shape
carat
color
clarity

My Casablanca vs. My Maggie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
I drove out to College Station to try on the Casablanca I''ve been waiting on. Here it is! I think the top layer of tulle makes it a little too full, but I''d like to hear what you think. The detail is BEAUTIFUL!!

They also had my Maggie, only this time it was in pink. I thought it''d be a good idea to try these two on back to back and couldn''t hurt to get more photos of me in it!

ccasa1863.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a side view of the Casablanca. You can really see the tulle puff from the dress.

ccasa1863side.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the back.

ccasa1863back.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the detail. I love that there''s some swirlies- makes it really unique.

ccasa1863detail.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the Maggie, in pink!

c5049pink.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the same from another day.

cbrickhouse 001.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s a photo of the back, without a veil hiding it.

c5049back.jpg

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I LOVE the Casablanca, and I don''t think it''s too full AT ALL!!! I have to say, I do NOT like the Maggie in pink. I think it''s just that hte bottom hadn''t been fluffed out, but on the pic of it in pink you can''t see the great shape it has at the bottom. For me, for some reason, that makes me not like the slim shape of it on you as much. Hopefully it''s just that it wasn''t fixed right though...you''ve got a tough decision to make!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I think I prefer the Casablanca on you too. It''s the sort of thing where I might have been a bit ''huh?'' on the hanger, but on you it looks very flattering!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the Maggie would DEFINITELY get ordered in WHITE silk, not pink!!
emwink.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, looking at the white silk again. It''s a toss-up.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
I think both look excellent on you; it just depends what type of look you're going for.

The first dress with the tulle seems more like "i'm a fairy princess;" a younger style (though the uniqueness of the embroidery matures it a lil). It's not MAJOR cinderella tulle of 3 years ago though so that's nice. And you're def. wearing the dress..the dress isn't wearing you.

The second dress is more sophisticated/elegant/timeless. I don't know your personality at all, but just from the picture it seems to suit you more. However, it doesn't have the dramatic back/flair of the first one.

As you can tell from my descriptions, I'm not a tulle girl myself and so prefer the 2nd one. Maybe you could find something like the 2nd dress with a little bit more drama if this version is too understated?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not even close for me...Casablanca all the way! I LOVE it on you! It looks by far the best of any of the dresses you have tried on. It''s elegant, yet unique, and still bridal. I am just not a fan of the Maggie in the same way. It looks nice on you, but I don''t get the wow feeling. The Casablanca is fabulous, I am so glad you found it to try on!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
hands down, the maggie. it looks like it was made for you!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I loved the Maggie on you from the get-go....but now that I see the Casablanca - it just seems a bit more magical on you - I love the unique-ness of the tulle on the skirt - it does not look too full - it gives it that extra "something" to make it that much more special...I love it!

prbaglady

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ive been reading your threads whenever there''s a new post, but never posted myself because i didn''t really have a strong opinion on the dresses you tried on. they looked great on you, but there was nothing "WOW" about them. The maggie flatters your figure, but it just feels too generic, and not special enough, and from what i can tell, you seem to be looking for a dress that''s spectacular and just a little bit different. Well, i had to post tonight, because i LOVE the Casablanca on you! your waist looks sooooo tiny- it really suits your figure. You look skinny and curvy at the same time! and the detailing is very unique and elegant. It makes you look special, and you almost look TOO comfortable in the maggie dress, like you''ve had it for years and have worn it before. Yes, the maggie is more of a "princess" dress, but it''s not at all poofy, and you''re young, so you can pull it off. Plus the maggie has no interesting back detail, and during the ceremony, that''s all people really see of you. I say go for the Casablanca. You only get married once, so this is your one chance to wear that perfect, glamourous fairy tale dress. you can get that Maggie in a dark color and wear it to any old formal event- go for the Casablanca!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Bam! You did it!
36.gif
You finally found us one that has WOW factor!!!

The Casablanca is my favorite! It is so beautiful. I love how the tulle begins on a diagonal...and not until it is kissed by that incredible detail work. You covered our request of more of a sweetheart neckline...and it looks just perfect on you. I love how the dress is fitted to make you look like a woman...in all your glory. It catches all your curves and your incredible waist...and then BAM!!! You get this Cinderella flowy dream skirt accented in rich detail. Sorry to contradict the other poster...but this dress to me looks like you! The back is so dreamy. This looks like you really shopped for the perfect dress. (the tulle is NOT TOO much...it adds a layer of dreamy wonder!!)

The maggie I believe I supported in your other thread. I did like it best in all that were to choose from. But comparing it to the Casablanca....(oh dear forgive me...) it looks like a dinner dress. The bottom hem just ends. I can see someone wearing it to the opera or a black tie event. It doesn''t express wedding to me. It is incredible, and your figure is vavavoom in it...but it no longer has that aura of extravagance...elegance...specialness...or YOUNESS.

Ok, now that I have ruined your ideas...on the Maggie...they are both lovely on you. I just LOVE the Casablanca!!!

DKS

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the Casablanca!

It just looks soft and pretty and very lovely on you.

The maggie just looks a bit ordinary to me.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Casablanca! Like I mentioned in the other thread, the Maggie looks great on you... but it doesn''t do anything that the Casablanca doesn''t, and the Casablanca''s detailing is so pretty and the back is SO gorgeous! It''s very, very pretty.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Casablanca!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Disclaimer: All I know of you is what I've read in these posts and what I've seen in you photos. These latest photos are helpful because they show the lights and shadows created by the Maggie more clearly than your earlier pics.

The Maggie is the most sophisticated looking of the dresses you've shared with us so far. What I'm reading from that is that you're a more down-to-earth girl at heart, and it might just be more on the outer edge of your comfort level where sophistication is concerned. It's also a more mature-looking dress. A long-legged 20-year old with a va-va-voom bod might be able to wear that dress without looking older, but for the most part I think that dress would tend to age younger women. That deep v neckline also appears to make your legs look shorter. The neckline on the casablanca dress seems to be right for you; it looks feminine and very natural on you. I also love the swirlies on the bodice, and I think they're better on you than the horizontal lines created by the Maggie.

Both of these latest pictures suggest that you might be somewhat long-waisted (longer than "average", whatever that is, from the shoulder to the waist.) If that's the case, have you tried on any dresses with an empire waistline? I know that's a different look from what you've been trying on -- and very hard to find! -- but it might be very flattering on you.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
You look great in both dresses. But the Casablanca is just "WOW" with all the details. It''s more bridal.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
The casablanca is perfection on you. The neckline is more flatering, the swirls are unique and I think the tulle is just the right poofiness for your figure. The maggie is nice, but exceptionally generic. It looks like it is waiting to be finished.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
This is totally a strange answer since I don''t know you..but to me, the Casablance Suits you. The Maggie...you don''t look as comortable to me?? does that make sense? As I scrolled the page I saw the Casablanca and said"oh that''s nice!!" and than the Maggie and thought "hmmm...that''s not her".. lol
like I know you.

Anywho, let us know what you decide!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
CASABLANCA!!! I agree with the majority that this is a WOW dress! I definitely don''t think it looks too poofy either.

Seeing the maggie in different lighting makes me like it less. I also prefer the casablanca''s neckline
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
The Casablanca looks like a perfect choice
1.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that Maggie. But honey.. Casablanca ALL THE WAY! As DKS said... BAM!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I like the casablanca!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore the Maggie in White on you-I think it looks gogeous!

ang3199

Brilliant_Rock
My vote goes to the casablanca. It seems to flatter you the most.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results