shape
carat
color
clarity

My Bridesmaid''s Dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Ladies!

My bridesmaid's dresses have been ordered and they are fantastic - all of them are wearing Mori Lee, and they chose whatever style they liked - they are all different and so beautiful on. Thought i would share with you the different styles - all are coming in "teal" which is a really lovely dark peacock blue. None of the pics are that color though....

Everyone will be wearing their own choice of silver shoes and probably some sort of sparkly pin (if the dress doesn't already have sparkles...). You can see one of the pins on BM 1. The dresses are all cocktail length, with the exception of my sister, who is newly pregnant (yay
9.gif
). She'll probably shorten hers, but if she chooses not to, that's fine with me!

Bridesmaid 1....

bmaid1forviolet3.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BM 2 - this dress was way too big for her, but i love the 50s style of it....

amy 063.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Above were the only 2 i have actual pictures of - here are the other three on the models :) How cute are these buttons?

BM dress number3violet3.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BM #4!

BM4forviolet.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my maid of honor - my incredible sister - who is now newly pregnant, but no one is sure how big she will be by the wedding. So she picked this gorgeous style which will look great long or short and will at least make her "feel" pregnant rather than chubby (hopefully)
1.gif

BMdressforviole5.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And my dress....also mori lee.

morileeforviolet2.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adoreable shoes selected by BM 1 to go with her dress :)

BM1 shoes for violet.jpg

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the color teal that all the bridesmaid's dresses will come in - the chiffon is slightly lighter (ie the top and bottom of the dress) and the satin band in the middle is the color of all three satin dresses. I'm hoping the teal and silver will be wiintery without being xmas-y.

thanks for looking!

thecolortealforvioletbmdress.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
They all look fabulous! And I love your color!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 7:49:48 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
They all look fabulous! And I love your color!
Thanks ilovesparkles! Have you chosen a color/bm dress yet? I loved the dress you chose from Davids - it looks great on you!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
lovely choices, violet! the color is gorgeous too!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lulu!

Oh, i forgot to add that my lovely bridesmaid #2 (in red) gave me an adoreable clutch for my birthday (two days ago) and i am thinking of using it for the wedding - it's so cute!

violetnewpurseforbday.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
You are the type of bride all bridesmaids dream of...all your girls will look spectacular in their dresses, and I''m sure they''ll love you forever for that!!! I LOVE the teal color, too! It''s so pretty, and I think you''re right on with wintery but not Christmas-y...

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 10:08:13 PM
Author: vc10um
You are the type of bride all bridesmaids dream of...all your girls will look spectacular in their dresses, and I'm sure they'll love you forever for that!!! I LOVE the teal color, too! It's so pretty, and I think you're right on with wintery but not Christmas-y...
Oh i hope so vc10um - I am not a young bride by any means and I've been a bridesmaid numerous times, so i know what it can feel like to wear something that you don't feel is "you." I was originally set on anything in satin - but one bmaid couldn't find anything she loved, and then my sister got pregnant (
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
) , so we said ok, whatever material in teal you would like.

I was really hoping that my bridesmaids could find something they felt spectacular in, because they really are such an incredible group of women and they are GORGEOUS!

thank you so much for your kind words!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Great dresses!!! The color is great!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks princessplease!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Violet, all the dresses are gorgeous!!! Those are going to look wonderful!! Love our gown and the shoes and clutch will go well with the bridal party ensemble!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see everyone''s shoes! Love that you''re having everyone in the same color, but a style that suits them--such a great idea!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 11:07:35 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Violet, all the dresses are gorgeous!!! Those are going to look wonderful!! Love our gown and the shoes and clutch will go well with the bridal party ensemble!
Thank you luckyeshe! the above shoes are one of my bridesmaid''s, and I am going to dye my shoes (not yet picked out) to match the color of the BM dresses - i think it will be pretty if my shoes peep out now and again :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2009 11:17:40 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I want to see everyone''s shoes! Love that you''re having everyone in the same color, but a style that suits them--such a great idea!
Yay shoes! I posted one BM shoes above - so cute and she can definitely pull them off with that sleek dress she''s wearing! As to the others, i dont think they''ve selected them yet (most of them). One BM JUST bought an adoreable pair from Nine West - i''ll see if i can find something similar to them to show you. Bonus for her that she doesn''t have to buy any!

p.s. Freke! your silver peep toe is one that i emailed my BMs and thought would be perfect b/c of the moderate heel height! love love love them!

Similar shoe to BM 2 below...only her''s is silver satin.

BM2shoeforviolet.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I love that they''ll pick their own dresses... it is very fun!
36.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
All the dresses are lovely and I like the colour.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
great choices by all!! i like that they are all different but will work great together too.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dresses! I also let my girls pick their own dresses and shoes, provided the dresses were all tea-length satin Alfred Angelo designs in celadon, and the shoes were silver. It sounds like there were a lot of constraints, but in reality there were a ton of dresses to choose from, and I really enjoyed going shopping with each one. I''m just happy they all picked different designs so they all got their first choice! They ended up with a beautiful mix just like yours: 1 V-neck, 1 strapless, 1 beaded spaghetti strap, and 1 plain spaghetti strap.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I did the same thing violet! My girls chose from about a billion chiffon dresses by Jasmine and each ended up with one they loved. Yay!!

I love the choices, they''ll look fab together!
36.gif

diamondgirl4382

Shiny_Rock
That last dress you posted to show the color was my exact bridesmaids dresses for my wedding! We did the teal color too...it was such a flattering color on everyone.

I love how your bridesmaids picked their own individual dresses--they will all look AND feel fabulous I''m sure! All of the dresses they chose are beautiful!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks tlh, oddeoneout, and marlie! I am so excited to see them all together and with their own unique styles :)

Jstar - i saw your pictures and I love the different styles! I just think it''s so pretty with some difference from person to person - and i actually had a great time shopping with each one individually too!

Sunnyd - I remember looking at your BM dress search - so happy you found something you and all the girls like!

Diamondgirl - Yay for mori lee :) do you have any real pictures from the wedding of them? I would love to see!

Thanks everyone - i am starting to get excited :)

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I adore that color. I think you definitely will have a gorgeous winter wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results