shape
carat
color
clarity

My bridesmaids'' jewelry just came in and I hate it...need advice :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zekele

Rough_Rock
So I have three bridesmaids and they are wearing red halter-neck tea-length dresses from David''s Bridal at my wedding on 12/31/06 (eeek!). They asked me what they should do for jewelry. I told ''em I would select and order their jewelry for them, assured them I would pick something pretty and reuseable for them. I thought that black accented jewelry would look nice with the red dresses, and black is also plenty reuseable. So after doing a lot of browsing, I ordered these: http://www.annabellagio.com/product/012578.shtml with black pearls (that link shows the necklace in green). Also ordered the matching bracelet and earrings. Well, the jewelry just arrived and I am less than thrilled with it
7.gif
. The black is more of a polished dark grey (think hematite) and the overall design just looks cheap and very unlike bridal jewelry. Now I''m afraid that my bridesmaids will hate them, and considering that my wedding is in five days I can''t devote much time to finding replacement jewelry.

What should I do? What would you do? Also any brutally honest feedback on my selection, from what you can tell in that link, would be appreciated. Anyone ordered from Anna Bellagio before?

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hey hon,
So sorry about your jewelry situation. I would call the company and make sure they sent me noir and not hematite (because hematite is a color choice if you look under the pearl colors). If it is hematite, ask if they can next day air (if it''s the color only thats bugging you). If everything about it bugs. . .i suggest gettin your butt to a target. :) Target is awesome for quick-fix jewelry. They divide everything by section. I know off-hand they have a black section and a silver section. Either of these would be good with a red dress. If you want to stick with a necklace, I would say a simple drop-style silver necklace would elongate your girls and would look great with either their hair up or down. :)
B000A8B5QK.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

This one''s from Target and it''s $20 and it has a great rating. There are also earrings, if you want to stay with the whole "black pearl thing."

Buuuuut. . . with a halter, I usually just wear chandelier earrings. They frame your face beautifully. And since the cut of the dress already kind of draws attention downward, a necklace might bring too much attention to the ta-tas. :) (at least it does on me. haha). Target has great chandelier earrings. And cheap. Or, if you are in Cali, Mervyn''s or Kohl''s. :) Hope this helps.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the above poster. A halter dress really doesn''t need a necklace. I think it just makes the neckline look busy, IMO. I think all you need are chandelier earrings - you can probably find some on sale now at Target, Claire''s , Kohl''s, etc. I''d just return the stuff you ordered.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I third the opinion. A necklace is not great with a halter since you have straps on the neck and then adding a chain would look lumpy to me. Do a really pretty drop or chandelier earring and possibly a pretty bangle or other bracelet...I would return the stuff, and if the overall quality is not to your liking, I think Target is a great idea. Yellow gold and red are nice and warm for NY eve, or silver or black work as well... good luck...

ky6

Shiny_Rock
I definitely agree with the above posts....no necklace needed with a halter. Some pretty drop earrings should be all you need.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely...with a halter dress...some nice earrings.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
5th or 7th or whatever it is by now about nice earrings, no necklace. Although with your wedding 2 days away, this has probably already been taken care of. Happy wedding!

zekele

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for your input. Although I completely agree with all of you about some nice earrings to set off the halter neckline, it turns out that the bridesmaids actually like the jewelry I originally selected! And it looks nice with the dresses too. I don''t know what I got so freaked out about :). Though, if I could do it over again, I''d have just picked some really pretty dangly earrings. Oh well! :)

Thanks again!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2006 3:15:23 AM
Author: zekele
Thanks so much everyone for your input. Although I completely agree with all of you about some nice earrings to set off the halter neckline, it turns out that the bridesmaids actually like the jewelry I originally selected! And it looks nice with the dresses too.
That''s all that matters! Glad it worked out and you don''t have to go searching for something else.
1.gif

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Glad it all worked out.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
sometimes we get ourselves worked up and it turns out to be for nothing which is a nice change!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results