of the doorway you have subway tile starting...and the bullnose edge will be facing you and forming the beginning of a corner... I hate it.

My hubby actually said I could reorder the American Olean I wanted. But I paid about $1300-1400 for this ugly sh*t.
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Will they not take it back? I know that when h2b has tile left over that the customers don''t want he can take it back. I don''t know if they''ll charge a restocking fee since it''s the entire amount ordered but I know he does it all of the time.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 3:48:38 PM
Author: belle
yuck!! that is hideous!! what were you thinking?

just kidding! i''m not sure how differently you think it''s supposed to be.....but it looks like a nice white chair rail to me!
which edge of the bullnose is not glazed? ....are you going to see the unglazed part?

okay, so i just went and measured my tile.....the tiles are 7 1/2''.. with the grout, they measure 8'' it seems a likely scenario, that the grout is a factor in the measurement. with grout, yours would probably be an inch! .......voila!
Thank you much
9.gif
I thought that but didn''t want to say for sure. It does vary at times depending on how wide they make the grout joints. If done correctly then they will measure the exact measurement quoted.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I''m confused. Please splain. I am seriously thinking about going to Home Depot and ordering the daltile that I like. A lot. It will come to peanuts. I just won''t buy a Louis. And I''ll sell my stuff on ebay?????

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 4:32:43 PM
I''m confused. Please splain. I am seriously thinking about going to Home Depot and ordering the daltile that I like. A lot. It will come to peanuts. I just won''t buy a Louis. And I''ll sell my stuff on ebay?????
Do wha'', huh? Where did you buy the tile that you have now but don''t want? Many places will take it back and just restock it (might have to pay a restocking fee) and if you ordered too much tile and don''t want to keep what''s left over you can take it back and they''ll ''buy it back'' per tile. That''s why at Lowe''s and Home Depot they often have individual tiles for sale or you can buy it by the box. At least that''s been my experience with them. Same thing with the larger tile distributors in Charlotte. Like Dal Tile, American Olean, etc. If he wants to return the left overs he can get a credit or they''ll just give him the difference for what''s left over. Since he does such a high volume of business with these companies they don''t usually charge him a restocking fee if the customer changes their mind after it''s been ordered and delivered. If it''s a HUGE amount they probably will charge to restock or if it''s an uncommon style/color/etc..they''ll charge to return it because they can''t take up space in their warehouse for something they probably won''t get rid of easily. So, I''d call whoever you bought it from and see what their return policy is. It might just turn out to be a good thing.
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
NO returns on special orders. None. I have, however, become *one* with my tile decision LOL...I have wasted money. Yes. But I am psycho and will not be happy. Serenity now. That''s right! LOL...I will sell on ebay. I will buy my beautiful daltile and my bathroom will be beautiful.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2005 5
6.gif
6.gif
5 PM
NO returns on special orders. None. I have, however, become *one* with my tile decision LOL...I have wasted money. Yes. But I am psycho and will not be happy. Serenity now. That''s right! LOL...I will sell on ebay. I will buy my beautiful daltile and my bathroom will be beautiful.
Oooooooooooooooo...special order. Yeah..that''s a tough one. But at least you''ll still get the bathroom you want and not settle with anything else simply because you''ve already got the tile. Besides, even if you did do it with what you got chances are great that you''d end up redoing it later down the line anyway. This way you''ll cut out the next tile headache and be happy with it from the get-go.
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

THIS IS THE HAPPIEST MOMENT OF....WELL, maybe my month...ok, YEAR!!!!

THIS IS IT. I can''t freaking believe it. I looked and looked and the people at Home Depot are worthless and so are the people at Daltile. I had to join another forum...GASP....a tile forum to learn that this Daltile comes in MATTE!!!! It matches my hex flooring perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should I use the black sizzle strip???? This stuff was BURIED on the web site. BURIED.

p.s. This guy is using grey grout. I will be using white. I AM SO HAPPY.

daltilematte.jpg

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
the cool subway look. That's nice! Glad you found the tile forum . So how'd it come out?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results